INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

I've also been reading the site and the forums for a long time and finally decided to register. As you would imagine I'm huge fan of Top Gear and cars. I also do photography but my photographying seems to be very variable. Past years I haven't got the time I would have needed because of my studies and now I'm just being lazy.

I'm 19 years old and I live in northern Finland at home (for now). This July I start my military service of which I'm not that thrilled about... At least I have new TG episodes to watch when I get home for weekends. After my service next year I'll start my IT-studies at the University of Oulu (I gratuated from high scool this spring). Due to prices, insurance costs and my military service I don't have a car of my own. Let's see about that in the future.

Hi.

Yo guys, lurked here every so often. I registered cause I remembered some lads made their own challenge video in europe (I think?) so I came here to find it.

Anyways, hello! :D

I don't think I ever introduced myself, though I can't seem to shuttup on IRC. I am equiraptor. Many wonderful tidbits of information about me are easily found online, but here's a basic summary: I'm a computer nerd (*nix preferred) and I own a third gen MX-5 that I autocross/track/otherwise have fun with on a regular basis. I have been a horse nerd, band nerd, etc. as well, but it's mostly *nix and driving, these days.

Hey guys! I'm Paul and I'm 21. Unfortunately, I might be the 'black sheep' here as I actually don't yet have a license (they cost a s**tload of money to get, which I don't have right now). Happily though, I CAN drive a car, and am driving one (on closed tracks) when I get the chance. Our (our for now) car is the one in my avatar, an Oldsmobile Alero.

Hello and welcome!! Don't worry, the founder of this place doesn't have a license either!

So, hello everybody. I'm Andreas and I'm 26 until in 2 weeks when I turn 27. I've been visiting this site for ages now, I think it was the third or fourth Season of Top Gear which brought me here because as I live in Germany (the loveley south right in front of the Alps) I cannot watch it on the telly. I just finished my Masters study with a Master of engineering and at the moment I'm searching for a job in the automotive industry oder the medical industry. Both are (as you know at least in cars) very good and common here in the south of Germany.
At the moment I drive a Golf MK3. My first car to drive was that very Golf. After that I had a Fiat Punto (not as bad as I expected it to be but hopefully I will never ever own a Fiat again) but last year I sold it and bought a Macbook Pro from the money. That's why I came back to my first car, which was driven by my mother since then.
I registered now because I wanted to enter the Design contest for the new Final Gear T-Shirts but unfortunatly I was a little bit too late for it. So better luck next time. But now I cant't wait to see the final designs there.
When it comes to hobbies I really love Racing Games. So at the moment I'm desperate to finally get my hands on the new GT5 which comes with the Top Gear Test Track. But normally I prefer Forza to GT. One of my other hobbies is movies and home cinema. That's all I think for now.

Hello everyone, Im Steve, im 29 and i've been a fan of top gear for ever, first episode i saw i remember they we're testing the R34 Skyline and the Ferrari 575.... i forgot the name of the program till i saw the Polor special, i was done after that. promptly downloaded all the seasons i could and have been watching them soon as they became available. Now i found Final gear and i love the Timer, i love the link is there no more then a hour after the program has aired. Beautiful stuff indeed.

Hello all. Name's Tom.
I hail from Sharon, MA and I am an alc......wait. Wrong place.

G'day Boys,

My name is Tim, 27, and i'm from the land downunder, ive been reading all your thread for a while but finally decided to join, i love my top gear and cars and i'm into my racing simulator, which is in production atm, nice to catch up and see you all around.

Last edited:
Greetings all. Stumbled on this site and the forums while searching for aviation-related stuff. I haven't had a chance yet to check out all the forums and sub-forums, but a quick glance shows at least two or three I'd be interested in besides the aviation thread. Bit about me: Retired U.S. Navy (1967-1995), Computer Geek, Pilot. Read Write and Speak passable Italian and can order a beer and get my face slapped in German, French and Spanish. Currently drive a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic (Anniversary Edition), have a '79 Fiat 124 Spyder (Pininfarina, 1800, normally aspirated). Past cars include a succession of Fiat 124 series (Spyders and Coupes), a '67 Fiat Dino (Totally awesome automobile IMO), '71 Alfa Romeo Giuletta, '48 Jag 1.6 Litre Saloon and an assortment of nondescript Detroit Iron which shall remain un-named. Lived in Italy for 11 years (3 separate tours. and should explain the heavy emphasis on Italian cars), Been a lot of other places around the world, Politically Independant, but lean slightly conservative and right of center. Married and divorced twice, 2 grown sons and 3 grandsons. Currently own a small computer service and repair business in central Illinois, USA. Guess that will do for now. :)

Hi I am new to this forum so i'd like to introduce myself.I am Ann Hall and I am pleased to be part of this community from now. I have to say that this forum is full of priceless info. i hope to learn from and contribute to this forum.

Ahoy! I see that I shouldn't feel bad for having lurked here for news for years. And for the fantastic rips of shows ;) Either way I'm Ian. and I'm awesome soooo n'yah!

hi everyone... names Jeremy... been active on a bunch of other sites this looks like a great one to join

25 work as a engineer

enjoy wathcing f1 and wrc as well as top gear

look forward to being a part of this site

Hi guys, lurked here for years and just noticed this thread, better late than never.

27, work at an online brokerage, became obsessed with Top Gear thanks to Discovery, later Youtube, and finally FINALGEAR!

Developed my first iPhone app Instant Supercar in April, detects how fast your car is going, plays back actual recorded sounds of performance cars. Ambitious and totally silly. Thanked the TG team and Finalgear in the credits for the app.

3 Pedals are the only way to drive, even in NYC traffic.

Hi everyone,
I'm Steffen and I'm coming from Germany. I'm watching Top Gear since last Autumn and thanks to FinalGear I was able to watch every single episode since the start of the "new" Top Gear yet.
With the launch of this episode I finaly decided to register and comment on each upcoming episode.
I'm 17, still going to school and just got my driving license. So actualy I should be saying: My parents drive a 1970 Mercedes-Benz 280SL "Pagode", a 2000 Mercedes-Benz SL 280, a 2010 Mazda CX-9 and a 2007 Daihatsu Cuore, you might know as Charade.
In my spare time I design cars and convert 3d models to the racing game World Racing 2 where you can race on the TG Test-Track :D
Now I'm just going to wait until the torrent of the first episode is finaly released.

Hello all. Name's Tom.
I hail from Sharon, MA and I am an alc......wait. Wrong place.

sweet another masshole... you know i am starting to think we may just be the most represented state in the union