iphone gps/map help

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Is there a gps app for the iphone that lets you customize your route? That is, have the functionality of Google Maps (on the computer) that lets you select multiple waypoints? I need something like this to map out custom routes where I want to take specific small sideroads whenever I'm out for a drive.

I have the navigon software on my iPhone and not sure if it does exactly what you need, but it does suggest options for your route that you can choose from (different ways of getting there, time, distance etc). Or you can customize a route based on several stops etc....

I have iGo and it lets you place way points in your route if that's what you mean... It costs like 100$ I think but my iPhone is jailbroken so it was free for me :)

Google Maps has a navigation mode on Android but I'm guessing this is not the case on iPhone?

Google Maps has a navigation mode on Android but I'm guessing this is not the case on iPhone?

Even on Android, it does not let you customize your route. You can choose alternate routes, but you cannot force to use waypoints...

I've been able to map out a route with specific waypoints in google maps and email that to my phone. There were a few times where the phone wouldn't map the route correctly, but it works for the majority of the time.

I've always wanted a navigation app that will remember where I actually went. For instance, if I went on a walk through the woods, I want the phone to give me a map of the trail I walked.

I've always wanted a navigation app that will remember where I actually went. For instance, if I went on a walk through the woods, I want the phone to give me a map of the trail I walked.

This isn't necessarily helpful for Lev, sorry no advice there, but as for Paco's desires, I have an app called runtastic that will do exactly that (and more).

I remember trailguru used to do that, haven't used it since a few months. But do look it up.

I've been able to map out a route with specific waypoints in google maps and email that to my phone. There were a few times where the phone wouldn't map the route correctly, but it works for the majority of the time.

Runkeeper.