iPad1/2

TuneIn, fantastic app - worth buying for $1 to support the devs

I got the first-gen 32GB WiFi for $399 on clearance...now the 64GB version is the same price :(

I have Puzzle Quest 2 and I think it's superb. A good time waster and great RPG game.

Took the plunge and bought PQ2, not disappointed. :D

Also if you use lots of RSS you might want to look into Pulp.

Took the plunge and finally got an iPad- 2nd gen 32gb wifi only in black. Funny, the colour and the generation are the only things that stayed as per the plan there- I originally wanted a 16gb wifi+3G!!!!! :lol: oh well, it was get this now and be happy or wait ages for stores to get stock in. Pretty sure I got the last iPad in my area for a while to come!!!!
Already have a smart cover (the red one) and a wireless keyboard (for work and uni) for it, plan is to get more accessories tomorrow when I'm not at the shops post closing time. Current items on the list are a stylus (for scribbling notes at work/uni again) and a 3G wifi hotspot to make up for the lack of 3G inbuilt (it's cheaper this way too), any other suggestions???

Ps- apologies for any typos, still getting used to the big on-screen keyboard- it is awesome!!!! :D

I'm now thinking about maybe getting an iPad 2 instead of the planned Honeycomb tablet in the next few days. So far, it seems there are apps to do all things I want my tablet to do, and most of them seem fairly good; however, video playback is one thing I'm not quite sure about.

I watch a lot of series (including Top Gear, of course), and that would be one of the main things I intend to use the tablet for. As far as I get it, I would have to transcode the videos into iPad-compatible format and sync them manually, or stream them over wi-fi (which I would actually prefer, since syncing videos requires a lot of space, and I only plan on getting the 16GB version). Is there a hassle-free (or at least not too hassle-heavy) way of doing either of those? I already have a PS3 Media Server running on the network, which streams stuff over to a PS3, but also is a popular general-purpose DLNA server; is there a good client/player app that works with it?

Air Video can both stream your videos from your computer, and in-app you can give your computer a command to encode a video into a iPad compatible format by the touch of a single button.

Right, after some thinking on the matter I went with the iPad... 16GB was out of stock everywhere, so I got me a little discount on a 32GB model with a smart cover.

Air Video can both stream your videos from your computer, and in-app you can give your computer a command to encode a video into a iPad compatible format by the touch of a single button.
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. There even is a Linux server for it, albeit in beta, but it works on my homeserver just fine.

I use TIOD to open stuff off my smb, has a basic video player that seems to work

Any recommendations for a cheap case?

For those of us that download a lot of videos Air Video is great. Nothing like sitting on my deck watching MotoGP races.

Infinity Blade is a good game to buy (pricey at $5.99) but it keeps me occupied.

Having an issue with the mute switch. I've set it to lock orientation instead in settings, but whenever I engage it it mutes as well as locking the orientation.....

You have jailbroken it, right? Are you sure it's not a feature rather than a bug? :mrgreen:

Its a hell of a feature...

I've had that problem too. Changing the settings back and forth for the switch has solved it (unmuting the speakers while its set to mute the speakers, then set it back to lock the screen).

Hmm, still no luck.