iPhone / iOS Thread

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
Oh look, the iPhone 4 in white is coming tomorrow
http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Isn't the next gen iPhone coming sometime in the immediate future?
According to latest rumors it would be around September or so. I personally don't understand why they bothered with a mid-life release, surely anyone who wanted a white one pretty much got over it and got the black one :p

hansvonaxion

Car(s)
Legacy GT-B
That looks sweet.

I cracked my screen when the phone fell out of my pocket onto concrete probably from 30cm high or less. The $250 to replace the phone is half what I was expecting but it still works so will keep using it as long as it does. Did cave in and buy a case... I know, the bull is long gone.

maxtortheone

Chicken Fiddler
Car(s)
2006 Renault Clio 1.4 16V
That looks sweet.

I cracked my screen when the phone fell out of my pocket onto concrete probably from 30cm high or less. The $250 to replace the phone is half what I was expecting but it still works so will keep using it as long as it does. Did cave in and buy a case... I know, the bull is long gone.
A friend of mine has had his first gen iPhone's scree cracked for more than two years without any problems. You can't even feel the crack but you see it.

otispunkmeyer

Car(s)
'03 Skoda Superb (farewell :(), '06 Honda Civic ES
Anyone in the UK see the iPhone TV ads?

Im a big apple fan, but that ad always strikes me as a bit snobby.

Its like its saying "if you dont have an iPhone 4, well your not a very good person"

I mean come on , its just a phone. A very good one no doubt, but a phone none the less.

Polly

wants a cracker
I thought it said "If you don't have an iPhone, you don't have an iPhone". That's the first time I have heard absolute truth in advertising.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
I recently switched to the Android side and still have my iPhone 3GS, albeit without a plan. I'm thinking I can wipe it, unlock it, and sell it for a few hundred. Good idea? Any downsides?

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
I recently switched to the Android side and still have my iPhone 3GS, albeit without a plan. I'm thinking I can wipe it, unlock it, and sell it for a few hundred. Good idea? Any downsides?
Can't think of any downsides to it, might not be able to make much off of it though.

Thomas93

Car(s)
one day
Just got a 3GS on 4.2.1

I have a problem, if I stick on the 4.2.1 it came with, I can jailbreak but I can't restore from my 3G's backup.

If I update to 4.3.5 I can restore from my 3G's backup, but no untethered jailbreak.

It doesn't want to play ball with the methods of circumventing et voice IPHONE PHONE HOMEEEEE.

What do?

Firecat

Politically Charged
i've been playing zombie highway on the iphone and ipad....it's been like only 15 minutes, but it's fucking awesome.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
I've had no volume buttons since November.
I can one up that. I've had no external speaker and no headphone jack since January, and no camera since March. The rear casing is also falling apart and held together with electrical tape. That said, it is a 2.5 year old 3G thats served well in the line of duty (sure its not nearly as durable as my old Nokia 6230 was, but compared to other iPhones, mine has been a champ).