International Harvester to be resurrected by VW...

GRtak

Forum Addict

I don't know what to think about this. Is there enough tractor fans to bring back the truck brand? I doubt it. Are there enough people that remember the brand as a road going vehicle? Probably not.

I think this is VW making the most out of a platform and will build these alongside the EV equivalent of the Tiguan or Atlas.

I think this is VW making the most out of a platform and will build these alongside the EV equivalent of the Tiguan or Atlas.
Agreed, because I think (effectively) zero Americans would be interested in a VW-branded pickup truck.

Agreed, because I think (effectively) zero Americans would be interested in a VW-branded pickup truck.

Exactly. I forgot that they have/had the Amorak.

Exactly. I forgot that they have/had the Amorak.

Nissan and Toyota sell trucks. I think if the price is right, people will bite. Hell, the atlas is selling super well.

Nissan and Toyota sell trucks. I think if the price is right, people will bite. Hell, the atlas is selling super well.

Nissan and Toyota have done so for decades in this country, VW hasn't. The Atlas is a SUV, and they don't face the same scrutiny that a truck does.

If Peugeot were to suddenly introduce a truck here, it would have the same problem.