iPhone / iOS Thread

My iPhone 5 background lighting keep resetting and it's so fcn annoying. Anyone have the same problem and know about a fix for this? I have it set really dark to save batt, and also because I find the default lighting too bright, but after a call or sth else, it keeps resetting to the brightest..

My iPhone 5 background lighting keep resetting and it's so fcn annoying. Anyone have the same problem and know about a fix for this? I have it set really dark to save batt, and also because I find the default lighting too bright, but after a call or sth else, it keeps resetting to the brightest..

Turn off auto brightness.

Reactions: haz

Tried rebooting? Do you have a case the shadows the top around the front camera and ear piece?

I hate that the brightness control in the up-stroke quick-options menu "shade", or whatever you want to call it, overrides the auto-brightness.

I hate that this shade also doesn't have a button to turn cellular data on and off. Wi-Fi? Yep. Bluetooth? yes...but no cellular data.

Airplane mode?

You can switch them back on. I'll flip my phone to airplane mode and connect to wifi when I'm in buildings that block cell signal.

You can switch them back on. I'll flip my phone to airplane mode and connect to wifi when I'm in buildings that block cell signal.

I'm aware of that but it kind of makes it more complicated than it needs to be don't it? Also if you are in airplane mode and connected to wi-fi some apps will bitch about being in airplane mode. For example last I tried that iMessage didn't wanna work in airplane mode. It's even more retarded when you consider that this option is missing on the iPad where turning cell data off is a relatively normal thing.

iPhone / iOS Thread

Code your own operating system then. You're complaining about having to poke some glass more than two times...

No, we're complaining about the frustration we feel with things that should have been simple no-brainers, that thousands of people have/will complain about, and then never get fixed through countless versions (automatically fully-expanded email folders, for example).

Big things don't bother me as much as seemingly insignificant little annoyances that actually affect my daily life. Ebola? Sure, it's sad. But you know what really drives me bonkers? Google Maps for IOS just took away the "next turn" icon in favor of doubleing the size of the "which lane should you be in for this next direction" bar...which is only half helpful, as it should be taking into consideration your next turn...if I'm making a left turn, don't say "use the 3 left lanes to turn left" when I'm going to be making an immediate right turn after this one...tell me I need to be in the right-most left-turn lane (or "3rd from the left). Ugh.

.if I'm making a left turn, don't say "use the 3 left lanes to turn left" when I'm going to be making an immediate right turn after this one...tell me I need to be in the right-most left-turn lane (or "3rd from the left). Ugh.

This. 100% this. Drives me crazy on Google Maps for Android.

I wonder if Nokia Drive is any better...

Also, BTW:

jZJ85y0.jpg

Cell data toggle switch!

:p but you probably already know this from your Droid Charge! Lol.

Well don?t I feel like a fcn idiot. Thanks :)
(I don?t see why there would even be an auto brightness function..)

:) you welcome homie ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Code your own operating system then. You're complaining about having to poke some glass more than two times...
Considering Apple's entire claim to fame is user friendliness and ease of use having a commonly used feature buried somewhere in the settings is idiotic. Also consider that "control center" with a cellular data toggle switch has been around in the Jailbreak store since I had my iPhone 3g back in 08-09.

I'm with you. I use my phone as a phone, not a TV.

I'm getting a 6+ for Christmas because I'm curious about the size. However, I am extremely curious to see where things will be going for the next years with regards to screen size. I think the consumer would benefit if devices could be made more compact while offering a decent screen size.

More compact? Dude, it's small enough already!

Considering Apple's entire claim to fame is user friendliness and ease of use having a commonly used feature buried somewhere in the settings is idiotic.

Is disabling the cellular data really a commonly used feature though? The only time I've needed it was when I was on a temporary prepaid card where they would bill by the hour, and that only lasted me a month.

On a normal plan, why would you disabled the data?

Maybe HK phone plans are different, but many many many people in the US have data plans of 2GB or less, and often turn off data so as not to use it up with auto updating apps, etc.

Until not so long ago I've had only 1GB of data ^^'

Disabling some features can go a long way to save precious MB of data, like disabling the Background app refresh for most of the apps you're not actively using, disabling stuff like share my location, etc. App updates only happen when connected to WiFi actually, same with iCloud photo upload and actually pretty much all Apple services that are not critical.

Thinking about it, I simply can't disable the cellular data anymore, I'm relying on messaging services like WhatsApp and Line, and FaceTime for calls way too much these days whereas people in the US / Canada are very much still using good old SMS messaging / regular calls.