Internet Explorer 7 public beta released

Pff, looks exactly like Avant browser (and Maxthon as well iirc, both IE based). Finally microsoft did what some other guys were doing since years now. Tabbed browsing and a search field. Hurray... :mouse:

I'm not switching from my IE6 based Avant browser though. Maybe I'll give it a try once final release is out.

Re: Internet Explorer 7 public beta released

jensked said:
Andrew911tt said:
"I love tabs"

Then you should check out good ol' Firefox

Speaking of Firefox: 1.5.0.1 is now out!

Way to hijack the thread, eh?

Is this like many other Microsoft software which allow uninstalls only through System Restore? If it is then I'll stay clear, at least for now.

I am a FireFox user for the last year or so

After playing with this IE7 i hate it so much its a piece of shit

That don't let you put the toolbars where you want them

I just want the File toolbar at the top then the address then my links and it won't let me do it its a piece of shit

FUCK so frustration

From the Release Notes ... ;)
To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview and return to Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
# Click ?Start,? and then click ?Control Panel.?
# Click ?Add or Remove Programs.?
# Check ?Show Updates? at the top of the dialog box.
# Scroll down the list to ?Windows XP ? Software Updates,? select ?Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2Preview,? and then click "Change/Remove."

If "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview" does not exist, run %windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\spuninst.exe. You need to have "view hidden folders" enabled.

Installed it yesterday and holy crap, it's actually decent!!! :eek: I'll still be using FF of course, but I could actually live now with using IE.

Oh, and of course PNG transparency is HUGE for me being a web developer and all. <3

Viper007Bond said:
Oh, and of course PNG transparency is HUGE for me being a web developer and all. <3

Roger that. It's about time IE stepped up to the plate on that one.

Now, if Firefox could only get the Flash tranparency thing straight :( IE has supported it properly for a long time.....

I've had it for a while... it's pretty good, but I still don't get the point of tabs.

Firefox sucks ass... don't you people care that it's so much slower compared to every other Windows browser? I don't pay $60 a month for broadband internet to wait for tiny pictures to slowly load. And I've gotten screwed over more than once by Firefox forgetting my 'profile' and erasing all of my favourites and stuff.

Shawn_230 said:
Firefox sucks ass... don't you people care that it's so much slower compared to every other Windows browser?

I've noticed just the opposite actually. Firefox seems "snappier" than others, especially on pages with a lot of javascript. I'm a web developer, so I check the sites I build in different browsers. I used to have a much slower connection and Firefox really made a difference on page load speeds over IE.

I don't know, as much as I hate Firefox for other reasons, the general consensus seems to be that Firefox is quite slow. It's like Safari... slow, but has some die-hard fans.

I think Opera is supposed to be the quickest? But I personally use IE6... it's uncluttered, quick and is built into Windows so it just simplifies things.

jeffy777 said:
Shawn_230 said:
Firefox sucks ass... don't you people care that it's so much slower compared to every other Windows browser?

I've noticed just the opposite actually. Firefox seems "snappier" than others, especially on pages with a lot of javascript. I'm a web developer, so I check the sites I build in different browsers. I used to have a much slower connection and Firefox really made a difference on page load speeds over IE.

Hmm, FF is nice and fast here, minus when you start it up (vs IE). But that's only because IE is built into Windows and is pretty much always open.

Viper007Bond said:
Hmm, FF is nice and fast here, minus when you start it up (vs IE). But that's only because IE is built into Windows and is pretty much always open.

Viper, you should try Firefox Preloader. It's a tray app that loads FF when you start Windows (as a service I guess). Unfortunately it ALWAYS keeps FF open even when you close the FF window. That means some form of CPU load all the time. I close the preloader when I play games. It's not without it's drawbacks, but FF loads pretty fast now.