iPhone / iOS Thread

leviathan

Snores like a puppy
DONOR
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
So if I get an iPhone with an eSIM option. Once I turn that physical SIM card to an eSIM, what happens when I need to upgrade to another phone?
If the other phone is also an iPhone, it can be transferred as part of the initial setup / data transfer from the old one to the new. For any other phone, what eizbaer said - theoretically you can just re-use the QR code the carrier sends your for the first-time eSIM setup on the new phone, and it should just work.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
'99 Opel Astra 2.0L
If the other phone is also an iPhone, it can be transferred as part of the initial setup / data transfer from the old one to the new. For any other phone, what eizbaer said - theoretically you can just re-use the QR code the carrier sends your for the first-time eSIM setup on the new phone, and it should just work.

Well, my worry is my DE number is through MedionMobile and they wanted me to FAX MY BANKING INFO to them so they could set me up for online payments. So that’s all…

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Passat Alltrack
Well, my worry is my DE number is through MedionMobile and they wanted me to FAX MY BANKING INFO to them so they could set me up for online payments. So that’s all…
Germany :ROFLMAO:

I take it you don't want to use Prepaid?

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
'99 Opel Astra 2.0L
Germany :ROFLMAO:

I take it you don't want to use Prepaid?

No it is prepaid, but I wanted to set up paying direct from my bank account so that I don't have to pay with a stupid cash card or something. I can either pay online right now if I get one of those cash cards in an Aldi or enter my bank account credentials once? however, since setting it up and supposedly not finishing the process, I have been getting charged monthly, so who the fucks knows.

This is also a super basic primative cell phone plan. I hopefully doubt that Telekom, O2, or Vodaphone are a little more modern. :)

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
'99 Opel Astra 2.0L

jack_christie

Forum Addict

iPhone VPN apps are ‘a scam,’ security researcher warns–and Apple knows it​

Michael Horowitz claims that VPNs on iOS aren't protecting your data like they claim and Apple has know for years.