iPhone / iOS Thread

marcos_eirik

Car(s)
Mostly my feet, occasionally a Tesla
I also found out that if you use the Apple Watch to force lock the iPhone again after unlocking it with the watch, you have to reboot the phone and the watch in order for unlock with Apple Watch to work again. Dont know if it's a bug or a safety measure.

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Supposed to be an update soon, as 14.5.1 has a negative effect on battery life

marcos_eirik

Car(s)
Mostly my feet, occasionally a Tesla
Please don't be wrong about this... Please, just please... :| He has a great track record when it comes to getting right actual products, just not their announcement/launch dates, so here's hoping.

Also, the iPad mini hasn't really received a visual update since it's launch in 2012, that's nine years. I know that it did eventually get a laminated display, Touch ID, and support for the Apple Pencil, but those didn't noticeably change the physical appearance of the device. As for the rumored redesign I think it makes a whole lot of sense, as it essentially is a smaller iPad Air with the flat side chassis, power button Touch ID, USB-C port, and even a smart connector, bringing more unity to the iPad range.

My iPad mini is the first generation from 2012 that is completely obsolete. If the new iPad mini turns out to be this rumored redesign, I will get one, the old one was small enough to fit in my (also very small) camera bag. With the Olympus E-M5 mk. III's built in WiFi and Bluetooth functionality it will be very convenient to transfer files wirelessly to the iPad, and do photo/raw editing on the go.