iPhone / iOS Thread

Did you use a case on it? I'm still confused about the whole bending issue. I got an incipio feather for mine to make it slightly more rigid.

I got a case on it, it's a small and light plastic case nothing major. I actually have no clue how it bent, I keep the phone in my front pocket or on my desk...

Speaking of cases, this arrived today for my iPod

QuqtaGv.png

The number of cases with a hole on the back is too damn high.

Well, when you paid that much money for a phone you want to let people know that you did. :p

I don't mind holes in the back. I might actually perforate mine to help the phone stay cooler.

Anyone else thinking the iPod is dead/gonna die soon? I was looking through the shuffle/nano/touch timeline and the last update to the range was a long time ago. With phones getting more and more memory, could the dedicated MP3 player be the thing only a audiophile has?

I'm somewhat surprised that any kind of iPod is still around, aside from maybe the shuffle (for sports applications its better IMO). I'm not sure why an audiophile would have a dedicated mp3 player since none of them will be high enough quality to satisfy one. Also figure with streaming being as big as it is any internet connected device effectively has unlimited music storage*

*Services like Spotify allow one to locally store music for offline playback.

The iPod Touch has one key demo that, in the short to medium term won't change:

Kids/teens/college students who are on their parents family plan who's parents go "lol you're fucking kidding me kid, Mr. Verizon man, little Johnny will take the free flip phone thanks..." when asked about data for the kids. An iPod touch is cheaper if it breaks and theirs no data costs. Win win for parents on a budget and their kids who have to have something smarter.

There's plenty of college kids still rocking a dumbphone and a iPod Touch due to smartphone plan pricing or parental bill paying objections.

The education market also likes iPod touch as a cheaper alternative to iPads.

I'm somewhat surprised that any kind of iPod is still around, aside from maybe the shuffle (for sports applications its better IMO). I'm not sure why an audiophile would have a dedicated mp3 player since none of them will be high enough quality to satisfy one. Also figure with streaming being as big as it is any internet connected device effectively has unlimited music storage*

*Services like Spotify allow one to locally store music for offline playback.

There are dedicated mp3 players that have proper hardware though, like this.

iPhone / iOS Thread

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421594935.028673.jpg

Anyone else have the blue hue on the keyboard in tapatalk? Its gone in portrait mode but is still there when minimized.... So i guess it isnt just a broken screen