IP Blocking now in effect

We blocked just that IP range, not countries. He was just listing the countries that those IP ranges are used in.

If you're in China but not using a 117.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address, you'll be able to connect just fine.

hmm.. lets see, most of the time my ip starts with 117.. :lol:

Following countries are 100% blocked for 24 hours due to abuse:
Korea, China, Hong-Kong, Taiwan, India, Indonesia

D-Fence !

Quiky is protecting the castle. :thumbsup:

DOS attacks. ...

What a buch of C**TS.

I always want to deny their service - permantly, where is Inspector Callaghan when you need him? ....

hello there, i'm crevlthe and i'm new to the forums (not top gear, though. love it here)

i live in Hong Kong, having moved from australia with my family, and i was wondering why i could not access finalgear (great website, btw) after various attempts. having failed, i got my friend to try the website (in australia) and to my surprise, it worked. i was utterly confused, but then again didn't want to call my provider. that was until i tried to go through a proxy when i found this post. i used to be able to get onto final gear (a week ago) (it would load really slowly) until yesterday when the website stopped responding to my browser.

is there a way you could solve this problem? i love Top Gear and the informative What's the Song sections of episodes. i know it is a problem as i'm in the area you blocked (unluckily) to stop people from fooling around with your site.

anyway, the provider i use is Netvigator, and usually the external ip ranges from 200.***.***.*** to around 255.***.***.***

thanks again for reading my post, and i hope i can get back on the website freely again :D

crevlthe

p.s. thanks again, great website, great forums. can't wait for season 12.

I thought I was banned for a minute and I never thought people in HK would do this sort of thing, most of their bidding is shoved over to China.

(Currently in HK)

If you live in Hk, why does your location say Australia? :p

Effective Immediately, the ip range 117.0.0.0-117.255.255.255 is now BLOCKED.

Following countries affected:
China, Thailand, Pakistan, Vietnam.

A few other countries may be affected (Dialup providers in Australia use a few small blocks in that range, but none of the current members use them)- so if your ISP is included, please let us know so we can add an exclusion to the block.

OK I live in Pakistan... so can you unblock my ip please? I so don't wanna be banned .....:?

It's been removed as of a week ago, but we will see how things go. If we keep getting thrashed, then the blocks will be reactivated.

that would be why when I was in singapore last week I couldn't get the download working????

hmmmmm

that would be why when I was in singapore last week I couldn't get the download working????

hmmmmm
The blocking was only for the site/forums. Downloads were unaffected.