INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Hi. I am new here. Huge TG fan and this site is amazing. Looking for the OLD TG seasons lead me here. Hello to everyone

Hi all,

I'm a PhD student studying Psychology at the University of Nottingham. I'm funded by the ESRC and the Scottish Government and we're all trying to find out more about how people interact with in-car technology (how often, which devices etc.) and their attitudes towards it.

We would greatly appreciate it if you would complete our questionnaire (link below). It should take around 15 minutes.

http://tinyurl.com/nottingham-driver-survey

Thank you for your time!

Elisha

Hi, I am Virgil.

I am 34 and live in Romania. I like watching Formula 1. I love Audi!

Hey guys! I'm Ryan. I live in Scotland. I'm 18 years old and unfortunately have not learned how to drive yet as I do not have the money to learn and buy a car. However I don't really need one right now anyway. Need to concentrate on getting a job first. Also, might be going to uni (my exams didn't go too well. Didn't try hard enough and I know I could have done A LOT better. but hey ho...) That's me in a wee nutshell.

I've lurked here for quite a while but decided to sign up tonight, mainly for discussing Top Gear, which is my favourite show on telly.

Happy to be here! =D

Thanks for the resource

Thanks for the resource

To Viper007Bond: Apologies for the first post and thanks for the resource!

Intro:
Material science grad student. Top gear fan...obviously.

Secret:
I've only really watched seasons 12 - 21. Never saw much of old top gear other than youtube clips.

Hi,

Been lurking here since TG UK Series 9. Today I have finally joined this great site.
I'm a middle-aged man who likes cars and making things. But not making cars.

Welcome to FG new peoples! :welcome:

Hi. I am new here. Huge TG fan and this site is amazing. Looking for the OLD TG seasons lead me here. Hello to everyone

All makes of car here including Smart and all sorts.
Here is our most recent survey - Top 25 Members' Cars/Motorcycles of Final Gear 2013 - Results!
(I should add this more oftern in the Welcome thread. :lol:)

Hi all,

I'm a PhD student studying Psychology at the University of Nottingham. I'm funded by the ESRC and the Scottish Government and we're all trying to find out more about how people interact with in-car technology (how often, which devices etc.) and their attitudes towards it.

We would greatly appreciate it if you would complete our questionnaire (link below). It should take around 15 minutes.

http://tinyurl.com/nottingham-driver-survey

Thank you for your time!

Elisha

Welcome and may I suggest you start a Thread in General Automotive for this survery, not many FG Members look at this thread very often.
I would think some members may want to contribute.
(See also Our Own Car Reviews Thread in General Automotive, which has FG Members describing the car interiors & in-car tech toys.)

Hi, I am Virgil.

I am 34 and live in Romania. I like watching Formula 1. I love Audi!

Lots of F1 fans here and some members from Romania too, you should feel at home. (See Formula1 Sub Forum for lots of Tech stuff & arguments!)

Hey guys! I'm Ryan. I live in Scotland. I'm 18 years old and unfortunately have not learned how to drive yet as I do not have the money to learn and buy a car. However I don't really need one right now anyway. Need to concentrate on getting a job first. Also, might be going to uni (my exams didn't go too well. Didn't try hard enough and I know I could have done A LOT better. but hey ho...) That's me in a wee nutshell.

I've lurked here for quite a while but decided to sign up tonight, mainly for discussing Top Gear, which is my favourite show on telly.

Happy to be here! =D

Not having a licence yet is no problem, there's not many members from the UK relatively, but there are a couple in Scotland.

To Viper007Bond: Apologies for the first post and thanks for the resource!

Intro:
Material science grad student. Top gear fan...obviously.

Secret:
I've only really watched seasons 12 - 21. Never saw much of old top gear other than youtube clips.

Not a Secret: Very few people have watched the 1980/90s Old Top Gear format, "Clarkson - the Early Years" & May a couple of times too. S1 of new TG had Jason and nobody watches that, but S2 -S11 are worth catching up as and when. (Opinions divided on which was the best.)

Hi,

Been lurking here since TG UK Series 9. Today I have finally joined this great site.
I'm a middle-aged man who likes cars and making things. But not making cars.

Lots of Aussies here too, so G'day & welcome!

:smile:

Hi, my name Aris from Indonesia. I'm 25 years old and Top Gear fan, this site is absolutely helping me to watch old series of Top Gear.

Hope to see Top Gear from the studio.

hi, my name is aaron weir. I live in Ontario, Canada.

