iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations

My vote for the track race would be the MX5 Cup at Okyama short. There won't be too many of us, so the long version might be too much.

I agree with you there. The short one would mean that you aren't that far away from an opponent. I've never been a fan of the long route either...

No I ordered the AP load cell. I didn't know about the PTR pedals. I really like that. The pedals are extended and it has a load cell. 159 was more than I wanted to spend, but the load cell+the increased pivot given by the longer pedals seems like a winning combo. I've almost talked myself into getting that :)

I haven't recieved mine yet, Ordered in march :( Apparently due to be shipped next week (i bloody hope so), else i'll be a very unhappy chappy.

Im loving the new tire model. Took a few laps around Road America with it and I was very impressed. I then did a few practice laps and a race in it at Michigan and I was blown away. It just feels so natural, so planted. On ovals you actually have to turn left to go left now. No sliding anymore and if you do try to slide, your tires are shot.

As for a finalgear race, I think Mazda or skippy (depending on how many of us have it) at okayama short would be best.

Also a new car calls for a brand new paint job. Just finished this up in photoshop and a happy with the results. I tried to make a replica of Carl Edwards' 2011 Nationwide car and I think it came out pretty darn good.

Real Car:
354068e4fb43b5a25ad238408638247a-getty-116730610rr081_alliance_tru.jpg

My car:
r.jpg

xv.jpg

db.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of FG race. You should all try the street stock at okyama short. I had an immense race with the aussie racers. And it's a riot.

The new tyre model then. Haven't really had a true test with it, coz of work and what not, but did a few test runs at RAm. Managed a 2.13.1 but had an optimal of 11.4. Was weird, I couldn't get close to the optimal because of just silly mistakes. Also if you overcook the rears now, I found it very easy to lose the rear. Races will be tough if it does that for all cars. I actually found it still fairly difficult to recover a spin. Like I could feel it going away from me, so I managed to catch the slide... But the snap is still there and I was shot of a few times. It could just be me, but I was struggling with that. I guess I will just keep working at it.

Defo feels better though. I feel I can attack kerbs harder as well now, and the car actually bites when I turn in. Plus the car slows down a tonne better. I like it. Wish they'd throw it on the V8 though just to see what it's like!

Street Stocks at Okyama. I love it.

I can't say enough for the Bodnar cable I ordered. Its much easier to drive cars as I have way more throttle and brake control. I'm also a little more consistent in addition to being faster. It just feels better. I recommend picking one up.

Apparently there is a weird chattering/vibration issue with the new tire model and Logitech wheels (and the T500). Dave said:

Dave Kaemmer said:
Sorry guys--the chattering is not intended; just haven't figured out what the root cause is yet. There are a lot of variables in there, and some of those variables are hardware. I don't get much of the vibration on my G27 at the office, at least not now--it was worse in earlier builds. I wonder if maybe there are different Logitech driver versions that behave differently, since there seem to be those people that have the problem (very pronounced) and those that don't. I will say I prefer to run the FF with some damping in the Logitech profiler. I run 50-60%, although even with it turned off I'm not really feeling the vibration. Maybe my G27 is semi-fried, but it seems to be able to dish out some pretty beefy forces if need be.

Anyway--I know about this and it's at the top of my list. Thanks for the feedback!

I have felt something like that in my fanatec wheel. But I'm not sure if it's that. It isn't strong or anything, but sometimes I just feel it a little bit, and then it'll just disappear. But I'm not bothered. This is a preview, not a final build. It'll be fixed soon enough. I'm having a blast with it round Road America. My setup is a bit to tight I think. Get a bit too much understeer, will try experimenting more tomorrow. Sadly I has work :(

I have a G27 and I haven't felt any chatter. At least nothing distracting or that couldn't be explained by the car's suspension being rough. Although it could be the buttkicker vibrating thats causing me not to notice the wheel. :) I seriously wish they would fix the clattering in the MX5 under braking when the ABS kicks in. That is very distracting.

