Interesting cars the Europeans don't have

Danny Tran

or <br /><div class="bigusername">Tranny Dan?</div
Watching Top Gear, I often get the impression the North American market get few interesting cars:

Pagani Zonda, Reanult Clio (mid-engined, really bokers one), Ford Focus RS and ST, Holden Monaro, Fiat 500, Alfa Romeos, VW Polo, Ford Mondeo, Suzuki Swift sport (not the fake one, Daewoo Kalos), etc.

However, I often forget the North Americans get some interesting cars the Europeans don't the Honda Integra (Acura RSX), Infiniti G35 sedan and coup?, Acura RDX....

Am I forgetting any?

Well the Americans don't get, Callaway, Lingenfelter, Heffner or any other other American tuners, while we still are able to import the High End Euro Supercars, In general we get the bigger cars while they get the smaller "sexier" cars. Interesting just depends on your viewpoints to some they are great, to others they are the opposite.

Well the Americans don't get, Callaway, Lingenfelter, Heffner or any other other American tuners, while we still are able to import the High End Euro Supercars, In general we get the bigger cars while they get the smaller "sexier" cars. Interesting just depends on your viewpoints to some they are great, to others they are the opposite.

You mean Europeans?

The europeans dont get any of our SUVs, some of teh Japanese luxury cars, some other the japanese cars, w/e.

And BTW Europe can get Infiniti G35 sedans and Coupes.

But they have to find an Importer to import them one of these. A Skyline 350GT. There are a few of them running around England.
AkinaGhost453.jpg

You mean Europeans?

The europeans dont get any of our SUVs, some of teh Japanese luxury cars, some other the japanese cars, w/e.

And BTW Europe can get Infiniti G35 sedans and Coupes.

But they have to find an Importer to import them one of these. A Skyline 350GT. There are a few of them running around England.
AkinaGhost453.jpg

Yes, but I can't edit my posts because the save button does not connect through, so I'm stuck with that until it works again.

^^ Infiniti is entering the European market I read. The G35 is one of the models which will be available right off the mark.

^^ Infiniti is entering the European market I read. The G35 is one of the models which will be available right off the mark.

That will be awesome. Cant wait to see what JC has to say. They like the Murano (an FX) and the 350Z (pretty much the same as a G coupe) so it will be cool. :cool:

The murano is a fwd, cvt platform, the FX is rwd, basically a M with a lift kit.

The fact that this is kind of a slow topic says two things:

1. this is a HUGELY Euro-centric board, even moreso than what I would have figured at first.
2. America really doesn't get interesting cars, or because of (1.) the Europeaness has skewered what we consider "interesting" cars.

For one, Europeans don't get:

cadillac_cts_10_01_07.jpg

As well as:

ford-mustang-gt.jpg

...which is ironic, considering all the bitching they do over the live axle they're the ones that have the least chance of actually driving one, or more importantly, putting money down for one and living with it day in and day out.

There are the limited editions too:

0306_Z06+Chevrolet_Corvette_Z06_Commemorative_Edition+Driver_Side_Front_View.jpg

car1.jpg

50784736.jpg

(That last one was a joke btw, nobody here bought one to begin with :lol:)

And who says we don't do homebuilt cars?

factory-five_racing-gtm_manu-06_04.jpg

cust%20ride%20porsche%20blk.jpg

(Beck Speedster recreation - yes, I DO understand the irony.)

Another two:

ssc-ultimate-aero-exposed.jpg

But as far as I'm concerned, I'm not bothered about that either.

Lastly, I forgot this was America we're talking about, so here's a Hog with a Chevy V8 in it.

02-boss-hoss-1_big.jpg

The fact that this is kind of a slow topic says two things:

1. this is a HUGELY Euro-centric board, even moreso than what I would have figured at first.
2. America really doesn't get interesting cars, or because of (1.) the Europeaness has skewered what we consider "interesting" cars.

As well as:

ford-mustang-gt.jpg

...which is ironic, considering all the bitching they do over the live axle they're the ones that have the least chance of actually driving one, or more importantly, putting money down for one and living with it day in and day out.

There are the limited editions too:

0306_Z06+Chevrolet_Corvette_Z06_Commemorative_Edition+Driver_Side_Front_View.jpg

car1.jpg

50784736.jpg

(That last one was a joke btw, nobody here bought one to begin with :lol:)

And who says we don't do homebuilt cars?

factory-five_racing-gtm_manu-06_04.jpg

cust%20ride%20porsche%20blk.jpg

Another two:

ssc-ultimate-aero-exposed.jpg

But as far as I'm concerned, I'm not bothered about that either.

Lastly, I forgot this was America we're talking about, so here's a Hog with a Chevy V8 in it.

02-boss-hoss-1_big.jpg

Amen!

^How can the europeans NOT live without a Boss Hog? I mean, EVERYONE needs a V8 cruiser bike ahaha

ironhide1500.jpg

:dunno:

Thread is going pretty slow.

So heres a 851hp twin turbo Mustang Cobra with music by Metallica, figured it was decently American.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP9H7QkNjMM[/youtube]

Yeah we do.
We just don't care about it too much :lol:

Mustangs aren't that rare either. I've seen some around and there's a new Shelby Mustang in here somewhere. There's no official dealer network for most of what you showed - only for Cadillac at the moment. But you can have one imported if you like and get it registered. Problem is though, that the price advantage that there is with lets say a Corvette is pretty much lost by then.
It would be nice to see how much Corvettes were if they actually were officially imported. That's one of NA brands I'd like to test drive.

And Infinity is coming to Europe this year already. Spearheading is the G375.

Last edited:
ford-mustang-gt.jpg

The magic of The Mustang is that it is incredibly tunable: want it to handle better? upgrade the suspension. Want more power? Just tighten a bolt and get 50 more horse power. The aftermarket is so vast that you can turn it into anything you want, for relatively no money.
Also it is a 300hp V8 car stock for around $24USD. That's only around 12 thousand pounds, about the same price for a low end, no thrills Golf.

You mean Europeans?

why would we want japanese luxury cars when we can get european luxury cars?

and there is nothing particular amazing about american SUVs as well.. apart from the sheer size difference. it will be pretty thirsty as well, which isnt a good thing since our petrol price is well over US $1 per litre.

which is why we resolve to small light jap/euro cars. lots of 1.3/4/6/8 on the road.

Is there any other japanese luxury car maker missing in Europe than Infinity? Lexus has been here for some time already.