Internet Problems: Wireless internet is faster than my wired

Pininfarina_

Car(s)
E46
My computer that's hooked up to a wired internet connection is getting a significantly reduced speed (in torrents) than my wireless computer.

The wired computer is running off a router/modem combo provided by my ISP and my wireless computer is connected to that router through a wireless PCI card.

The torrent running on the wired computer is getting 3kbps and uTorrent sometimes gives me that orange triangle/red circle of errors on the bottom right of the program.

My wireless computer has no such errors and is getting 200-300kbps but since it's wireless, it spikes up and down.

Any suggestions? I'm very inexperienced with internet problems.

What kind of PCI is it? PCI X, PCI Express, or just PCI? Is the ethernet card 10, 10/100, or 10/100/1000?

If you're using uTorrent, run the connection test to check if your port is open. Are other downloads slow?

So it's not your connection, but torrenting specifically. Which indicates that it's likely a software issue, either on the router end or your PC. Definitely try the uTorrent connection test.

Are you sure utorrent is not limited on upload or download? Some torrents won't let you download quickly if your upload is capped or very low, so maybe you simply set the limits too low?

That's always a possibility.

Right click on the bottom right edge and you will see this menu

untitled_001.JPG

Make sure your max download is high, or, just higher than your actual download speed so it maxes out... If you prefer that method.

EDIT!

If you look where I right clicked, I actually clicked on U(for Upload). D is farther to the left, you'll see the D.

Interesting.....going to mess around with settings and what you suggested too. Thanks!