INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

hello all!
My name is Azmi and I currently live in Leeds. I have a keen interest in this particular television program

Hi guys, i'm 27 years old, living in germany near munich. (got a 2-laned unlimited Autobahn right here :D)
Drove 11 different cars in 4 years (BMW E30, VW Golf 2, Jaguar XJ40 3.6, Audi A6 2.8 quattro, Ford Fiesta, Seat Marbella, Opel Astra Caravan, VW Passat 35i, etc...).

Right now im driving a VW Passat Variant BlueMotion Technoloy 2.0 TDI 103kW, model 2010.

After 4 years with my 17 years old Passat Variant 35i (which i converted to run with 100% plant oil) i thought this kind of car (passat, caravan, diesel, manual 6-speed) might be a very useful everday-car for me (i drive about 30.000 km / 18.750 miles a year), so i ordered a new one.

In top gear fantasy world i would have a Nissan GT-R and for daily drive a Jaaaaaag. ;)

Last edited:
:wave: hi everyone!

Hello, my name is Patrick. I am from Bridgeport, Connecticut, United States. I drive a 1995 Volkswagen Jetta. 2.0L, 5-speed.

022.jpg

Hello:
I'm Paulo from Portugal and I like this forum very much, because I like cars and I found here very interesting videos about cars.

Hello

Hello

Cool forum, I signed up because I want to post pictures and talk about my car, and get feed back.... but not to anyone I know because I don't want to sound like a douche.

Hello! I've been watching Top Gear (UK) for about two months now. Since this site has been such a good resource I figured I might as well join. I don't know much about cars, but I've definitely become more interested in them.

Hello!

I'm Rose. I'm a pre-law student and sometimes I get the impression I'm studying Mechanical Engineering instead of Law. Nice hobby though.

Also I consistently argue about Top Gear versions with my cousin due to her fondness of the American Version. We're probably lovely to listen to...

Sorry about the teal. Force of habit.

whats up everyone I'm mike, i just recently bought a 2004 ford focus svt and i love it. However, the clutch went the next day so i am now waiting for it to get done at the dealer being repaired!

Hello
I'm new here and I drive a Volvo 240 Estate, and I love it !

:D

Last edited:
:welcome: to FinalGear!

Welcome to 2012 and one of the nicest havens on the internet today! (Tomorrow may, of course, be a different matter :tease: )

Some simple things to help you get started. Please note the location of the FAQ and Forum Rules. A quick read of those will mean you are less likely to be set on fire, drawn, quartered, beaten up and set upon before you even get started. That could be an understatement, but might at least save you from some of the more irritating gaffes that will induce the ire of others. Well, most others anyway. Might also save you being banned :razz: Random posting and thread creating just to increase post counts will be :mad: upon.

If you're having issues with the forums (ie the message boards), and have read the FAQ, check here first. It may have already been reported. Issues with the site (FinalGear.com) go here. Don't confuse the two, or the man who-shall-not-be-named will get all cranky. And you won't like that. We probably won't either.

Not-a-dudes, for a pink username, go here. Be prepared, there are some lovely persons of the male persuasion who enjoy welcoming the new girls on the block. Posting your pic in here will also draw attention. So be prepared. Apparently some of the guys have never seen a girl before. :lmao:

To edit your profile, go here.

For posting your cars, please read the rules first. Claiming ownership of what isn't yours is punishable. By flogging and then death. Then exposure to sunlight or consecutive viewings of the Twilight and all the Police Academy movies. And eviction. And whatever else can be dreamt up. Be mindful, some people around here have way too much time on their hands, and do lots of dreaming up. :shock:

Also, don't forget the search function before posting or creating new threads. And please think before bumping really old threads! Necro-ing threads usually gets you nothing but red blobbies, aka rep. And no, don't ask about rep. Use the search function. Bitching about it may also get you into trouble.

There is an IRC channel. Put on some thick skin before you venture there first though. And armour. Maybe some mace too. It's dog eat n00b in there. But we can play nice. Sometimes. When we're asleep.

And if you have some spare change, you might like to treat yourself to an FG shirt or iPhone cover. They are most awesome. Or throw some coinage in the donation bin :D

- ashspet

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I am 21 years old and live in Germany, Aachen to be precise.
My Top Gear love started years ago. Fortunately my entire family only consists of petrol heads (mostly, just my sister isn't that much of a petrol head).

When I was 18, after I got my license, I got a 1998 Opel Astra Caravan from my parents. It's a great car for a college student- enough room for 4 people with luggage (or two if you know, that you have to sleep in the car).

Well, since my father bought a 2005 Ford Mustang in 2005 I was completely addicted to Mustangs. It took another year and our family grew a little more: My parents bought a 1967 Ford Mustang Convertible!
So back then we had two Mustangs in our family and I couldn't drive.

After I got my license my parents let me drive them once in a while. An amazing feeling! :)

Then: College! I had to move out! No Mustangs around... :-(
Well, I thought: Let's change that!

So I worked hard, saved enough money and bought myself an 1982 Mustang! Even though it only is a straight six, it's so much fun to drive!

Enough introduction,
Arne

Hello. 30 years old, live in Copenhagen, Denmark, been watching Top Gear for ages. I often drive different cars but due to our 180% taxes I'm feeling rather hesitant regarding buying one, since amazing amounts of money buys you, well, shit.

I made a post in the Top Gear Australia section nearly two days ago and it hasn't been approved yet.

Just asking about the Top Gear Turbo Challenge, does any moderator actually approve posts for the TG Australia section?

Sure I understand posts from new members have to be approved in case they are spam or stupid links or whatever, but 2 days seems a bit slow.

thanks

Last edited:
hey there

nah I was interested in if any other Aussies have seen this collector/trading cards for sale,

http://au.topgearturbo.com/

I know it's basically kids stuff but looks a bit of fun to collect the different cards.

haven't seen any for sale at any newsagents around where I live

thanks, no I made a post about the Top Gear Turbo Challenge:

au.topgearturbo.com/

I was wondering if any other Australian members collect these trading cards?
As I haven't seen any newsagents here that stock them

Good day!

I am from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I have watched every episode of the new Top Gear UK version. Absolutely love the show and look forward to more coming this month!

I own a 2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Commemorative Edition truck, a 2004 Neon SRT-4 that I converted to a landspeed racer that has ran 200 mph and is certified to go sub 10's in the 1/4 mile, and am almost finished building a 1929 Willys Whippet Coupe turned roadster with a turbocharged 2.4L mounted in the trunk driving the rear wheels. Look forward to joining this community!