Internet and you. Addicted?

Yup, I'm addicted.

There is no escape to this addiction.

I'm not sure if it's an addiction, more a time waster than anything. I really have no problem leaving it when I go somewhere, but it is fun to mess around on when I'm home and don't have much better to do.

Addicted? No, I'm just fine when my internet goes down. I play some records, play guitar, read a book, etc.

However, I do enjoy my time online, as clearly displayed by my post count.

I'm not sure if it's an addiction, more a time waster than anything. I really have no problem leaving it when I go somewhere, but it is fun to mess around on when I'm home and don't have much better to do.

this!

it's better than tv, but everything else is better than the internet...

...except when you're at work, then it suddenly becomes VERY important and interesting :p

Last edited:
Life is worthless without tubez.

i get kinda itchy when i don't have access to the internet. Not like withdrawal sickness or anything more like a craving it is very similar to the feeling i get if i haven't had my nightly cigarette before i go to bed.

Hmm, need to get past this addiction with online forums myself ... but this forum is full of good people and I've been here long enough to know some of them ... I already limited myself to the Off-Topic section and read posts selectively, but it hasn't helped much.
And if I do take a leave from the forums, as I've done once, I will just come back again and will have that much more to catch up on.

That being said, I've been addicted to TV before, got rid of my TV ... been addicted to games, deleted all of them ... I'm still addicted to music, I refuse to let it go, though ...

I'm not addicted to the Internet, I'm addicted to getting information and to communicating with other people. Heavy Internet usage is only a symptom.

An addiction, but not on-line or here to the exclusion of other stuff. Yes, I still go out regularly with friends, still participate with the family (as much as I would like to hide from them), housework, shopping and other hobbies still happen. Been late for work once or twice due to reading forums in the morning (like right now) gotta get my butt showered and on the road, and here I'm wasting time talking about it!

When I'm using the computer, I'm addicted to the internet. Without the internet, it feels kind of pointless to use the computer. I'll just press the internet key on my keyboard and be greeted with a "Server not responding" and then I'll walk outside or sit in front of the TV.

Mmm I don't feel addicted, but when I look at what I'm doing right now, I'm looking through internet forums, while watching tv and occasionally checking personal/work emails on my iPhone :lol:. But it really does feel good to shut everything off sometimes, which is why I like going to the mountains or playing golf even..

Addicted? No, I'm just fine when my internet goes down. I play some records, play guitar, read a book, etc.

However, I do enjoy my time online, as clearly displayed by my post count.

I function with out the internet when its forcibly not around me (on holiday for extended period, business related, etc), but as long as I have easy access to it when I am at home, its usually over. I've been sucked in since 1998. <_<

I've spent more then a 1/4th of my life here.

Not only am I addicted to the internet, but my job is to make sure the internet stays running, so that other people can be addicted to it. :D

When I'm using the computer, I'm addicted to the internet. Without the internet, it feels kind of pointless to use the computer.

:yes: This. I don't think that I'm super addicted (though I'm sure that some people would disagree with me.) But it feels pointless to go on the computer without using the internet. Even when playing games, I'll end up surfing the 'net to find a walkthrough for the game, if I'm stuck at a certain section I'll try and find if other people have had trouble... etc. Instead of going through a cookbook at home I'll end up trawling through the recipe sites to find something.

On the forum issue though, FinalGear is the only one I post at, but with everything else I tend to lurk. :ninja:

I like control, and I like information. With the internet, I can control the information I receive.

I blame my wife for introducing me to the internet in 2001. Before that, I had never been on. Needless to say, I became a bit like the lawnmower man.

Very much so, have been for years.

I am relatively sure the internet, computer, and other electronic things is negatively impacting my health, but I am too addicted. :(