iPhone / iOS Thread

You clearly haven't bought jewelry :p

I happen to know 800 euros is enough for quite the lavish gift...

Tiffany's said:
Diamonds dazzle against the leaves in a design inspired by the olive branch, a symbol of peace and abundance. Earrings in 18k rose gold with round brilliant diamonds. Carat total weight .03. Original designs copyrighted by Paloma Picasso.
? 790

Avanti: Provided you didn't upgrade any of the apps to iOS 8 only versions, yes.
Also as long as there is an iOS 7 backup, backups don't allow you to restore between versions.

- - - Updated - - -

I happen to know 800 euros is enough for quite the lavish gift...

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Was thinking more of an engagement ring, and damn they charge you guys in Euros that sux.

Yes, I'm starting to suspect that the bent ones were subjected to more than being just stored in the pocket. Still, nine bent phones out of what? 10 million sold in the first weekend alone... Hardly newsworthy, also it's not the first of the big thin phones to bend.

That being said, looking at the comments section below a review of an iPhone these days is starting to get silly or sad. (depends) It's amazing how brutally a glowing review (inevitable as they are rather excellent) of the latest iPhone kicks the Apple haters out of their spec-sheet-numbers-circle-jerk and on to the internet to release a kraken of regurgitated anti-Apple-bs. They are actually genuinely offended by it. It's almost as if it both physically and psychologically hurts them to see the iPhone get a glowing review. I think you must have a very sad life if you need to be the one screaming the loudest when you comment a phone you have no intention of buying, and you feel the need to be on a salvation mission to "save" the entire internet from buying it.

Yes, I'm starting to suspect that the bent ones were subjected to more than being just stored in the pocket. Still, nine bent phones out of what? 10 million sold in the first weekend alone... Hardly newsworthy, also it's not the first of the big thin phones to bend.

That being said, looking at the comments section below a review of an iPhone these days is starting to get silly or sad. (depends) It's amazing how brutally a glowing review (inevitable as they are rather excellent) of the latest iPhone kicks the Apple haters out of their spec-sheet-numbers-circle-jerk and on to the internet to release a kraken of regurgitated anti-Apple-bs. They are actually genuinely offended by it. It's almost as if it both physically and psychologically hurts them to see the iPhone get a glowing review. I think you must have a very sad life if you need to be the one screaming the loudest when you comment a phone you have no intention of buying, and you feel the need to be on a salvation mission to "save" the entire internet from buying it.
It's Apple, so there is a ton of attention to them.

It's Apple, so there is a ton of attention to them.

Tell all the news networks to stop reporting it already. They keep pointing at the ant hill and screaming mountain.

iOS 8.0.2 has been released :)

So not updating till I get home lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell all the news networks to stop reporting it already. They keep pointing at the ant hill and screaming mountain.
It's annoying to me too, esp all the jokes "hey you bent your phone yet?" hang on lemme shove it up your ass and you can tell me.

Updated to 8.0.2, nothing broken yet...

Last edited:
I'm on 8.0.1 (5S), it's fine. And it fixed the stupid issue with apps not being able to access the whole camera roll, only the new album with the last 30 days. Will put 8.0.2 on it later today.

I'm on 8.0.1 (5S), it's fine. And it fixed the stupid issue with apps not being able to access the whole camera roll, only the new album with the last 30 days. Will put 8.0.2 on it later today.

Only the 6 and 6+ were affected by the bug, because apparently it was too much effort for Apple to test their brand new devices....

Fondled the 6 today. No 6 pluses here yet, but they had cases. And god damn that's a huge phone. :shock: I'm having second thoughts.

Fondled the 6 today. No 6 pluses here yet, but they had cases. And god damn that's a huge phone. :shock: I'm having second thoughts.

Apple tells you that in their ad.

I wish this would go away too.

I actually had a co-worker look at my phone, ask if it was the 6 or 6+ and then proceed to go and cancel his pre-order for the 6+.

- - - Updated - - -

Apple tells you that in their ad.

I wish this would go away too.
I wish the 6 would do that landscape thing :(

I know I should probably buy the 6, but somehow I keep wanting the 6+ for that crazy big screen. Would probably never use my iPad any more if I had it.

Consumer Reports did some testing on the iPhones plus a few others. The iPhone Plus actually withstood more force than the smaller 6

[video=youtube;Y0-3fIs2jQs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0-3fIs2jQs#t=119[/video]

And apparently, the HTC One is more bendy than the 6+. According to Consumer Reports, that is.
Wonder why nobody was bending HTC Ones on youtube when it was released?

In other news, the Youtube app wasn't feeling well earlier today. Guess this is what you get when you update straight away before devs have had a chance to update their apps. Not like Google hasn't had plenty of time over the course of the beta, but still.

Last edited:
And apparently, the HTC One is more bendy than the 6+. According to Consumer Reports, that is.

In other news, the Youtube app wasn't feeling well earlier today. Guess this is what you get when you update straight away before devs have had a chance to update their apps. Not like Google hasn't had plenty of time over the course of the beta, but still.

Google is usually very slow to update their iOS apps, I suspect it might have to do something with them being rivals :p

Download McTube. No ads and works great.

I've discovered a substance with roughly 6-8 times the "slipperiness" of WD-40...the plastic shell of the iPhone 5C.

Damnit, I actually hate this display more than the on on the 4. My thumbs are too wide to type in portrait. But now, in landscape, because they,only increased the screen size in one direction, there is EVEN LESS viewable area when the keyboard is up. I was filling in a field on a website. When trying to scroll within the text window, the address bar popped down. Between that and they keyboard, I had ONE LINE OF TEXT'S WORTH of scrolling/viewing space. Because iOS8's autocorrect IS EVEN WORSE than iOS7s, it took me three times as long because I had to individually edit just about every other word.

And still, with the longer screen, many things won't rotate to landscape...for no real reason. Goddamnit, I hate iPhones.