Invitation to Finalgear Music League

@DaBoom that I don't like most of what you post does not mean I don't care. I enjoy your unique and very off the beaten path taste even if don't share it.
As If I'd be worried about what other people think of the music I listen. I have a few friends that understand parts of my musical taste, but most of the time I'm on my own as music goes. So, as I've mentioned before, I see this league as an opportunity to "force" few people to listen to what I like. And if even one person likes what I'm putting up, it's a win for me.

Last edited:
Yeah it's a good way to discover new music, even if that's discovering new music you don't like. :p

Man, I totally forgot about TG What's That Song? lists. Found some great stuff through those. Half the reason I'm an utter pirate was to get the original musical edit!

I don't think any of those would've beaten out H.Y.C.Y.BH., though. Blame Dave for that earworm, hahahaha.

Also, be grateful I didn't go with a MUCH more irritating pick, haha. Apparently I wasn't the only one who thought of "things drunk campers sing at Ringmeets" as a possibility here, hahahahahahahahaha. Discards updated, RIP your ears on one of those, there be dragons. (Good electronic jams via Adrian on the Taycan top speed run, Seeed and tractor song via Chris, Muse h/t Dave, and...Ringmeet Sommerfest Migraine 2021.)

I'm also kind of kicking myself for not realizing Moog was THAT Moog.

Last edited:
I did quite well, which was a pleasant change. (Expecting a return to mediocrity in the last round).

I'll get to the roundup shortly, I'm just doing actual work on a different computer to the one the template is on.

ROUND ELEVEN RESULTS

Position
Player
Title & Artist
1st​
Raparperi​
West End Girls – Pet Shop Boys​
21​
19​
2nd​
Adrian​
Nightcall – Kavinsky​
20​
17​
3rd​
Galantti​
Jessica – Allman Brothers Band​
19​
20​
4th​
Blind_Io​
Night Drive – Brother Firetribe​
19​
20​
5th​
Eizbaer​
Sinnerman – Felix Da Housecat, Nina Simone​
18​
14​
6th​
Kalf​
Strangers – Kenya Grace​
17​
17​
7th​
Misrabelle​
Monument (TIE Version) – Röyksopp, Robyn​
17​
14​
8th​
Leviathan​
Chasing Midnight (feat Erin Renee) – Moog, Erin Renee​
16​
16​
9th​
Dr_Grip​
The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald – Gordon Lightfoot​
16​
15​
10th​
Inspirazioni​
Saltwater – Chicane, Moya Brennan​
14​
15​
11th​
Kenny​
Running in the Night – FM-84, Ollie Wride​
14​
18​
12th​
Andeh​
Ghosts – Ladytron​
14​
14​
13th​
DanRoM​
The Hounds – The Protomen​
13​
14​
14th​
Davetouch​
Metrocenter 84 – Sunset Neon​
13​
14​
15th​
Harish​
Might Love Myself – Beartooth​
11​
14​
16th​
RdKetchup​
Giorgio by Moroder – Daft Punk​
9​
20​
17th​
CraigB​
So'ne Musik – Deichkind​
9​
16​
18th​
Ninjacoco​
H.Y.C.Y.BH – Tom Cardy​
7​
18​
19th​
Tram​
International Harvester – Craig Morgan​
3​
18​
20th​
Son-of-Redliner​
Rei do Cemitério – Gangrena Gasosa​
1​
17​
21st​
93Flareside​
Bedlam Sticks – Diablo Swing Orchestra​
1​
15​
22nd​
Anesthesia​
Erika – Grosses Blasorchester​
-2​
15​
23rd​
Matt2000​
Airwaves (2009 Remaster) – Thomas Dalby​
-2​
10​
24th​
DaBoom​
...And I Return to Nothingness – Lorna Shore​
-3​
19​
25th​
RickHamilton​
Xanny Family – Future​
-15​
18​

Leaderboard
Kalf​
144​
DanRoM​
135​
Raparperi​
133​
Davetouch​
129​
Matt2000​
129​
Blind_Io​
120​
Galantti​
119​
Eizbaer​
104​
CraigB​
96​
Harish​
88​
Anesthesia​
84​
Leviathan​
81​
Dr_Grip​
73​
Misrabelle​
63​
Inspirazioni​
61​
93Flareside​
61​
RdKetchup​
58​
Andeh​
58​
Ninjacoco​
54​
Adrian​
52​
Tram​
49​
Kenny​
40​
Son_of_Redliner​
-3​
RickHamilton​
-13​
DaBoom​
-20​

So... the final round for this season is now open for submissions! Songs that mention cars.

For the second half of the league I've definitely been exploring the whole results list, finding out what you guys will and won't tolerate as a whole. :LOL:

I didn't expect Dolby to do quite so badly but he is pretty niche.

I didn't expect Dolby to do quite so badly but he is pretty niche.
Must confess Dolby doing so badly really surprised me... especially giving the huge amount of votes for younger synth titles...

Now it isn't in the list, I'll say that what I really wanted to submit for this round was Rusty Chevrolet by Da Yoopers. I didn't for two reasons - the versions on Spotify are no patch on the version below and the timing doesn't work with it being a Christmas song. Probably would've been downvoted anyway, but I thought it should be highlighted.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeZ0BUc3kMw

Last edited:
I have a bunch of further off-beat shit in the discard pile once the round is over...

Now it isn't in the list, I'll say that what I really wanted to submit for this round was Rusty Chevrolet by Da Yoopers. I didn't for two reasons - the versions on Spotify are no patch on the version below and the timing doesn't work with it being a Christmas song. Probably would've been downvoted anyway, but I thought it should be highlighted.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeZ0BUc3kMw
Da Yoopers! Haha. I hate Christmas music and that's still a damn classic.

Probably one of our greatest thrift store finds was someone's complete cassette collection, still in the carrying case, complete with a whole lot of Da Yoopers.

We have a serious lack of decent thrift stores here. The charity shops I've been in never have anything like cassettes, let alone the old tech that people find. I'm still proud of the bagpipes CD I got in my first Discovery though...

We have a serious lack of decent thrift stores here. The charity shops I've been in never have anything like cassettes, let alone the old tech that people find. I'm still proud of the bagpipes CD I got in my first Discovery though...
If you find any Puffalumps, though...LMK. (I rarely find 'lumps.)

Were 'lumps ever a thing outside the USA? I never remember seeing them in stores as a kid.

I don't remember them either and if it wasn't for 'Coco, I never would have known they existed.

Were 'lumps ever a thing outside the USA? I never remember seeing them in stores as a kid.
Yes! I know they were at least in Europe and Canada. I've gotten some interesting Puffalump things we didn't get here from overseas and up north. I have a book in French, a few birthday pins, and of course, a couple Canadian-market Enchanted Puffalumps, too.

Here's a British ad:
puff-brit-ad.png

The British sticker book I'd love to find:
puffsticker1.png

puffsticker10.png

puffsticker11.png

(I know there's a U.S. distributor listed, but I've never seen this here!)

And a German ad!:

28161585_10213576925728907_5087708841629009142_o.jpg

Just think: @thomas could have had Puffalumps. Hahahahahahaha. I don't know if the Enchanted Puffalumps (the ponies) ever made it over, though! I've only ever seen them from Canadian sellers online.

Speaking of which, here's the dual-language packaging for the Canadian Enchanted Puffalumps:
pufficorn.JPG

IDK why the forums didn't want me to submit this as one post, but I love 'lump. :bunny:

(This has been Stef's big digression into international-market Puffalumps. I should write a Puffalump book.)