• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Invitation to Finalgear Music League

It's really good. Now the only part that annoys me is the start. Can anyone name a car that starts like a modern V8 but revs like an old muscle car? Maybe a 90s Mustang with holes in the exhaust?

Shame you guys didn't like my KLF song, Justified and Ancient is a better song but this is the one I really like. The video may make it better or worse. Maybe gave myself away with the British song, @DanRoM picked up on it at least. :LOL:

Sounds like a gear reduction starter to me. Could be fitted to nearly any old V8.

Heh, I had to switch away from my first thought for this round because I figured a cover needed to be of a different band than the one who originally recorded it. This is fun as hell, though. The song that asks, "What if Goth Night moved to Pete's Dueling Piano Bar?"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=Xkm1_NO-1IU

Shame you guys didn't like my KLF song, Justified and Ancient is a better song but this is the one I really like. The video may make it better or worse. Maybe gave myself away with the British song, @DanRoM picked up on it at least. :LOL:
Huge KLF fan, I just felt a novelty song to be a "wasteful" pick for the anything goes round. But the video is ace. And Ford Timelord also appears in Who Killed the KLF?

If anyone is having trouble posting for this particular round, I found an entire ALBUM that fits lol
Ska Chartbusters!

Sounds like a gear reduction starter to me. Could be fitted to nearly any old V8.
Got one on Lucille!

Also as usual Discard Pile has been updated. As to be expected for Free Parking, quite a lot of songs from quite a range of artists. Hope some of you enjoy it!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlEOsXG619w
The video is too good/weird to waste this is an audio only League pick.
The cover version can be seen as a cynical populist tactic by artists lacking in originality, a gesture of contempt or as a respectful example of good taste and seriousness.
Laibach's open rejection of originality makes the first view irrelevant and the new originals are too ambivalent to be either entirely contemptuous or totally respectful. A Laibachised song is sometimes more kitsch, sometimes more serious and sometimes more emotional than the "old original" it is based on. Laibachisation re- and de-animates a song, reviving it for long enough to dispatch it again.

ROUND SEVEN RESULTS

1st​
Eizbaer​
Days of Thunder – The Midnight​
26​
20​
2nd​
Harish​
Spoonman – Soundgarden​
23​
17​
3rd​
Leviathan​
Neo-Tokyo (Dance With The Dead Remix) – Scandroid, Dance With The Dead​
19​
17​
4th​
Ninjacoco​
Destroy Everything You Touch – Ladytron​
17​
13​
5th​
RickHamilton​
We Need More Bricks – Neck Deep​
13​
13​
6th​
DanRoM​
New Places – Leo in the Lioncage​
13​
10​
7th​
Dr_Grip​
The Knife – Royal Thunder​
12​
15​
8th​
Davetouch​
Ares – Winters Island​
12​
15​
9th​
deh Andeh​
Sexy Boy – Air​
10​
17​
10th​
Redliner​
...And Then I Noticed That She Was a Gargoyle – NanowaR of Steel​
10​
18​
11th​
Raparperi​
Peaches – The Presidents of The United States of America​
9​
20​
12th​
Blind_Io​
Listen – Christone “Kingfish” Ingram​
9​
12​
13th​
Galantti​
You’re a Woman – Bad Boys Blue​
8​
14​
14th​
RdKetchup​
Bloodbath (feat. Chino Moreno) – Polyphia, Chino Moreno​
8​
14​
15th​
Misrabelle​
Passenger – Deftones (feat. Maynard James Keenan)​
8​
14​
16th​
Inspirazioni​
The Redeemed – Memphis May Fire​
7​
19​
17th​
93Flareside​
Sommarfågel – Wintergatan​
7​
8​
18th​
Anesthesia​
Stand Up and Fight – Turisas​
6​
12​
19th​
Kenny​
Svag – Victor Leksell​
6​
12​
20th​
Kalf​
Bad Life (acoustic) – Sigrid, Bring Me The Horizon​
3​
15​
21st​
Adrian​
Nattens Sønnere – Klovner I Kamp​
0​
17​
22nd​
CraigB​
River of Deceit – Mad Season​
-1​
12​
23rd​
Matt2000​
Doctorin’ The Tardis – The Timelords​
-2​
14​
24th​
DaBoom​
Arsalein – Corpo-Mente​
-7​
16​
25th​
Tram​
I Sat by the Ocean – Queens of the Stone Age​
((24))​
17​

Tram missed the voting deadline, and therefore his points will not count towards the leaderboard. He would have finished second this round.

