INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Welcome everybody! :)

this is me
long time Top Gear watcher...have all of the "new seasons". love the show. I drive a 2004 Evolution 8 RS. look for it in the "post your car" forum, as soon as it gets approved.

Andrew

:welcome: Andrew.

Hi everyone. I've been reading this board for a while so I thought I'd register. I'm 26, live in Kentucky and work in state government. And not a dude, but I'm not entirely sure how to add that to the space above an avatar. [edit: figured it out!]

I stumbled onto Top Gear on BBC America and I really have to say that I thought it would be just another car show. You know the ones with a bunch of men sitting around talking about cars and how they work and just generally being boring? Or so obsessed with NASCAR that they're absolutely unwatchable.

But to my surprise Top Gear was informative (mostly), funny, and genuinely worth watching. So now I watch the torrented versions, as they're not edited like on BBC America. I'm absolutely hooked.

Last edited:
:welcome: Ms Kentucky :p. There are quite a few leg humpers here ever since the invasion of ladies has taken place :).

I'm Lisa and I am a geordie but I live in London, I like lots of girly stuff like fashion, cheryl cole etc etc, but I love stuff like cars guns beer and football too. :) Hello

hey
i'm joey, 22yrs old, med student from nyc. only just started watchin top gear, but fell in luv with it!!

Last edited:
:welcome: Lisa and Joey.

Welcome to the best place on the internet, Lisa and Joey

Well I have no idea how to start on this board - I can't seem to find anything. It's all over the place and unlike any forum I've ever been on before. So this will probably be my only entry!!

I have looked around this site and registered simply because I thought it would show me a list of the pieces of music played on the various top gears episodes - in chronological order. Now that isn't too much to ask surely?

Instead I seem to be swamped by countless useless entries from people spouting off music that has no bearing on what was actually played on the program. What an absolute waste of bloody time.

You sound like a nice guy. You will be thoroughly missed. Feel free to not recommend us to your friends.

Last edited:
Well I have no idea how to start on this board - I can't seem to find anything. It's all over the place and unlike any forum I've ever been on before. So this will probably be my only entry!!

I have looked around this site and registered simply because I thought it would show me a list of the pieces of music played on the various top gears episodes - in chronological order. Now that isn't too much to ask surely?

Instead I seem to be swamped by countless useless entries from people spouting off music that has no bearing on what was actually played on the program. What an absolute waste of bloody time.
http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear-episode-songs/

Don't let the door hit you on your way out, you incompetent prick. Welcome. :)

Eleanor, just a wild guess, but are you by any chance watching Top Gear on any of the following:
BBC America
BBC Canada
BBC World
BBC Prime
Veronica
SBS
Or similar non-UK broadcaster

If so, the music played on the above TV stations is different to the original BBC2 broadcast.
At Final Gear everybody only watches and refers to the original BBC2 shows, like the contributors to WTS you were so scathing of in your post.:|

If so, the music played on the above TV stations is different to the original BBC2 broadcast.

I, too, discovered this when I started watching the BBC2 versions instead of the BBC America versions, and I have to say it makes a huge difference.

Kind of makes me wonder what will happen when BBCA hits the Vietnam special and they can't get the rights to "Born in the USA". Or edit the special down to 42 minutes like they do with every other episode.

Right, here goes...

I'm an old, dry Dane who happens to watch a lot of Top Gear, have a lot of free time (or rather, had) and use much of it browsing forums. Like this one. Likes to lurk and think of witty/sarcastic replies to much of the fanboi-ism and nitpicking (which is almost as funny as yanks defending their cars, food and stupidity) going on here, but never actually get around to actually posting any of them.

Anyways, I don't have a car of my own and probably won't have for a heck of a lot of years to come, but I wouldn't mind having someone park that Pro Drive P2-thingie outside my door, with the keys still in it.

And now I really should get back to lur-... err, working. Yeah.

:welcome: Banshee. You'll fit in.

Whats up everyone. Long time TG fan from Los Angeles. NO, I'm not a fat American.

Hi everyone! I decided to make an intro so i'll stop getting the notice at the top of my screen to do so. I'm an occasional lurker, but i want to make sure that if i ever have anything pithy to say it won't get clogged up in the moderation queue. I mostly get on the forum here to check out news on the show or to occasionally "borrow" a GIF or three from some of your awesome signatures to use on my local auto-enthusiast forum. :D

I am an American (and a southerner!) but i hope y'all (<--see?) won't hold that against me as i'm not fat, love F1, loathe NASCAR and most American cars, and love watching Top Gear! :)