I seriously wish they would fix the clattering in the MX5 under braking when the ABS kicks in. That is very distracting.

That's on purpose. It's a good way to transmit ABS kick.

EDIT: We're getting TWO Le Mans series next season; fixed and open:

Steve Myers said:
It's that wonderful time of the season again to start thinking about next seasons track schedules. If your interested in influencing the direction of the schedules please go here and join a discussion.

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/forums/show/2711.page

Please try and "elect" a leader in these discussions and come to some kind of consensus of what tracks you want to run by July 6th at which point I will start building the schedules based on your feedback. I reserve the right to make changes of course.

I am going to plan to add the Ford GT and HPD LMP2 car to the Fixed corvette series. I am also going to remove the Radical from the open Vette series and add the Ford GT and HPD LMP2 car to that series. The Radical will get it's own series but I am open to suggestions if you want to add another car to that series.

There may be some other minor tweaks to the series to come but work of what we have for now.

Steve

Fuck I'm an idiot. I just tried to do a race at Okayama in the MX5, without qualifying, starting in the middle. DO NOT DO THIS. That is all.

Last edited:
So the Ford GT and HPD LMP2 will be released at the same time, I'm guessing in week 13? 3 cars. That'll be interesting, but I fear kinda pointless too. I don't think many people (if any) will run the Vette for the first season at all just because of new cars. Still I am excited. I've been wanting both now for ages damnit. And hopefully the NTM will be on all cars by then too. Then iRacing will be even more amazing!

So the Ford GT and HPD LMP2 will be released at the same time, I'm guessing in week 13? 3 cars. That'll be interesting, but I fear kinda pointless too. I don't think many people (if any) will run the Vette for the first season at all just because of new cars. Still I am excited. I've been wanting both now for ages damnit. And hopefully the NTM will be on all cars by then too. Then iRacing will be even more amazing!

Both the new cars are going to have the new tire model. And hints have been popping up that not all cars will get the new model right away. If it turns out that the HPD and the GT have the NTM, but the C6.R doesn't, then the Vette may as well be gone from the service.

June 27,2011 - Four-for-All
The release of iRacing 2.0 may still be a few weeks away, but iRacers can get a jump on some of the content thanks to iRacing?s first ever Four-for-All. That?s right, four exciting features of iRacing 2.0 ?Iowa Speedway and Suzuka International Racing course, the Ford GT and LMP ARX 01c ? are now available for pre-sale. That?s one of America?s finest new speedways, a world class road circuit, an iconic GT machine and one of the fastest sports prototypes ever built. In other words, something for everyone.

The Ford GT is a modern version of the car that defeated mighty Ferrari at Le Mans in the 1960s. How modern, you ask? The iRacing Ford GT is a digital version of the car that David and Andrea Robertson and David Murry piloted to third place in the GTE Am class in the 2011 24 Hour of Le Mans. Better yet, the LMP ARX 01c is based on the Strakka Racing entry that Nick Leventis, Danny Watts and Johnny Kane drove to first place in LMP2 at Le Mans last year.

Featuring iRacing?s first active overpass, Suzuka?s distinctive figure eight layout has been the scene of epic battles featuring the likes of Alain Prost, Ayrton Senna (and Eddie Irvine), Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso in the Japanese Grand Prix. Iowa Speedway?s 7/8 mile oval annually plays host to the IZOD IndyCar Series and Firestone Indy Lights Series, as well as the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and the Nationwide Series, where Josh Wise will be racing his JR Motorsports Chevy in the special iRacing 2.0 livery designed by iRacer Kevin King on August 6.

All four cars and tracks are scheduled to be available in or shortly after the iRacing 2.0 release. But why wait? Take advantage of the iRacing Four-for All pre-sale now! And don?t forget, you receive an automatic 10% discount when purchasing any three pieces content, a discount that grows to 20% with the purchase of six pieces of content . . . and 25% when you purchase content that brings you to 100% of the available cars and tracks. See the Promotions page for full details.

Head on over to our CARS and TRACKS pages and pre-order now!

