iPhone / iOS Thread

Dear lord I've been missing my jailbreak more than I thought.

And this time it's even better since Cydia will actually let me pay for their apps.. :p

Though some of them are a bit steep.. MyWi is fantastic, but 20$ is a lot for something that I don't use that often.

Dear lord I've been missing my jailbreak more than I thought.

And this time it's even better since Cydia will actually let me pay for their apps.. :p

Though some of them are a bit steep.. MyWi is fantastic, but 20$ is a lot for something that I don't use that often.

Only WEP though :(

Have anyone noticed how easy it is to ignore the phone-code on an iPhone4? Say you pick up your friends iPhone4 and slide to unlock, then hit "emergency call", then punch a non-emergency number, such as ###, then "Call" + immideately hit the "lock" button on top pf the phone. Voila, you are inside the phone-part and can call around, if you want..

Got tired of waiting for the white iphone and just picked up the black along with a blue bumper. This thing is soooo much faster than the 3G.

Got tired of waiting for the white iphone and just picked up the black along with a blue bumper. This thing is soooo much faster than the 3G.

I'm pretty sure the white iPhone is gonna be the "Duke Nukem Forever" of cell phones.

Have anyone noticed how easy it is to ignore the phone-code on an iPhone4? Say you pick up your friends iPhone4 and slide to unlock, then hit "emergency call", then punch a non-emergency number, such as ###, then "Call" + immideately hit the "lock" button on top pf the phone. Voila, you are inside the phone-part and can call around, if you want..

I get the impression that this might be by design, though I have no idea why.

I hear that 4.2 breaks HU connectivity for a lot of people, seems to work fine for me for the time being.

Gave in to the darkside and got an iPhone 4. Just updated and found that iPod could not see my music. After some searching I found the easiest solution was to change the language setting to something other than English and then change it back again.

^ Another way to fix that is to just re-sync with iTunes. Happened to me and my dad with our 3GSes when I updated them to 4.2.1

So there is a two episodes of a podcast stuck on my iPod, I can't see it in iTunes to delete it. Do I have to clean wipe it to get rid of them? Its super annoying seeing them always on my list. I've tried unsubscribing and re-syncing, nothing.

So there is a two episodes of a podcast stuck on my iPod, I can't see it in iTunes to delete it. Do I have to clean wipe it to get rid of them? Its super annoying seeing them always on my list. I've tried unsubscribing and re-syncing, nothing.

Have you tried a swipe-delete from the iPod app?

Dear peoples,

I need to acquire a device to hold my iPhone 4 in my car so I can use it as a GPS/Music player/Phone. I already have a way (BT) to hook it in to my audio but wanted some way to hold it on my dash so I can see it. So to ebay I went but I wanted to get everyones opinions.

Here's what the interior looks like for reference:

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/du/duckfucksviper/2010/12/19/2007_Volvo_S60_interior.jpg

I was thinking one of these (alt) for that area to the right of the wheel, left of the hazard light, above the air vents. It would be easy to look at and convenient to operate from the wheel. But there are other options:

CD slot holder This seems odd and also makes it difficult to use the CD player.

Traction pad on the dash itself. I'd be particularly worried about this during enthusiastic driving. It also would be at arms length and the dash isn't particularly flat.

Air vent holder. Blocks the vent and seems flimsy. Well, they all seem flimsy, they're ebay. But this seems flimsier.

And then the more expensive and probably least convenient, the ciggarette power adapter on a stick. This would be down to the right of everything, by the gear shifter. Probably the best manufactured and it would power the phone but $70 is pricey.

Opinions or better options are appreciated.

Last edited: