INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Hi there.
I'm Alex and from germany. I'm following Top Gear for a quite while. I'm also a silent reader in this forum for a while. But with the upcoming series I want to play a more active part in this forum.

Hello. I'm Vlad (from the United States), and I'm addicted to Top Gear. I first watched it during the Series 5 run, and have followed the show religiously ever since. Love all things cars (especially motorsports).

Name's Jim. I'm a college kid that like computers and Volvos.

Live in Connecticut (USA for the non-US people)
Studying computer networking/computer security.
Top Gear is my favorite show on TV. I like the US one too, so don't hate on it. :p

Oh, and I like laughing at Benz and BMW owners when they struggle to understand how they were just overtaken on the highway by a beat-up Volvo that sounds like a continuous crack of thunder.

Hey, it's Sebastian here! I prefer my username though, and most of my closer friends call me "Sel". Contrary to popular belief, I'm actually a male, and I'm a complete nerd. I'm completely obsessed with numbers and stats, but I also love just relaxing with games and jokes, one of the many reasons Top Gear is (one of) my favourite TV show(s). I like the Australian version, but mostly because it features Kenny (A.k.a. Shane Jacobson). The US version is pretty horrible in my opinion though.

I do own a Peel P50 Sport, although I can't actually drive it (Being 14 and all). No real inconvenience, as I dislike going outside anyway.

I live in Elizabeth South, which is just north of Adelaide, and I'm a complete sports fanatic, and will cheer for my state/country in anything, from AFL to Soccer to Chess to Ladies Shuffleboard. I spend most of my time on the internet on Kongregate, a games website (Although I'm mostly there for the forums), and on Whatpulse (A (non-malicious) program that tracks your computer usage and compares it to others), on which I (essentially) run the Kong team.

On a more personality-wise note, I've been diagnosed with MPD, OCD, ADHD, the lot really, and I want to know everything. I'm a very strict Grammar Nazi (I wear a schwa-sticker), and XKCD strikes very close to heart. I have intense over-competitiveness, and will never let a challenge die. Imagine Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory, except slightly more insane.

As you can tell from this post so far, I post text-walls quite often, and use brackets and commas way more than necessary. I won't rest until I get my point across, which often results in me looking at the time and realising it's next week.

Speaking of which, I guess I better wrap this post up.

Howdy!
Im down in the great state of Texas study Renewable Natural Resources at Texas A&M.
I currently own an 04 XTerra, 91 Range Rover, and a 67 Land Rover. I have been an avid fan of Top Gear since I discovered it 4 years ago. I cant waait for this next season, it really seems like they are back on track after season 13. I am still trying to give TG USA a chance, they are slowly figuring things out.

'Lo all. The name's Rob, Junior in High School, and I've been a fan of Top Gear for about 4 years now.

Lifelong Chicagoan, and new driver. Hoping to get a car before next new year (2012, not 2011). America being America, and especially in a big city, old bangers are quite easy to come by. Perhaps an old 300D, or a MkII-III Jetta/Golf, or a MkII Camry. New cars are just crazy, with their newfangled computer controlled this and that and the other thing. Although, I wouldn't say no to a new SLS!

I took a look at the clunker thread, and must say: Europe has NICE clunkers.

Anyways, nice forums, hope to speak with everyone at some time or another. Peace.

:santa: Yo, Ho-Ho! And :welcome: to FG.

Be nice and not naughty. :lol:

Hello one and all. We might have to get some crowd control happening soon :D

:welcome:

Please note the location of the FAQ and Forum Rules. A quick read of those will mean you are less likely to suffer. That could be an understatement, but might at least save you from some of the more irritating gaffes that will induce the ire of others. Well, most others anyway.

Not-a-dudes, for a pink username, go here.

For posting your cars, please read the rules first.

Also, don't forget the search function before posting or creating new threads. And please think before bumping really old threads! Necro-ing threads usually gets you nothing but red blobbies, aka rep.

