iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations

I don't got New Hampshire. I don't imagine many roadie people do. It does look good though.

I have almost all the content. Just missing a few ovals, but I might do a bulk buy soon and get 100%. New hampshire is pretty tricky in some spots, but I don't like Rovals that much. Rather do something fairly different from the norm.

Just took out the MX-5, and the transmission model makes me rage. Kinda makes me wanna do something different. Skippy anyone?

Does the iRacing pricing structure work in such a way that one can cheaply get into the FinalGear race without really planning to play the game? I understand you buy "seasons" and such but I'd be in on the race if I could just run some practices and participate in a one-time event without spending significant money.

From what I can tell on the iRacing site, one can buy one month for $12 and leave it at that? That's still pretty steep for one race...

For a little background, I have a big-screen TV and G25 but it's really used for my PS3 and GT5. But I do have a gaming-capable PC, so if we had a big scheduled event, I could set that up temporarily.

Does the iRacing pricing structure work in such a way that one can cheaply get into the FinalGear race without really planning to play the game? I understand you buy "seasons" and such but I'd be in on the race if I could just run some practices and participate in a one-time event without spending significant money.

From what I can tell on the iRacing site, one can buy one month for $12 and leave it at that? That's still pretty steep for one race...

For a little background, I have a big-screen TV and G25 but it's really used for my PS3 and GT5. But I do have a gaming-capable PC, so if we had a big scheduled event, I could set that up temporarily.

Keep your eyes peeled for promotions which are great in iRacing. My first month was 5 dollars and it included either a free track or a free car of my choice (there were limited offers but still good, I got a Mazda Star car which goes like stink, haven't raced it yet cos my wheel sucks).

On another note, I got a Leo Bodnar cable in today! I ordered it on the 16th, he shipped on the 20th, and it came in the 21st... from England :D

Now if only the load cell I ordered in May would get here.

The NTM is released. It feels great with the new car. Lots more grip on the ovals, the tyres no longer feel like they are made of grease.

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lo/loz/2011/06/22/iRacingSim_2011-06-23_04-08-12-14_copy.jpg
^Click the Image for Higher res^

Last edited:
What are you feeling with slide recovery? Does it actually make sense now? Or do we still have to guess when the thing is gonna bite?

I happen to be working from home today, so I got online as soon as it was released. The car feels much more stuck to the road. You can feel the slide much sooner. You also feel like your car it actually touching the road. The old model always felt a tad greasy and like there was a very fine layer of air between the tires and the road. Its good. Very good. Also the way temperature affects the tire is more noticable. If you overheat the tires, you can feel the decrease in grip. I can't wait for this to be released for all of the cars.

My vote for the track race would be the MX5 Cup at Okyama short. There won't be too many of us, so the long version might be too much.

You didn't my chance order the PTR Pedals?

I should get a Leo Cable, My wheel is feeling a bit shaky recently. That new top-end fanatec looks the business though...

No I ordered the AP load cell. I didn't know about the PTR pedals. I really like that. The pedals are extended and it has a load cell. 159 was more than I wanted to spend, but the load cell+the increased pivot given by the longer pedals seems like a winning combo. I've almost talked myself into getting that :)