I am excited :)

It's nice that, when the Star Mazda and Falcon are driving me crazy, I can go have a chill race in the Miata. After not driving it for over 3 months, I do one short practice then get 2nd in a race. Still having trouble getting into the 59s on lime rock though (just barely, running 1:00.3 at best). Also looking forward to next week. As fun as Road Atlanta is, it just kicks my ass in the two aforementioned cars. Mosport will be comparatively relaxing.

And embarrassing question but w/e (I've been out of the loop for months)...which impala is the one with the NTM? Might it be the one for the Carburetor Cup?

It's nice that, when the Star Mazda and Falcon are driving me crazy, I can go have a chill race in the Miata. After not driving it for over 3 months, I do one short practice then get 2nd in a race. Still having trouble getting into the 59s on lime rock though (just barely, running 1:00.3 at best). Also looking forward to next week. As fun as Road Atlanta is, it just kicks my ass in the two aforementioned cars. Mosport will be comparatively relaxing.

And embarrassing question but w/e (I've been out of the loop for months)...which impala is the one with the NTM? Might it be the one for the Carburetor Cup?

The Carb Cup uses the A-Class Sprint Cup car. The NTM is on the B-Class Nationwide car (not the 2009 SS).

And I agree about the Miata. Honestly, I like running the rookie class. Once I get done with the class thats my main focus, I will run the rookie MX5. No setups, tracks I know. Plus being up front in the highest split makes it easier to dodge the melee that will ensue at the first corner of a rookie race.

My previous experience with oval racing has been nothing but horrible. I think I only ever did 2 Legends races and crashed completely out of both, bringing my oval SR to 2.39 rookie (ew). Well today I figured I'd give it another shot because I'd like to work up to some speedway racing. After getting my legends times into the 17s on South Boston, it was time to give a race a go. I knew I wasn't consistent enough at full speed to be competitive, so the idea was to just take it easy and hope everyone else crashed out.

This almost worked. Lo and behold, just 2 laps in, 4 or 5 cars get together. Unfortunately for me, the race had already started out with a poor connection, and it just so happened that cars popped in and out of existence as this wreck happened, so I got picked up in it. No problem, it was a light tap, quick run to the pits and everything was back to normal. Getting back out I'm getting comfortable and putting in steady 18s. And then another collision happens far ahead of me, with one car left spinning in the middle, but I seem ok with a line under the car. Unfortunately, another car ahead trying to go above runs into the spinning car, pushing him down the track to me. I'm stuck and get hit again. I have to spend 2:40 in the pits for necessary repairs, and even after my steering is wonky. But hey, I'm still 8/11 so I keep driving, slowly, giving everyone coming behind me room to pass. Works out well because another collision happens and I finish in 6th AND get positive SR. What a funny racing series.

Legends is tough. Get into the Street Stock ASAP, the racing is much cleaner, and, IMO, it's a more enjoyable car. Plus they have a round at Charlotte and that is a really good intro to speedway racing. One of these days I will buy the late Model and work my way up to Nationwide or something. The old tire model was/is really keeping me from feeling confident about driving on ovals. Even just with the Legends and the Street Stock, it's clear to see the problems are worse going in a circle.

I'll probably work with the street stock until I see what the field looks like after 2.0 goes out. That way I might even qualify for the truck series without the late model, but I'd have to see what the track issue is first (in terms of what to buy) since I wouldn't be dedicating myself to ovals. I plan to focus on the Star Mazda more.

EDIT: First oval podium finish! 2nd place after starting 9th, hell yea! Clean race too. Excellent.

Last edited:
I'll probably work with the street stock until I see what the field looks like after 2.0 goes out. That way I might even qualify for the truck series without the late model, but I'd have to see what the track issue is first (in terms of what to buy) since I wouldn't be dedicating myself to ovals. I plan to focus on the Star Mazda more.

EDIT: First oval podium finish! 2nd place after starting 9th, hell yea! Clean race too. Excellent.

How can you qualify for the Trucks without the LM?