I really enjoy top gear, but even moreso the videos put together by the smoking tire. I would love to have my car reviewed by matt.

this is my 1989 si. I've owned it since 1996. at the time I knew very little about cars. now I am a certified toolmaker and work for Vibrant Performance. over the years I have changed it more times than my underwear. currently it makes 477rwhp. I am in the process of adding aero and a dry sump system which should help me reach my 500rwhp goal.

227903_146468768757589_7677458_n.jpg

188216_167557296648736_886679_n.jpg

425717_420862824651514_2113270613_n.jpg

1004054_513404268730702_1255855432_n.jpg

954756_522806764457119_625897918_n.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtquixSr3Do

Mercedes 190E 4 cylinder (petrol) - engine problem - advice needed . . . please

Mercedes 190E 4 cylinder (petrol) - engine problem - advice needed . . . please

Hi Folks,

I do not know if this message will get through to the right place, but hopefully someone will be able to assist me.

I own a 1988 190E 4 cylinder (petrol) and have had a problem that seems to befuddle all who look at the car. The symptoms at first glance seem to be fuel delivery related but having spent much time and money replacing fuel delivery components the problem persists. So to the problem:

The car will travel perfectly if used for 5-8kms from start to stop - as long as the stop is for about 30 or so minutes. If I attempt to travel more than 8kms, or thereabouts (20 minutes in traffic) the car will begin the surge, back-fire, loose power and die. If left un-started for 30-45 minutes it will start again and behave normally for another 5-8kms and then develop the same decline in engine performance.

Thinking it was a fuel problem I replaced (and then drove the car to see if the problem was fixed) the following, in this sequence:

Fuel Filter
Fuel return, one-way valve (it was not functioning properly, although I doubted that the replacement would solve the problem)
Fuel Pressure Relief Valve - pricey piece of kit, at least here in Australia (over $350)

I removed the fuel tank and checked for debris/sediment. Clean as the day it was made.

I took it to a respected (general - not Mercedes) mechanic who was befuddled. He suggested taking it to the Mercedes dealership.

The car is otherwise in showroom condition, but now I cannot use it for anything other than a run to the local shops. Although in excellent condition the car is worth only about $3,000. I am hesitant in taking to the dealership mechanics as I know the bill will quickly become a shocker - $120+ per hour labour charges plus overpriced spares.

If anyone in your forum can give me a general steer in the right direction I would be GREATLY appreciative.

Please would you post this "plea for help" in the appropriate forum.

Many thanks,

Glenn

Glenn,

our Q&A section here might be more appropriate, and be seen by more people.

Weirtech

try the Post Your Car section (read the rules regarding proof of ownership)

And welcome all :D

Hello. My name is Lars-Erik and I'm from Norway. My daily is a '92 525i touring and I just added a 1988 535i to my collection :)

:welcome: All!

Hello. My name is Lars-Erik and I'm from Norway. My daily is a '92 525i touring and I just added a 1988 535i to my collection :)

I'd already ready your PYC thread, nice BMW by the way.

Anyways, you've been here as long as I have, you're just a slow poster! :p

Hello from finland.

My name is Jukka. I have been lurking for several years, and finally decided to introduce myself.

I'm interested in cars, rc-stuff, computers, top gear. My car history is currently rather empty, mainly because I have never actually owned a car. But I think I might be able to change that during this year.

Hello People

Its abobobilly from Pakistan. A HUGE Top Gear BBC fan. I could watch them 3 blokes (Clarkson, May & Hamster) babble all day and won't get tired :).

I accidentally found this site through our forums PakGamers, when I was looking for the Soundtrack of Latest Season 21. Have always wanted something like that, but could never find that ... until i was directed to this forum. Well, after lurking around for a few days, i finally decided to join the party :)

I hope to have a pleasant stay here.

Peace

Hello everyone, and greetings from Portugal!

My name is Duarte, i'm studying civil engineering and i'm a car lover. I've been following Top Gear for a few years now, and i'm a huge fan. FinalGear is an awesome site, it really helped me a lot so far. I've already watched the full series of TGAustralia and TG USA, and i'm currently watching Fifth Gear.
I guess that's all, i hope to have some good talks about cars here. Have fun :)

Hello folks...

I'm a huge fan of all things automotive so I thought I'd hop on here and see what's happening!!!

I'm a huge fan of classic cars so I'm forever on the hunt for something old and interesting.

All the best...

I am Top Gear America!

Great, I'm a Top Gear fan in America :cool:. I'm an Aussie expat currently living in New York, and admittedly carless and likely to stay that way while I'm here. I'll just have to live vicariously through TG and the FG users for now.