iPhone / iOS Thread

Handbrake is good for iPods, not sure about iPad. Format Factory would work too, even if it doesn't have a preset, you could make one. But is there not an App for iPad that will just play the AVIs?

I use the same encoded videos on the phone and ipad, not too fussed about the quality. Still looks good to me. Using Handbrake ofc.

Thanks...will check those out.

But is there not an App for iPad that will just play the AVIs?

I have no clue. I'm new to the ipad, and this is my first attempt at throwing videos on it.

*edit

did see something on the app store called "Azul Media Player" ....may give that a shot depending on how long the converting takes.

Last edited:
Does anyone know a good, preferably free software for copying your iTunes library into one place (for Windows)? Googling just confuses me since everyone seems to have different ideas and/or free trials with 10 or so tracks to transfer. I need to clean up my mp3 folder on my computer but I can't since it'll mess up my iTunes library. So I want to copy the library all into one place.

Senuti was recommended on the previous page but it's Mac only.

Last time I was asked this question, we stumbled around and managed to simply click and drag all of the library contents right out of iTunes to a folder, I think. Ended up with m4a files but it seemed to work.

Last time I was asked this question, we stumbled around and managed to simply click and drag all of the library contents right out of iTunes to a folder, I think. Ended up with m4a files but it seemed to work.

WTF, that worked! Thanks! Strange that none of the tutorials I found through Google suggested this, they either used programs or some pretty complicated methods that created tons of subdirectories and required some fiddling to get the filenames right. The files retain their original filetype, so mp3s are still mp3s and tracks bought from iTunes Store are still m4as.

Whoops.

2l9io01.jpg

Sooooo glad I have insurance (with accidental cover) so it won't cost me anything.

It still works perfectly, its just the glass that has cracked.

Updated my i4 (AT&T) to 4.3.1, jailbroke with redsn0w. Seems to work great, except that it no longer recognized the Femtocell in my apartment, which is quite annoying. I haven't bothered to figure out if it's the fault of the upgrade or the jailbreak though, nor have I actually tested the new features yet.

How did you manage to do that?

Dropped it and it landed straight face down on a wooden floor. Just a bit of butter fingers and a lack of luck really. :p
I'm taking it to the Apple store tomorrow; I don't know how much it'll cost for us Brits - from what I can gather its US$199 over the pond, so I'd guess ?200 for moi.<_<

Wow, I thought it had been crushed. I've dropped my phone several times and usually the worst that happens is the battery and its cover flying in separate directions.

I dropped my old 3GS....under a Mercedes C class :( it was obliterated.

Anyways I upgraded my i4 to 4.3.1 and JBed it with RedSnow, I see no problems yet, haven't tested any of the new features yet but I did stumble across a new game called Infinity Blade on Installous and that game has some seriously impressive graphics for something like the iPhone... If you're jailbroken it's worth the download just for the awesome GFX.

Or you could pay the 6$ and get it legally on the App Store ;)

Well my case did absolutely nothing useful. It might have helped in previous times when I've dropped it, but (obviously) not this time. This is the case I have - it doesn't cover the front at all which won't help if you want absolute protection over having the design visible. Personally I'd rather have insurance to cover me than a hideous rubber case that wraps the whole thing. :)

Yeah, I'm depending on insurance as well :) All I have on it is some film to avoid scratches. Keeps the resale value high ;)

As if it wasn't high enough. Checked used prices for iPhone4 recently, and they're not far from MSRP. The way I figure, with my current plan, I can sell my phone, buy the next iPhone and come out with money to spare :)

So they replaced it for free for me :p They said they basically have a one strike thing where they'll replace it once under warranty (for shock/liquid damage not technically covered) for the first time, but if it happens again it'll cost ?139.

Interesting what you say about the next iPhone; but I would have thought you'd need to sell the 4 fairly soon before the prices drop when the release date for the 5 is annnounced. And then you'd be stuck for a while without a phone.

As it is right now around here, even a used 3GS would probably make my plan "work".

Right now I pay 400DKKR a month. To buy a new iPhone you'd pay 1200DKKR + 600 a month for 6 months. So I only need to sell it for 2400DKKR to get a "free" upgrade. And I can most likely sell it for more than that. A 3GS is going for 2000-2500. Right now, a phone in the condition mine is in, is going for somewhere around 3500, sometimes even more than that apparently.

And I do have an old phone laying around I could use for a little while :)

And for you non danes, 1$ is around 5.5 DKKR :)

Last edited:
Is there some kind of wifi toggle app for non-jailbroken iPhones?