Interesting looking car in Turkey that I can't ID

bartboy9891

I'm not Moe
EDIT: nevermind, found out it was an easily identifiable car by one of the few Turkish manufacturers after some quick googling

mods can delete this thread

Last edited:
Meh, could you at least post the pic and share? :(

ONpKK.jpg

after looking at other pictures, this seems to be its only good angle

Turkey has/had a motor industry? Whats next? The French making cars? :p

EDIT: nevermind, found out it was an easily identifiable car by one of the few Turkish manufacturers after some quick googling

mods can delete this thread

Use the triangle to get the mod's attention and don't tease.

Use the triangle to get the mod's attention and don't tease.

Yeah, just answer your own threads so the rest of us can see. No harm in leaving it.

Also, lots of countries you wouldn't think have motor industries actually do. Peugeot for instance makes old models in Iran altough I guess that's about to change now since they entered some kind of alliance deal with General Motors.

Otosan (the makers of Anadol) used to make old Ford models, as well as a some of their own designs using Ford bits. Nowadays they're making the Transit Connect, I think.

They make Clios, Meganes, Fluences, Thalias, Transits, Tourneos, Transit Connects, Tourneo Connects, Partners, Boxers, Ducatos, Berlingos, Palios, Albeas, Doblos, Lineas, Qubos, Fiorinos, Bippers, Nemos, and Combos. Maybe more.

Grande Punto and Punto Evo are also made in Turkey. At least some of them, mine came from Turin, Italy.

They make over a million vehicles every year. They also have quite a few domestic bus manufacturers. Not quite as many as Iran however, they make a million and a half.

Is Turkey the new Korea? :p

They also have a thriving domestic commercial vehicle market, often using marques we never see anymore.

BMC:

img_ub_r.php

De Soto, sometimes badged as Fargo:

01_b.jpg

even Ford heavy trucks are still built and marketed in Turkey:

FORD_CARGO_1835_ALL_PARTS.jpg

They also have a thriving domestic commercial vehicle market, often using marques we never see anymore.

That's really cool. I thought Desoto and Fargo were lost to the world. Learn new things daily I guess.

Turkey makes a number of things that are exported to the US (and Europe as well I presume), plus plenty for local consumption. My father spends three months of the year there every year (and has since around 1970 or so, the sole exception being either 1990 or 1991 due to unrest in the Middle East due to Desert Shield or Desert Storm, which of course depends on what year it was he missed). He has interesting stories about Turkey in general and their cars specifically.

Interestingly enough Turkey is making a number of firearms that are imported to the US as Stoeger, which is a subsidiary of Beretta.