INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Howzit to all the TG fans! I'm from South Africa, have been a fan of the FinalGear site for many years, decided to register today because of a song I needed to find. Turns out that even though Series 22 is simulcast in SA at the same time it's shown in the UK, there are still different tracks in certain segments of certain episodes. Anyways, hello!

Hello, Janez from Slovenia here...registered mostly because of TopGear, so that's about it. :)

Last edited:
been here awhile rick from 'oz likes moto gp- ama motocross- fim mxgp- speedwayGP-- fav car show 5th gear

Hello!

My name is Roi!
And I'm a High School Petrol Head
I'm currently not driving yet but in a couple months (March -> July) I can apply for Student Permit :lol:
Not only am I a petrol head (avid fan of Top Gear), I'm also a fountain pen collector and user.

Anyway, It is nice to meet you guys and such!
Thanks,
-RTMC

Reactions: lip
Hello, all!
I'm Megan from Canada.

I've been lurking on these forums for a few years, but have decided to finally take the plunge.
And, duh, I love Top Gear! :)

Reactions: lip
Hello!
I'm 13 years old from Sweden.
I watch Top Gear UK all the time.
James is my favorite.
I don't drive, of course.
But my father has a Lada Niva which is really cool.
Cheers :p

My name's Kevin... i've been on final gear quite a bit... finally joined up. I'm from the U.S of A.

Last edited:
Greetings from snowy New England. I'm Sid, a fan of Top Gear since first seeing it about a year ago (UK version, of course), and a fan of this site since first hearing of it a few months ago.

Howdy. Name is Jon
Been browsing for years and years. Actually though I had become a member a long time ago.

Anyway, live in Canada! Nice to see Top Gear Visit us recently!
Here are my whips if anybody Cares!

3587259695_124740da8d_o%282%29.jpg

10679700_10152743660481620_6030474128550714673_o.jpg

:welcome: to FinalGear! :dance:

Have a look around and enjoy your stay :D

Some simple things to help you get started. Please note the location of the FAQ and Forum Rules. A quick read of those will mean you are less likely to be set on fire, drawn, quartered and beaten up before you even get started. That could be an understatement, but might at least save you from some of the more irritating gaffes that will induce the ire of others. Well, most others anyway. Might also save you being banned :razz: Random posting and thread creating just to increase post counts will be :mad: upon.

If you're having issues with the forums (ie the message boards), and have read the FAQ, check here first. It may have already been reported. Issues with the site (FinalGear.com) go here. Don't confuse the two, or the man who-shall-not-be-named will get all cranky. And you won't like that. We probably won't either.

If you're having issues staying logged in, remember to check the "Remember Me" check box under where you enter your username and password. This will mean that you don't auto logout.

If you want to test how things look, how functions work, whatever, there is a test forum. Others might respond to your tests because they are smart arses, or actually might be able to assist, or whatever. So don't be surprised.

Not-a-dudes, for a pink username, go here. Be prepared, there are some lovely persons of the male persuasion who enjoy welcoming the new girls on the block. Posting your pic in here will also draw attention. So be prepared. Apparently some of the guys have never seen a girl before. :lmao:

To edit your profile, go here.

For posting your cars, please read the rules first. Claiming ownership of what isn't yours is punishable. By flogging and then death. Then exposure to sunlight or consecutive viewings of the Twilight and all the Police Academy movies. And eviction. And whatever else can be dreamt up. Be mindful, some people around here have way too much time on their hands, and do lots of dreaming up. :shock:

Also, don't forget the search function before posting or creating new threads. Using more than three letters makes searching much easier. And please think before bumping really old threads! Necro-ing threads usually gets you nothing but red blobbies, aka rep. And no, don't ask about rep. Use the search function. Bitching about rep may also get you into trouble.

If you're new, and are posting, and wondering where your posts are, they could be in the moderation queue. We do this for your first few posts so that we're sure that you are a real person and not some bot. Depending on the business of the mods, it can take a day or two. So, as a certain Guide recommends, Don't Panic. For the same reason you can't immediately post with urls either.

Private Messaging is also not granted automatically to new users. You need to request here for it to be activated.

There are a number of groups that you can join. These are found here (User CP, My Settings (on the left) -> Permission Groups). The rules about joining are there.

There is an IRC channel. Put on some thick skin before you venture there first though. And armour. Maybe some mace too. It's dog eat n00b in there. But we can play nice. Sometimes. When we're asleep. And please don't ask for torrents.

And if you have some spare change, you might like to treat yourself to an FG shirt or iPhone cover. They are most awesome. Or throw some coinage in the donation bin :D

We do appreciate the use of proper spelling and grammar. We do have lots of members that are don't have English as a first language, and some allowances are made. But posting without the use of proper punctuation and spelling is very likely going to mean you are not going to make a good impression.

- ashspet

Last edited:
Hello Everybody,

I'm Mel and was a lurker for a long time. The main reason which first brought me here are the rather excellent music threads regards each individual Top Gear episodes. Over the years after watching Top Gear many many times, I came to the conclusion that the first seasons (3-10) are my favourites.

Now I have grown towards Fifth Gear, who when it came to humour and testing could not match TG. However over the last couple of years they have really matured and make excellent television.

Best regards,

~Mel.

Hi there !

I'm Shouille. I've been following the forum for many years without having anything much to add, but hey, now there's Top Gear France !

Last edited:
Fan of Top Gear for many a year now, my user name is well my real name a Manchester lad living in Germany.

Howdy, I'm opethfan, and I live in one of the towns shown on a map during 22x06!

Pleasure to join you all.

Hello

I am here to introduce myself

- - - Updated - - -

I just made the account a moment ago to communicate with others about what's happened recently in the news