iPhone / iOS Thread

Yeah, it's called "Settings" :p

483_i-see-what-you-did.gif

Oh look, the iPhone 4 in white is coming tomorrow
http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Isn't the next gen iPhone coming sometime in the immediate future?

According to latest rumors it would be around September or so. I personally don't understand why they bothered with a mid-life release, surely anyone who wanted a white one pretty much got over it and got the black one :p

This is my new awesome lock screen:

https://pic.armedcats.net/v/vi/viper007bond/2011/05/08/IMG_0938.PNG

(user selected background image)

How to install here: http://typophone.gmtaz.com/

That looks sweet.

I cracked my screen when the phone fell out of my pocket onto concrete probably from 30cm high or less. The $250 to replace the phone is half what I was expecting but it still works so will keep using it as long as it does. Did cave in and buy a case... I know, the bull is long gone.

That looks nice, but I can't give up my LockInfo:

I bought and ran that for about a week, but most of the time I had it empty. I really only used it to display the weather (like you have it) and notifications.

That looks sweet.

I cracked my screen when the phone fell out of my pocket onto concrete probably from 30cm high or less. The $250 to replace the phone is half what I was expecting but it still works so will keep using it as long as it does. Did cave in and buy a case... I know, the bull is long gone.

A friend of mine has had his first gen iPhone's scree cracked for more than two years without any problems. You can't even feel the crack but you see it.

Anyone in the UK see the iPhone TV ads?

Im a big apple fan, but that ad always strikes me as a bit snobby.

Its like its saying "if you dont have an iPhone 4, well your not a very good person"

I mean come on , its just a phone. A very good one no doubt, but a phone none the less.

That is exactly right hahahaha!

I thought it said "If you don't have an iPhone, you don't have an iPhone". That's the first time I have heard absolute truth in advertising.

I recently switched to the Android side and still have my iPhone 3GS, albeit without a plan. I'm thinking I can wipe it, unlock it, and sell it for a few hundred. Good idea? Any downsides?
Can't think of any downsides to it, might not be able to make much off of it though.

Just got a 3GS on 4.2.1

I have a problem, if I stick on the 4.2.1 it came with, I can jailbreak but I can't restore from my 3G's backup.

If I update to 4.3.5 I can restore from my 3G's backup, but no untethered jailbreak.

It doesn't want to play ball with the methods of circumventing et voice IPHONE PHONE HOMEEEEE.

What do?

i've been playing zombie highway on the iphone and ipad....it's been like only 15 minutes, but it's fucking awesome.

I've had no volume buttons since November.

I can one up that. I've had no external speaker and no headphone jack since January, and no camera since March. The rear casing is also falling apart and held together with electrical tape. That said, it is a 2.5 year old 3G thats served well in the line of duty (sure its not nearly as durable as my old Nokia 6230 was, but compared to other iPhones, mine has been a champ).