iPhone / iOS Thread

marcos_eirik

Car(s)
Mostly my feet, occasionally a Tesla
I’m at 95 % battery health on my 12 mini, which is soon one year old. I have charged it inductively almost all the time, mostly with MagSafe. Also, one charge to 85-90 % per day, so heavy-ish user.

eizbaer

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
To put something in here I've only really noticed once I held the phone in my hand: dear god the the camera bump on the 13 (pro) is huge... it's not really annoying in any way to me or anything, it's just really noticeable if you pay attention to it (and realize it's also more than half the width of the phone):

Attachments

• 1634123709191.png
    1634123709191.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 6

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
'03 Audi Allroad
Interesting combination that... the X that I replaced just now gave me 81% capacity but still high power or whatever the equivalent english term is.

I agree, but where we are.

F8114C37-5059-404D-B57F-10B7FC239F0A.jpeg

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
'03 Audi Allroad
Is that already considered unwanted advertising, I wonder? :D

I am curious about that. I had the screen replaced in September after chucking it into the grass after a rough morning with a customer. So after booking time at an apple store, maybe it threw something up like that?

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Passat Alltrack B8
I mainly charge wirelessly though, does that wear the battery more than wired? I’m just trying to save the chargeport from daily plugging/unplugging

The Lightning port is very durable, you have nothing to worry about.

I charge wirelessly on my nightstand because I like just hovering the phone over the magsafe puck until it grabs with a clonk. Way nicer than a normal Qi charger.

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
That's a valid reason. It brightens your day slightly. :) I charge wirelessly on my nightstand because I have an upright charger stand, so I can watch a video in bed when my better half's sleeping. 😅

leviathan

Snores like a puppy
DONOR
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
Company phone is up for renewal, got an email a few days ago. Coincidentally the iPhone 13s have been added to the available list.

So of course I ordered the Pro, despite the *slightly* higher out-of-pocket co-pay. Zoom lens, LIDAR and 120Hz screen are too good to pass up, especially after I went for the "base" 11 last time instead of the Pro and was frankly a bit disappointed. Base 128GB version will do though - current 11 also has 128, and I only use like 40, so that saves a bit of cost.

6-10 weeks expected delivery time, settling in for the wait...

Perc

Car(s)
Passat Alltrack B8
I spend a lot of my day, on and off work, with the phone in my hand so to me a premium phone is a no-brainer if the budget allows for it.

Really happy with my 12 Pro still.

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Four from the top and two from the third row, UK.
Car(s)
2020 Tesla Model 3, 1990 Discovery 1 Bobtail
A work colleague just ordered a 13 Pro Max, estimated 4-6 weeks which isn't bad. Very happy with my 12 Pro Max especially now I'm finally exploring my options with MagSafe, need a good MagSafe mount/charger actually but the air vent mounted ones seem stupid. Why would you block the air flow and potentially have hot air blowing at the phone constantly?

Perc

Car(s)
Passat Alltrack B8
A work colleague just ordered a 13 Pro Max, estimated 4-6 weeks which isn't bad. Very happy with my 12 Pro Max especially now I'm finally exploring my options with MagSafe, need a good MagSafe mount/charger actually but the air vent mounted ones seem stupid. Why would you block the air flow and potentially have hot air blowing at the phone constantly?

It feels like the entire car mount market is catering towards people unable or unwilling to fit a proper car mount to their dashboard. It's all suction cups, cup holder things and vent mounts that fall off when you hit a bump.

https://brodit.se/brodit.html?locale=en&pn=home is what you want.