INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Hey guys and gals I'm new here on the forums, wanted to introduce myself.

Been a fan of the show since 2003(ish).

I am new to Final Gear and came across your forums while researching Jaguars to purchase. I have decided I am most interested in '93-'96 XJS coupe that I plan to give to my Mother for her birthday as she has always wanted one and my Father passed away earlier this year, so there are no more impediments for this to happen. She drove a Mercedes since they ordered their first 1977 300D from the factory which we drove around Europe for a month, then had a series of others until their 320 died and now she drives some little SUV import. I also have always liked Jags, though I prefer the styling of the coupe over the convertible, so selfishly, I will make the purchase for my Mom, keep both of us on the title, so when she is no longer able to drive(spunky @ 78), I will then take posession of it. I think that the 4.0 liter automatic would be best for her, though am intrigued about a manual transmission and the conversion kits available for them. Anyhow, great information from what I've seen, so I'm sure I will have additional questions/comments as I get further into my research. Thanks for being here...

Another newbie.

Crazy about E30 :p.
Need at least 2 roadtrips yearly, otherwise I might burst in flames :p.

Hello, I'm Robert and I watched TopGear (the Original) since Summer 2014, not very long, but I like, love and life TopGear. :) But, I have to be honest, the first TopGear I watched was TopGear USA (no, I'm not American, but German) a few months before I found TopGear (UK). And TopGear around Clarkson is much better then TopGear around Faust (and much much much much better then Evans-TopGear).

So, Hello. ;)

1984 Chevy

1984 Chevy

Hi I'm 19 years old and live in Phoenix, AZ I have a truck that I am having trouble with, trying to figure out what's wrong with it. Its a 1984 Chevy c10 with a 305 and has about 176,000 miles the problem I'm having with it is that, It will start only sometimes. It will start on the first try, but when I come back a couple of hours later it won't start, but if I crank it and wait a couple more hours it will start right up. I checked the spark plugs and there good, also replaced the air filter, fuel pump, the cap rotor are aftermarket and in good condition. Any info would really help Thank You

Perhaps try creating a thread in Q&A so more people will see it

No you are a bot, and a fucking annoying one at that.

Prove that you're not a bot.

Hello,

I'm the next newbie. I find your forum, searching for a little music part in this "James May's Cars of the People: Music Identification Thread" episode 2

And the I found many other interesting themes in this forum and want to stay for a while or longer ... I will see

sorry for my bad beginner english - it's my school english, and I can better read and understand than write and speak.

bye, Tjorven

Welcome Tjorven.

Oh and there is a Swiss guy here that I think you'll get on really well with. Regulars will know who I mean.

Oh great. Another spambot.

(Referring to now deleted post by aforementioned spambot)

Last edited:
Hello everybody! I thought I'd put a little post on here to introduce myself.
I'm Tom, 24 years old and from Berkshire in the U.K.
I've always been interested in cars along with my brother from being a young teenager. That experience of getting your first car and the feeling of freedom that comes along with it is awesome. Currently own a VW 6N2 GTI so nothing special, however, I love it to pieces and will find it very difficult to pass on when I finally get around to upgrading.

In addition to cars, aviation also plays a huge part in my life, which is where one of the topics on this forum comes in.
Some of you may be aware of James May and his Toy Stories programmes. Well if any of you guys saw the 2012 Christmas Special, Flight Club, which I'm sure some of you have, then you'll be interested to know that I was the pilot flying the Swallow glider from the chase helicopter.

So if any of you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them!

Hello everybody! I thought I'd put a little post on here to introduce myself.
I'm Tom, 24 years old and from Berkshire in the U.K.
I've always been interested in cars along with my brother from being a young teenager. That experience of getting your first car and the feeling of freedom that comes along with it is awesome. Currently own a VW 6N2 GTI so nothing special, however, I love it to pieces and will find it very difficult to pass on when I finally get around to upgrading.

In addition to cars, aviation also plays a huge part in my life, which is where one of the topics on this forum comes in.
Some of you may be aware of James May and his Toy Stories programmes. Well if any of you guys saw the 2012 Christmas Special, Flight Club, which I'm sure some of you have, then you'll be interested to know that I was the pilot flying the Swallow glider from the chase helicopter.

Firstly, :welcome: to the FG Forums!

If you haven't found them already, the The Flight Club Thread is in the TG Host Shows Forum and the Aviation Thread is in "Off Topic" Forum.

So if any of you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them!

The Swallow glider was flown by a GPS unit, wasn't it? :?

Thanks for the welcome. I have had a little breeze through some of the topics. I have also tried to put some posts down but it seems some of my replies/comments aren't being posted which is annoying.

The Swallow glider was flown by a GPS unit, wasn't it? :?

There was a little discussion in The Flight Club topic about this. There was some very clever editing on the actual programme, but as discussed, the 'autopilot' was actually more of a stability and guidance unit which still required to be connected and controlled by a transmitter which I had. It was very temperamental too and we didn't have any time to test it at all, believe or not the first day when the glider ended up in the sea, was actually the first time I'd engaged the system in the air, and in this instance it was programmed to fly back to the rugby field at Ilfracombe for some reason, so I had to fly that entire flight manually!

The second day when the weather was much nicer worked out better, I engaged the system and it did seem to hold a relatively steady course to the Isle of Lundy, however, once reaching I had to fly the glider manually again as we actually arrived with more altitude than anticipated so I flew it around the island to get some absolutely stunning aerial footage (which I could see in front of me on the screens in the chase heli) followed by actually landing the glider myself on the island.

^
I read your comments in the Flight Club Thread, thanks! :cool:

Thanks for the welcome. I have had a little breeze through some of the topics. I have also tried to put some posts down but it seems some of my replies/comments aren't being posted which is annoying.

Ah, yeah I perhaps should have mentioned some of the anti-spambot restrictions on new FG members.

I think you need to post about five Text only posts, before you are allowed to attach any images.

Also, private messaging is is disabled until you show that you are not an ass-hat. :p

The NSFW Forum has a post count minimum and you must be over 18 years old, before you are able to get access.

There may be a few others, which I can't currently recall. :rolleyes:

Okay, thanks.
I tried attaching some links to some of my pictures from the production, thought people on there would be interested to see them. Will probably have to try again at some point.

Please do. I think there will be plenty of people keen to seem them.

And of course, welcome.