iPhone / iOS Thread

Hopefully it fixes the rotation sensor.

Is there any good alternatives to Tapatalk?

They always keep making it harder to actually browse the forums and trying to push some "trending" bullshit.

Posting from the normal forum UI in Safari on iPhone right now. Sadly everything else seems to be shit.

They always keep making it harder to actually browse the forums and trying to push some "trending" bullshit.

Check out the forum's mobile style. It's in the lower left hand corner.

This is the same on Android, since the update a month or so ago, it's trying to be Facebook and giving you all sorts of things it thinks you might like.
Sadly, there is no alternative, other than just using Safari, which is slower to navigate IMO

The latest Tapatalk update made it slightly better...

I'm still on the last "pro" version of Tapatalk with no updates being prompted. It's not even on Play Store anymore. Have no clue how that happened.

I've been meaning to complain about this for ages..... What the hell is up with the photo file structure..

Every time I go to pull a photo off my phone, I spend a day and a half looking through all the folders to find which has the most recent shots.

EMZaxk8.png

They don't seem to be in any sort of order, and the date modified doesn't ever change. Right now the last alphabetical folder (\986CEJGL) has shots from May 2014 the first (\821CPZDE) has shots from July 2014, the photos I took today are in \888DLTJK.

Apple's photos management isn't meant to be file based, you're supposed to export the photos through apps!

Apple's photos management isn't meant to be file based, you're supposed to export the photos through apps!

Well thats dumb. I'm plugged into my work computer and don't have any "apps" to export with.

Even if its designed for apps, why can't the folder structure make sense and have the latest photos in the highest folder. This just seems to be randomized. Some folders have 20 photos, some have 800, and theres no way of figuring out which are where. There was a while when all my photos were in the same folder, but that didn't last very long before they went back to this mess. Given that not everyone can simply export photos like you suggested, Apple still should make the UI not fucking stupid for everyone else.

Well thats dumb. I'm plugged into my work computer and don't have any "apps" to export with.

Even if its designed for apps, why can't the folder structure make sense and have the latest photos in the highest folder. This just seems to be randomized. Some folders have 20 photos, some have 800, and theres no way of figuring out which are where. There was a while when all my photos were in the same folder, but that didn't last very long before they went back to this mess. Given that not everyone can simply export photos like you suggested, Apple still should make the UI not fucking stupid for everyone else.

100% with you there!

I hate that shit as well, I got the same beef with some music management apps, a lot just rely on the ID3 tags and don't bother renaming the files/folders like they really should. Strangely enough iTunes is one that does it right...

Hey guys, a friend of mine's wife bought a used iPod touch (5th gen) and it's iCloud has it locked. The person she bought it from "barely speaks English" and is not helping her with the password. Previous owner forgot the password and trying to explain to them to email Apple for a pw reminder is not working.

Could it be stolen, maybe, but she's had it for two weeks and the police haven't knocked on her door yet, so if it is stolen no one is actively looking for it.

Anyway, she's tried calling Apple and they told her that without the password there is nothing they can do. So she has an expensive paperweight.

Is there a way to jailbreak the iPod and wipe it completely clean?

I've been looking online and all I found was a company that would do it for $149 but only if the iCloud activation was unlocked (so basically no).

My father bought an iPad for absurdly cheap off a guy because it was locked and displaying a message that it needed to be connected to iTunes to use it due to failed password attempts. I was able to reset it using a procedure I found online, not sure if this is the same situation:
http://techchannel.radioshack.com/reset-ipod-touch-passcode-2873.html

No, I think he means it's iCloud locked. If he reset the devices there's nothing he can do. iCloud security is tighter than ever, always be cautios with anything running iOS 6 and up, do a factory reset in front of the seller and ask him to de-register his device. Only way to get an iCloud lock removed is to get all your paperwork in order(which I doubt he has) and go to an Apple Store and they'll do it.

I guess this is the screen?

TS4515_01-icloud-activate-iphone-001-en.png