iPhone 4S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lekky

Do you feel lekky, punk?
Car(s)
06' Suzuki Swift
No one else has made it yet so I thought I may as well.

The next iPhone has just been announced by Apple at their latest event.
It will be called the iPhone 4S and basically be nearly identical iPhone 4 with upgraded internals.

apple-iphone-20111004012144348-000.jpg

Some of the notable new features are:

A dual core A5 processor which Apple says will provide 2x performance and 7x faster graphics processing speeds
A new 8 mega-pixel sensor which is capable of 1080p recording at 30fps. It will also be able to get a 60% higher resolution shot than the previous iPhone 4 camera
Siri - Basically voice activation and integration but on a higher level
The iOS 5
iCloud
2 internal antennas

"iPhone 4S will be priced at $199, $299 and $399 in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB variations. Pre-orders begin on October 7, and will be released on October 14"

Links:
IGN's coverage:
http://au.gear.ign.com/articles/119/1198142p1.html

Apple's website:
http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Opinions?

Last edited:

Icy J

Car(s)
BMW F22 220i
I like, because my 3GS needs replacing. Pretty sure all the 4 owners (especially white model ones) aren't so happy.

Dino

aka Dins
DteY4.png

It's a very good phone, but I still like my SGSII.
Ok, done with that topic.

killpanda

wants to fondle your manboobs
It's a nice evolutionary update, not the revolution that rumors announced and that people were expecting because of said rumors.
It's the 3GS of the iPhone 4 line, and there's nothing wrong with that. The design is still good and no other phone has a screen of that size with a similar resolution yet.

I'm going to try and snatch one in Hong Kong when they become available, that'll be a nice replacement for my Nexus One which is starting to become a bit boring.

Icy J

Car(s)
BMW F22 220i
It's a nice evolutionary update, not the revolution that rumors announced and that people were expecting because of said rumors.
It's the 3GS of the iPhone 4 line, and there's nothing wrong with that. The design is still good and no other phone has a screen of that size with a similar resolution yet.

I'm going to try and snatch one in Hong Kong when they become available, that'll be a nice replacement for my Nexus One which is starting to become a bit boring.

No release date for HK yet...hoping the 64GB model won't be too expensive, I really need the extra storage space...

Firecat

Politically Charged
I'd like to know when the iPhone 5 will come out. I'd upgrade my 4 to the 4S depending on the answer to that...or if for some reason I decide to switch carriers or I damage my phone.

killpanda

wants to fondle your manboobs
Well, they do one iteration per year, so the next one would most likely be release by end of 2012. Could also be mid 2012 (WWDC).

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
'03 Audi Allroad
So defiantly upgrading. I never liked my Blackberry Pearl. Whoever thought it was a good idea to have two letters on 12 of the 14 keys(the other two have one letter) that have letters on them needs to be shot. And the blackberry email support sucks with Exchange, duplicate emails at different times. You can't fix that unless you spend two hours on the phone with RIM.

Plus, being able to talk to my phone will make me feel less alone.

Buba

Wants Rick Astley's Babies
Car(s)
BMW M235i
I already got the preorder thing from t-mobile germany, and was always planning on getting what ever model they come out with this year... My 3GS has suffered a bit in the battery department recently... Its just the most used thing I own. If the iPhone 5 will be revolutionary, I'll simply get that as well. I don't care what it costs...
Plus: I lost my 3GS on the Oktoberfest last weekend... I got no choice now anyway...

ahpadt

Forum Addict
I can sorta afford it and sorta want it, but at the same time I don't need a new phone. :p

MadCow809

Forum Addict
Got my eyes set on the Samsung Galaxy Note. So yeah, IMO it will kind of render this little iPhone4S useless.

Big screen ftw!

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
No point in a 4S for me, more power is nice and all but I'm not exactly hurting for power in the 4. I will wait for the LTE one and jump networks to VZ because my biggest issue is ATT's 3G service being slow as hell in Manhattan (where I spend most of my time).

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
No point in a 4S for me, more power is nice and all but I'm not exactly hurting for power in the 4. I will wait for the LTE one and jump networks to VZ because my biggest issue is ATT's 3G service being slow as hell in Manhattan (where I spend most of my time).

I would at least consider Sprint due to it simply being much cheaper than Verizon and also an option for iPhone now. I haven't used it in Manhattan other than driving along I-95 so I'm not sure about signal and speed, I can at least say that it didn't drop....

Clockwerk

Forum Addict
I'll wait out the initial rush and replace my 3GS in about a month. The 4S was enough of an upgrade over the 4 to maintain my loyalty.

Lekky

Do you feel lekky, punk?
Car(s)
06' Suzuki Swift
I'm personally seeing it as an iPhone 4.5 and I think if Apple really wants to keep dominating the smartphone market they should have made it the iPhone 5.
Not that it is a bad looking phone but it would have been nice to see a few more frills or a change in design.

Even if they had called this the iPhone 5 people would still be more accepting of it.

But I am thinking of upgrading to it from my my quite hopeless LG KP500.

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
I would at least consider Sprint due to it simply being much cheaper than Verizon and also an option for iPhone now. I haven't used it in Manhattan other than driving along I-95 so I'm not sure about signal and speed, I can at least say that it didn't drop....
I had Sprint as my first carrier, it sucked ass. It's fine in the city but when I was upstate in school it was beyond useless. VZ on the other hand I never had a problem with even on Bear Mountain where my ATT service was not working.

You basically get what you pay for...
I'm personally seeing it as an iPhone 4.5 and I think if Apple really wants to keep dominating the smartphone market they should have made it the iPhone 5.
Not that it is a bad looking phone but it would have been nice to see a few more frills or a change in design.
Why? There is plenty of power available on tap and the design is nice and clean. They did it with the 3Gs, it makes perfect sense to do it with the 4. The 5 will be LTE phone that is likely happening next year. I seriously doubt their market position will be affected by it being a 4s vs a 5 in any way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.