Leaderboard
DanRoM​
109​
Galantti​
78​
Matt2000​
73​
Anesthesia​
71​
Kalf​
68​
Davetouch​
67​
Raparperi​
66​
Blind_Io​
65​
CraigB​
55​
Dr_Grip​
53​
Eizbaer​
53​
Tram​
42​
Misrabelle​
41​
Harish​
38​
Leviathan​
34​
Inspirazioni​
33​
93Flareside​
27​
RdKetchup​
22​
Adrian​
21​
Ninjacoco​
18​
Andeh​
17​
Kenny​
15​
Redliner​
10​
RickHamilton​
6​
DaBoom​
-6​

Ha, you can tell which albums/artists I was waffling over in my discard pile for this round. "Pick whatever" was surprisingly kinda hard. "What about this one? Oh, but there's also this one from them. HMM." Updated.

Also as usual Discard Pile has been updated. As to be expected for Free Parking, quite a lot of songs from quite a range of artists. Hope some of you enjoy it!
Mara...Balls?

Coco approves. (Fun song, too.)

Shame you guys didn't like my KLF song, Justified and Ancient is a better song but this is the one I really like. The video may make it better or worse. Maybe gave myself away with the British song, @DanRoM picked up on it at least.

Welp, that reinforced my snap judgement of "wow, this is aggressively British," haha. The video is kinda funny, though. My verdict is "made it better" even though I still loathe that "duh-duh-duhhhh duhhhhh HEY!" sample with a burning passion. My gym teacher in elementary school loved playing that corny "Jock Jams" compilation CD while we did whatever it was inside the gym. I got tired of the cheesier tracks on it preeeeeeetty quickly.

Last edited:
@ninjacoco I would not have put you down as a future pop/EBM person! Very interesting picks!

I wonder how many of us were fighting over that Lorde song, it was my first choice and had been nabbed by one of the first people.

I'm not really keeping a discarded list, but my discarded choices for this round were Carpenter Brut - Maniac and Paint It Black (Epic Trailer Version) · Hidden Citizens. I changed from Carpenter Brut at the last minute (literally it seems) as I had used one of their songs before. The music on this version seems a bit distorted too, the live version doesn't but it's the same damn album as my live choice!

I really wanted to submit the Devo‘s Satisfaction song. I didn’t because I didn’t want it to be „oh, hi Chris.“ 😀

The last round made me rediscover Memphis May Fire, it's been pretty much all I've been listening to the last couple of days. But this playlist looks promising too.

I'm proud of everyone (almost everyone) for not doing obvious ones this round. I had an obvious cover choice but decided to go with something off the wall and funnier. The obvious cover (that I didnt post) was:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLV4_xaYynY

I really wanted to submit the Devo‘s Satisfaction song. I didn’t because I didn’t want it to be „oh, hi Chris.“ 😀
But that's a great song!

So glad that round is over. If you can't tell from both my comments and submission to the round, I really don't like cover songs. :mrgreen:

Sad to see that the Lorde cover didn't do very well, that was my original first choice. I only remembered Mad World at the last minute but apparently that was a good thing!

No it wasn't! :D

I don't keep a discard pile, but for the cover round, I have to give you the one I didn't submit because I thought it would be too much of a worn-out inside joke. I was probably wrong about that and got punished for it. To clarify: I am not treating this as a competition, and am still puzzled how I ended up so far up.

YouTube because the video improves it even further:

View: https://youtu.be/TgMKoQxyWtk

Last edited:
Sad to see that the Lorde cover didn't do very well, that was my original first choice. I only remembered Mad World at the last minute but apparently that was a good thing!
I was planning on picking Mad World, but the Pentatonix cover from the start until a couple of Tommy Vext songs popped up in a Spotify playlist and I choose one of those. :ROFLMAO:

But reading the comments made me glad I choose this one :) .