INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

After lurking around here for a few months I decided to join up.

I am Daniel and I live in Alabama. The northern part, not the terrible southern half of the state. The part that built the Saturn V rocket and put man on the moon, not the part that builds shrimp boats and chased the Top Gear boys to Mississippi.

I have been watching Top Gear for a few years now and have become and addict. The only disappointment is that Top Gear America never got the greenlight. Just imagine a race of $500 American cars from Miami to Anchorage. Could have been epic!

I may as well go ahead and post my car history.

1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra
1982 Ford Ranger - Still had a working factory 8 track player when I got rid of it.
1993 Dodge Dakota
2001 Dodge Dakota
2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara - My current car

And if we ever get it put back together and restored I will have a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle.

Hi I'm Joe
m frmg Goa
how u all , doin a great job uploading our fav tg ep's
can any one tell me how to download the old top gear ep's through
filesharing

Cheers and thanks in advance

Joe

Straight to the point eh?

I suggest you ask that somewhere else, this thread isn't for that so you probably won't get an answer. There are plenty of guides on the site.

Hello, I met Ozgirl (I hope I got the name right) at the James May lego build today, so I thought I'd sign up.

Hiya,
My name is Andrew. Well actualy it's Ondrej, but since the entire world speaks english (JC on ZR1) Andrew is better.
I live in Prague, Czech Republic, country with incredibly bad roads but thankfully nearly no caravaners.
Don't have a car. There's no point, what with school and . .. . sh*t.
And I'm a Porsche person.
And that's about it.

Welcome, all. Hope you enjoy being part of the finalgear mafia for years to come.

Hello, everyone. I'm Stef. I'm a "professional student" at Baylor in Waco, Texas, double-majoring in Film and Digital Media and Political Science--neither of which are "Branch-Davidianism," FTR. I love "Top Gear" (and I even gush on it to non-car-lovin'-people because the cinematography is that pretty), but hate waiting a year for new episodes to come to the US, so here I am.

I currently drive an '02 Nissan Altima...because it was the best that I could find in one weekend home with my parents for what they gave me when a drunk totalled out my last car (RIP, Grand Am). My car's presh...as in, it looks like Nissan hired some designers from Fisher-Price and said, "have at it, and heap on extra 'aww.'" But it runs, and that's what's important. :)

Someday, I'd like to (read: probably won't ever be able to) replace that with a GT-R or a Porsche 911 (and after years at BU, one that's 45 years old, not running, and on cinderblocks might be in my price range when I'm 97). Until then, I guess I'll drool at the ones on TV.

Last edited:
Paul Introducing himself!

Paul Introducing himself!

Hello everyone,
My name is Paul, i'm 25 and live in the USA, in the state of Minnesota. I'm a HUGE Top Gear fan and racing fan in general. I've used final gear for years as a great access point to get Top Gear. I was curious if anyone knew how to get an invitation code for Finalgear.com? I used to have an account, and now it says it doesn't exist. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much,

Paul

I was curious if anyone knew how to get an invitation code for Finalgear.com? I used to have an account, and now it says it doesn't exist. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

:huh: What are you talking about, you're here.

Hi. I don't know anything about cars and in the old days I would never have watched Top Gear but lately its become much more than just a car review programme. Loads of people could present a programme like that, but Jeremy, James and Richard are just so funny and entertaining. The caravan trip, vehicles that can travel in water and the rally with co drivers were terrific viewing. Plus I've got such a crush on James. I'm totally besotted. Its unexpected for me cos I've always liked short haired boys. Now I'm addicted to Top Gear reruns on Dave. Am from the West Mids.

Greetings all! I discovered this show a few weeks ago when a friend sent me the DVD of season 10, saying I'd love it (and she was right). I was very annoyed, therefore, when I discovered that the other seasons were not available on DVD. Fortunately, though, that same friend also sent me here and I've been working my way through the earlier seasons (finished season 1 and am finishing the final ep of season 2 as I write this).

Love the show, love the attitude, love the humor, love two of the presenters (Clarkson tends to wear on me if I watch too many eps at once -- the continual slams at Americans get really old really fast). It's been interesting watching the show evolve bit by bit and I'm looking forward to seeing the remainder of the seasons.

I drive a '98 Ford Mustang GT -- not much, I admit, but until I get that massive publishing deal for all the stuff I've written, the Porsche 959 I'd much rather be driving is a BIT out of my reach. Other automotive favorites include the Lamborghini Murcielago, Audi R8, McLaren F1, Ferrari Testarossa, Bugatti Veyron, Aston Martin DBS, the 2003-up Jaguar XJ, and (from the classic era) Dodge Charger R/T, Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda, and '57 Chevy Bel Air.

Just wanted to say hi!

cheers,
Phil

Last edited:
I am from the simrace mod group RMi. We design realistic physics for all GMotor2 / ISI simulations
( rFactor, GTLegends and GTR2 )

Hello and welcome! I'm a fan of your work!

Hi Im Buddhika from Sri Lanka, a Top Gear addict :D

well i was here reading threads for long time, but only now thought to post something here.

Anyway im into cars, like anything with cars. Im a Mechanical engineering undergrad.

Good to see a site like final gear.

http://img41.imageshack.**/img41/2102/20962764.jpg

Is that ok?