iPhone / iOS Thread

I'd much rather have a battery pack which I could charge the phone with through a regular cable.

It depends. If you're on your feet all the time (trade show, etc) and don't want to deal with wires in your pocket, this is a good idea.

I'm probably going to order a 20k mAh Anker at some point.

And people thought I was crazy when I bought a $40 extended battery (with backplate) for my old Galaxy.

dBhPGKv.jpg

:lol:

It depends. If you're on your feet all the time (trade show, etc) and don't want to deal with wires in your pocket, this is a good idea.

I'm probably going to order a 20k mAh Anker at some point.

Sure, but if you travel a lot I could see a greater benefit in having an external battery, which can store far more energy than any case-based battery pack.

Question: I have an iPhone 5s working on the Verizon network (not locked). I am traveling to Europe for a month. Can I just get a prepaid SIM card while in Europe, without messing up my carrier/plan here in the U.S.? In other words - will something happen to the iPhone itself when I switch SIM cards?

Just lurking through the forums for a while. Want to give opinions for Apple battery pack. How hard is it for Apple to give a on off button to the battery ? Because I look at the review, the battery will charge every time you slide the pack in. Even though I really like the design so much, it's not bulky. The price and no on/ off button is a deal breaker.

The battery is meant to be used essentially as if it's integrated with the phone since it's built into the case, right? Not line an external battery pack...is there a reason that an on/off switch for the battery would be important?

The battery is meant to be used essentially as if it's integrated with the phone since it's built into the case, right? Not line an external battery pack...is there a reason that an on/off switch for the battery would be important?
People with other brand cases like the control that a on/off switch gives - you can preserve the external's charge until you feel you need it.

Ex: keeping it off on short trips

...but if you are carrying it anyway, what difference does it make if you have 9hrs of charge and 8 comes from the external and 1 from the internal, or all 9 comes from the internal?

The battery doesn't actually keep charging the phone if its battery is full, it actually powers it as if it was a second battery, and it will actually deplete the battery case first instead of going through the phone's battery. There really is no downside into not having an on/off button.

People with other brand cases like the control that a on/off switch gives - you can preserve the external's charge until you feel you need it.

Ex: keeping it off on short trips

If you take the case off, the charge will be preserved. Obviously. I can't really come up with a use case where you'd want the case on without actually using it... ie the only time when a switch would be useful.

Ok, so after one of the last updates, iOS uses .PNG for it's screenshots....but if you crop it at all, it changes it to .JPG. Why did Apple decide one was better "here", but the other was better "there."

Why did Apple have to kill the gold 6/6+ when the 6S came out? I kinda wanted to pick one up...
Spare yourself. You really don't want one. The 6+ is far better from a RAM perspective - apps stay in memory far longer, esp comparing say... tabs in safari on a 6+ vs. 6S +

Anyone here use AirPlay Mirroring (specifically with Reflector 2) on iOS 9.3 beta 4?