• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

iPod mini - any good? Your comments please ...

haz

I AM OT!
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
http://img463.imageshack.**/img463/9338/338881718ur.jpg

So, what do you think? Gimme some response on your personal experiences please. I want it for X-Mas :)

I think it's a good product for a good price (they are as cheap as $ 260, with the $ being at crappy 6.42, good for me, bad for the yankee)

This price is taken from a great webpage, which gathers the cheapest netstores, and ranges the best price for you.

http://img469.imageshack.**/img469/4961/untitled4et.jpg

I heard that it's bad quality if say you drop it on the floor and low battery capasity, everything else is promising!

btw: is there any difference between the 4 and 6 GIG mini iPod? Except 2 GIG? Quality etc. ...

haz

they still make iPod mini's?... i thought they were out of production, they have been replaced by the iPOd nano

I got one and I have to say that the case is rather solid. It feels like it isn't damageable at all.

You're right about the battery though. It has this nasty habit of discharging the batteries if you leave it alone for a longer period. Apart from that it's okay. Recharging doesn't take long at all.

The headphones that come with it are utter crap. Make sure to get a pair of decent ones with your purchase.

What makes it really great and user-friendly is iTunes. I love the simplicity of it. Put your CD's in the drive and it takes care of the rest. There's nothing better than having a well sorted music library at your disposal.

andyhui01 said:
they still make iPod mini's?... i thought they were out of production, they have been replaced by the iPOd nano
Same. They dont make the old school black n' white iPods nemore...been replaced by photo.

All iPods are the same Haz. The Mini is said to have the most reliablility issues with the battery so be carefull. All you'd want are better earpieces for it cos the ones Apple give are shit.

thanks guys :thumbsup:

I will be purchasing a car stereo soon as well, for my Beetle. So if I have an iPod I can just stick it the car stereo and have lots of songs in my car :D

This is what I'm looking at ca. ~

Pioneer DEH-3700MP (Plays WMA, MP3 og WAV) @ $160
http://img476.imageshack.**/img476/7421/19db.jpg

JVC CS-HX6955 @ $113
http://img470.imageshack.**/img470/8866/22ke.jpg

"The new JVC HX Series midrange/tweeters feature a pure aluminum diaphragm to provide high sound quality and extended high-frequency response. The woofers feature metal-sputtered olefin/aluminum-evaporated diaphragms to combine strength with improved sound quality. Totally new in design, the front grille is painted silver, while the backside is painted black and equipped with a woofer magnet cover for stylish looks."

Anyone have experience moutning a stereo in a Beetle? hehe ... prolly not.

I have a feeling I will be needing some assistance on that one ..

haz

haz said:
This is what I'm looking at ca. ~

Pioneer DEH-3700MP (Plays WMA, MP3 og WAV) @ $160

JVC CS-HX6955 @ $113

:lol: I did it the other way 'round in my car... JVC headunit (MP3/WMA/WAV) and Pioneer Speakers.
I chose my JVC headunit (JVC-KD-G611) as it has a line in port on the front so it's very easy to plug in my old Creative Zen MP3 player.
However, don't use that very much any more as the volume on the MP3 player doesn't go high enough without completely killing the battery and it's easier to change songs through MP3 CDs on the radio than on the MP3 player...
The Headunit is good, and I got speakers which I thought sounded best with my Headunit. If you can, try to test those speakers before buying...

my wife got a mini for US $79 when she got her iBook - great deal, she loves it. i personally would want more space ( i tend to use my ipod more for file transfer) but the mini is small, light and easy to use. she loves it.

I've had a mini since they came out. It's pretty neat just as long as you don't plan on taking a entire 40 gb collection with you everywhere. 4gb is just right for me, you can always delete and put something different on.

The only problem I've had was the battery. It died after like 2 years. Bought a new one on ebay for 12 bucks, put it in myself.

Nice peice of equipment.

Also I've put a stereo in a 74 vw thing before. Just to have something to listen too, I just put in a peice over a bit of the glove box (a door was a option on the car) And bolted it behind some trim, The most important thing on a old car is to find a way to put it in without hacking stuff up. Many places sell under dash kits and such just for this.

I'd say forget the iPod mini and go for the Rio Carbon

item_a1.jpg

Superior to the mini in every respect.

Overheat said:
I'd say forget the iPod mini and go for the Rio Carbon

item_a1.jpg

Superior to the mini in every respect.

why? Convince me!

edit: hmmmmm......I read in a review that it doesn't have a padlock!

and it's more expensive ...

haz

you know, a lock for the pad?

Sorta like the function for your mobile/cellphone .... a lock for when the device is in your pocket and you don't want it to change song just cuz you touched some buttons ...

haz

perhaps he meant a pad lock. IE- you can't lock the controls out, to prevent bumping buttons when you're jogging with it in your pocket...

haha, beat me :)

Also known as a hold button. Yep, can be useful sometimes...
(though I've got a software 'hold' function on my Zen and I've never used it. But then the buttons for my Zen aren't on the front...)

yea, I did :D j/k ...

but you know what I mean ..

even my old mp3 (256 mb) player has that, come to think of it - my disc man from 1995 even had that :shock:

Why not this product, hyper techno gadget from 2005 ??????????

It just seems silly, when it's way past a mandatory thing to have on such a thingy ..

haz

well, tbh the iPod mini is amazing but it doesn't play WMA files - and that fact alone makes it suck somewhat imo. If you don't use WMAs very often then the iPod is probably just a bit better than the Carbon.

tbh the iPod mini is amazing but it doesn't play WMA files

WRONG! :bangin: The iPod mini does play wma as i have got some songs from a cd which are wma format and they work on the iPod mini..yes the battery life does suck and as Swek said they drain themselves wen left idle even when its off..another problem is the sensor gets all twitchy after some use and once in a while the iPod freezes..sometimes the song even changes while ur listenin to anything..and the battery life meter isnt accurate because sometimes my mini goes off and gives the low battery flashin sign.. arrghh the list is endless
in all i think its not a good choice :thumbsdown: go for a creative zen micro or sumthin there are much better options..and over here in dubai u can get a 60 gb iPod for $20 more! :shock: :? its a ripoff