INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

I'm Travis, I'm 21
Live in Portland, Or, kinda
Student at PSU studying Mechanical Engineering.
Drive a 1998 rolla which I love for it's efficiency and hate for it's dull driving dynamics

I am a hopeless car nut, and I've been watching Top gear religiously since before James May, most of the time getting it off this site because I live in the states, but I'm just starting to get into forums so excuse the name

Howdy everyone! My name is Andrew. I have been a fan of top gear for a few years now, and even attempted to make it to a filming back when I lived in Europe. Anyway, I have loved finalgear.com for a while now, and I am getting around to the forums finally.

I happened onto this Forum quite by accident when a link with photos of My Car under construction showed up at a Furgeson Fabrication's website!

My car is a 1994 Laguna Blue Miata with a new 2006 Corvette LS2 and a T-56 six speed trans, Ford 8.8 3:73 geared Posi IRS rear-end to name a few items.

Furgesons were people I used to know in the past, however they have provided nothing on my car project and have had No part in the development / construction of my LS2 V8 Miata what-so-ever.

Just thought I'd set the record straight, if anybody wants to see my car under construction go to my photo gallery at;

http://forums.finalgear.com/post-your-car/hey-from-newby-ls2-v8-miata-27210/

Thanks for your interest:cool:

I'm Travis, I'm 21
Drive a 1998 rolla which I love for it's efficiency and hate for it's dull driving dynamics

I am a hopeless car nut, and I've been watching Top gear religiously since before James May, most of the time getting it off this site because I live in the states, but I'm just starting to get into forums so excuse the name

:welcome: guys!

I'm Travis, I'm 21

Woot, Portland!

Hey Guys/Girls!:D

I'm Ahmed from Egypt, I study at the Faculty of Toursim in a University(Boring), I learn German aswell(Fun).

I really really love Porsche even if the rest of the world hates it. I love Coldplay, Evanescence, U.N.K.L.E, Ludovico Einaudi, Yanni, and Linkin Park,.

Of I course love Top Gear (more than you can imagine) I just can't live without these guys, and also respect Fifth Gear. I knew this site about 3 years ago by a video of Top Gear I've downloaded, so I watch Top Gear through it (Thanks a lot Viper)<3.

I never drove a Porsche but I've only touched one:mrgreen:
Used to drive a 92 Impreza (totaled):( but currently nothing.
I love & respect all of the German cars, some of the Jap (Subaru's) and American cars.

Peace!

Last edited:
:welcome:

@porsche geliebte: Welcome and just out of curiousity: are you aware that your nick is giving the impression you're female?

@porsche geliebte: Welcome and just out of curiousity: are you aware that your nick is giving the impression you're female?

Ouch:blush:....actually i'm not aware, what should it be Geliebter or what ?
It's been only a year learning Deutsch:D.....Thanks for the note!
Ein herzliches Dankesch?n<3

Last edited:
Ouch:blush:....actually i'm not aware, what should it be Geliebter or what ?
It's been only a year learning Deutsch:D.....Thanks for the note!
Ein herzliches Dankesch?n<3

:) Yes, the male term would be 'Geliebter', but 'Geliebte/r' isn't really the right expression at all, as it is used mainly between men and women, because it translates into 'beloved'.

If you're searching for a better translation for 'enthusiast', 'fan' or 'aficionado', the right term would be 'Liebhaber'.;)

Yes, and I suppose a name change wouldn't be much of a problem, just ask one of the admins.

:) Yes, the male term would be 'Geliebter', but 'Geliebte/r' isn't really the right expression at all, as it is used mainly between men and women, because it translates into 'beloved'.

If you're searching for a better translation for 'enthusiast', 'fan' or 'aficionado', the right term would be 'Liebhaber'.;)

I really don't know how to thank you Polly:rolleyes:, and the Interceptor too.
This language is difficult for me but i still love it more than English:mrgreen:

My name is David, I'm currently 21 [bday at the beginning of July] and have known about this site for awhile [how I watch Top Gear] and have been on the forum for a little bit but haven't really posted much [odd.. really odd.. I usually whore up forums.. haha].

I own an '04 Saturn Ion Redline and have grown out of the whole 'spend money making the car mine' phase though I don't regret any of the purchases. Though I still do like cars in general and finding out how things work. Ferrari's are my favourite but I am not really 'against' many automakers, only a few. I like electronics and video games, and am getting more and more into photography [have always loved it just never really got into it].

With respect to past cars I had a '94 Cavy [the car that if I ever got hit by anything larger than a cat I'd die...] and before that it was an '82 Tercel 2-door, 4-speed.. haha That was an awesome car.. though the clutch costed more than the value of the car...

Hello. My name is also David and i'm from Scotland in the UK.

I have many interests including photography and gaming on the PC and Xbox. I know a few people from here such as Speedtouch and Pressurized. Hope to chat to some of you on the forum!

*High Five!*

Have fun here. Its more intelligent than TDUC. :lol:

Hello there....

I'm Tracey, 33 years old (yet for some reason I keep wanting to say 34, just getting in some practice I guess :rolleyes:) and live in Cornwall.

I don't drive as yet - in fact I think I must have broken the record for the longest length of time for holding a provisional licence without actually passing m'test, but hopefully that will happen sometime this year. Not looking for anything Zonda-esque, car wise, a nippy little Ford Ka or Mazda2 will suit me quite nicely.

:D

I'd better own up being an ex-Hammond Heaven member, joining up here now to be able to chat to other Top Gear fans without resorting to...well, you know the kind of thing that goes on "over there". Not a Fifth Gear fan I'm afraid - hope you don't hold that against me.

As for the screen name - it's the title of one of my favourite songs from my favourite decade, the delicious track from the Tom Tom Club.

:lol:

Hope to post here lots.....

xx Tracey xx

Welcome Tracey! :wave:

I think it's good Hammond's on the show, makes this forum have more girls. :lol:

:welcome: Tracey, join the 'not a dude' group to get a spiffy title and a pink name :)

"Not a Dude" - me likes that.

:mrgreen:

Although I'd be lying if I said I was a girly girl.

I'm convinced there was a day when all the other girls were taken off and told how to wear nice clothes and do their hair and put on make up etc. and I was ill, or in bed, or something.

:p

Thanks for the welcome! I won't be any trouble, honest. Forum veteran me....I even run one m'self, a slightly more sane site for the fans of Mr Hammond than...that place. And I ran another one years back which was a fan forum for someone who is far to embarrasing to mention.

Oh...and I waffle.

Hence the name, probably.

:lol:

Hey!
Im Julie. Im 19 and from Sydney, Aus. Joined a while ago but havent made any posts yet. Thought it was about time I made 1. :)