iPhone / iOS Thread

I'm starting to get super-annoyed with the power button placement. I adjust the volume at least 50% of the time when I try to sleep the phone.

Had a look at the iPad Air 2 at my local Apple store today. Holy crap, it's so much lighter and thinner than my iPad 3G...

I'm starting to get super-annoyed with the power button placement. I adjust the volume at least 50% of the time when I try to sleep the phone.

It makes no sense. On all iPads it's like on an iPhone, on a bigger iPhone it's like a Samsung.

Had a look at the iPad Air 2 at my local Apple store today. Holy crap, it's so much lighter and thinner than my iPad 3G...

Yeah it's insane, when I destroyed my 3G and got the Air (1) it was a huge difference.

- - - Updated - - -

It makes no sense. On all iPads it's like on an iPhone, on a bigger iPhone it's like a Samsung.

One handed operation, no one uses a tablet one handed (unless you are some sort of a giant) it's too big, phone on the other hand if its on the side like where it is you can actually use it with just your right hand and lock the phone.

I use my 6+ one handed maybe 75% of the time. I did get a sufficiently grippy case for it, one of the Apple leather cases. It's too thin and slippery to use naked which is a shame, because I'm no fan of cases.

I updated my 4S from iOS 7.1.2 to 8.1 after there were only few negative reviews regarding that update.

It certainly isn't as fast as before, but that was expected. Even in iOS 7 I enabled the "reduce motion"-checkbox since I don't need the fancy transitions, my phone is merely a work tool. Reports from the closed beta of 8.1.1 state that 8.1.1 should speed up old hardware again.

I found one bug: When you access the camera from the lock screen and lock it again with the camera app still open the camera is displayed after you unlock it again. When you press the home-button after you took the picture and then lock the phone the camera app isn't displayed after unlocking the phone.
Can anybody else verify that?

Do you mean unlocking by swiping the camera icon in the second case? Because otherwise, it seems like it's acting as it should. If you quit the camera app before locking, it won't reappear when you unlock.

First case
- Initial state: Locked (with PIN so you have to put in the PIN to unlock it), screen off
- Press the home- or power-button to get access to the lock-screen
- Swipe the camera-icon; whether you take a picture or not isn't important
- Press the home-button to get back to the lock-screen
- Lock the phone via power-button
- Press the home-button again to get the lock-screen
- Unlock the phone via PIN

Then you see the home-screen.

Second case:
- Initial state: Locked (with PIN so you have to put in the PIN to unlock it), screen off
- Press the home-or power-button to get access to the lock-screen
- Swipe the camera-icon; whether you take a picture or not isn't important
- Lock the phone via power-button
- Press the home-button again to get the lock-screen
- Unlock the phone via PIN

Then the camera is active and you have to press the home-button again to access the home-screen.

Finally bought an iPhone 6 regular size. It should be delivered today but I'm 1000 miles away and won't be able to get my hands on it until Saturday. Looking forward to replacing my regular 5 and getting Touch ID and stuff!

Finally bought an iPhone 6 regular size. It should be delivered today but I'm 1000 miles away and won't be able to get my hands on it until Saturday. Looking forward to replacing my regular 5 and getting Touch ID and stuff!

What colour? Anyway, really nice device.

Found out something dissapointing about having a iPhone 4 loaner while my iPhone 5 S is undergoing some glass ++ repairs:
Wanted to restore my last back up from the 5 onto the 4 (so that I have phone numbers etc) but got a message saying it wasn?t possible as the 4 was on iOS 7 and my back up from the 5 was on iOS 8.. So I went to Settings to upgrade the 4 to iOS 8. Guess what. The 4 is not iOS 8 compatible. Hah! That is so so so stupid....

Found out something dissapointing about having a iPhone 4 loaner while my iPhone 5 S is undergoing some glass ++ repairs:
Wanted to restore my last back up from the 5 onto the 4 (so that I have phone numbers etc) but got a message saying it wasn?t possible as the 4 was on iOS 7 and my back up from the 5 was on iOS 8.. So I went to Settings to upgrade the 4 to iOS 8. Guess what. The 4 is not iOS 8 compatible. Hah! That is so so so stupid....

Don't worry, you wouldn't want to run iOS 8 on a 4 anyway. Even on the 4S it's a bit slow and many fancy UI features are disabled.

Yeah backups only work within the same version :(

Don't worry, you wouldn't want to run iOS 8 on a 4 anyway. Even on the 4S it's a bit slow and many fancy UI features are disabled.

I know, but as this is my work phone I need all of my phone numbers etc.

Yeah backups only work within the same version :(

It wasn?t a problem the last time this happend, that is - before iOS 8 came. I then only had to upgrade the 4 to iOS7 latest version and then restore my latest 5 back up.

The 4 is also four years old at this point. The hardware simply isn't capable of running iOS 8 efficiently.

The 4 is also four years old at this point. The hardware simply isn't capable of running iOS 8 efficiently.

I do understand that it makes sense. I?m just expressing my thoughts as a user and customer. I think Apple should have a back up solution, such as keeping the users last iOS7 back up so that it?s possible to restore that one. At least then you get most of your phone numbers and pics etc.