We're somewhat normal-ish, mostly, on occasion. Please, have a cruise around and see the sights!

- ashspet

Hi, I'm from Croatia. I've been a fan of Top Gear for about 6 years now.

Every popular motoring and autosport show is 'must see' for me, same is with magazines and web stuff.

Too bad I didn't find out for this forum earlier.

I have just joined the forum and will attempt to introduce myself. I am retired (5 yrs.) after working for the same company for 42 years. I have been married for 45 years and in all of this time have traveled in 49 of the 50 states, coast to coast of Canada, a large part of Mexico, some Central America, England, Wales, and 10 countries in Europe along with Australia. I never get tired of seeing what's over the hill or around the curve. Nearly all of the travels have been by vehicle and a lot towing a travel trailer. I own a Toyota Sienna van, a Dodge Dually truck with 30' Fiver, a 2000 Honda Valkyrie and a 2004 Honda Shadow Aero. I love biking, especially in the Smokey Mtns. One commenter said that "The Dragon" had too many LEOs. I ride it a lot and there's a reason for LEOs. A number of people are killed on The Dragon each year, mostly from trying to set a world speed record on a 16' wide road with no shoulders, very few guardrails and two-way traffic. It's a great ride, car or bike, at the posted speed. Don't get me wrong, I love speed, but there is a place and time for it, The Dragon is not it. I look forward to reading and sharing on this forum.

Last edited:
Guess I'll post then, since I lurked on FG for more than a while now. (Mostly because I spend my time in the TG What's that song threads. :lol: )

My name's Ken, Kensuke, Kengami, etc, I'm currently a college student, but my hobbies relate to anything Automotive (Hence my craptacular XT6), Stories (Fanfictions, though I do have a penchant for books. Long ones.), and Photography.

I'm almost 20, and living in the rainy city of Seattle and Lakewood, and truth be told, I'm glad I hadn't whenever it did rain (Stopping suddenly on slick hills in Seattle will suck once in a while.)

That's all I kind of had in my mind.

I'm Nash, originally from Vancouver but currently working within Asia, particularly South-East Asia.

Love cars and british telly. i've been a driver for 4 years and also a casual go-kart racer.

hi2u
I'm here on the recommendation of a pal (Mitlov) from another forum
I'm in my 20s. Canada. Graduated from Engineering. Now I spend my days as an economic leech, skimming money from here and there without other people knowing, or caring.

See sig for cars:

Hello all! Wanted to join in on this forum. Names Andrew and I hail from Kansas. I've been an avid TG fan for years and I have been lurking on these forums for quite a while. To be honest, my tipping point was the fact that I couldn't see any post saying there was going to be a 1080 rip for 15x07 but I didn't wanna be a idiot and post where I should not have first so I figured I should say hi before I do anything.

I'm a massive Nissan fan. Have been since I was a kid.
Going to school to be a film student
I enjoy skateboarding as well.

hi everyone i am sripal 22 from india i am a great fan of Top gear, ever since it started in new format in 2002. i have watched each and every min of it, all seasons,
episodes, specials. everything that has top gear name on it. i grew up watching it.

And with that bombshell thank you.

Hi.

I've been a TopGear UK fan since we finally got it in the colonies, and was delighted to find this board.

hi everyone.

I'm Cori from romania.
i' ve been reading this forum for a while, but only recently i decided to join, so, nice to meet you all!

i'm really not a good english speeker, so i appologise from the start for the many sprlling and grammer mistakes that will come even if i will do my best.

hi everyone.

I'm Cori from romania.
i' ve been reading this forum for a while, but only recently i decided to join, so, nice to meet you all!

i'm really not a good english speeker, so i appologise from the start for the many sprlling and grammer mistakes that will come even if i will do my best.

Practicing on a forum like this for example is the best way to get better! But we value grammar highly here so don't take it personally if we jump on your mistakes :p

For example, "I" is always capitalized :p

Last edited: