iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations

MadCat360

Forum Addict
Car(s)
*Carless* Waaahhh
I've been playing on iRacing.com for a couple months now, and I feel like we should have a thread dedicated to it. It really is a very comprehensive simulator.

They are currently offering an Indy 500 sign up bonus - 3 months of game time, plus Indianapolis (all laser-scanned road and oval configurations), plus the Dallara IndyCar (total MSRP $63) in addition to the standard content for $32, a 50% savings.

Signing up for the standard content includes:

SCCA Spec Racer Ford
Pontiac Solstice
Legends Ford '34

Laguna Seca
Summit Point
Lime Rock Park

Charlotte Motor Speedway
South Boston
Oxford Plains Speedway
Lanier National Speedway

Optional content includes most of America's notable race tracks, both oval and road courses, and a few European road racing circuits like Zandvoot and Brands Hatch. Many more are on the way including Okayama, Mid Ohio, Zolder, and Oran Park. In all, there are over 40 laser-scanned tracks with over 100 configurations. On the car side, the Ford Mustang FR500S and the Street Stock (oval stock car) are to be the newest additions, with the Mazda MX-5 Cup following soon after, then the Williams FW31 Formula 1 car later on. The Ford Falcon V8 Supercar is the most recent addition.

Mazda-Raceway-Laguna-Seca-Star-Mazda-Race.jpg

Bristol-Motor-Speedwa-y-View-From-Stands-HiRes.jpg

Impala_10.jpg

ss_bs2.jpg

In-Car-Star-Mazda-at-Mazda-Raceway-Laguna-Seca.jpg

cot_cockpit.jpg

Radical_4.jpg

F2000_1.jpg

Corvette_2.jpg

Radical_1.jpg

I've personally been really enjoying it racing the Skip Barber and the Solstice, and soon to be the Mustang (when my wheel decides to work, anyway). It's a little expensive for a video game, but the service is really impeccable. There are 3-month seasons that have you vying for the championship with hundreds of others. The laser scanning is the best reason to sign up, because each track is absolutely pixel perfect. I'm recognizing individual bumps and camber changes both at Laguna Seca and Infineon. Add in Multiclass and hosted racing which allows for any track and car combination, and you've got a really engrossing experience.

Last edited:
I love iRacing, i think it's replaced rFactor as my default sim racing game.

I never thought i would like it, whith it being soo expensive and having what i thought at the time, a snobbish community. But that all changed after i bought a month subscrition to try it, i extended to a year after a few days i loved it soo much.

I'm now up to B Class on both licenses, but i haven't really raced since promotion, being pre-occupied with other things. I'm gonna have to get back into it now i have a new Fanatec GT3 RS Clubsport wheel. It replaced the trusty but tired old G25 i had.

As for favourtie car. I really like the Ford Falcon and the SK Modified. The Falcon seems to be a great car, and since it's used in basically a one make series, it's great for iR. Would love if they added the Holden counterpart. Now to the SK Modified (Wheelen Modified), this is the car i've won most races in (3 out of 4 wins, first was in the Legend Car). It seems more stable than the Monte Carlo Late Model in the same class.

Can't wait for the Ford Mustang, could be a great Multi Class car with the Solstice and 'Vette.

I really want to give it a try but $14 for a month is bloody expensive.
They should offer a trial or something..

They have a few where you can get a track and a car for a bit more w/ 3 months. If you just want the standard sub here's a code that still may work for 3 months @ $18. PRUH9JC8MKD9ZYW9JSMBFXKMR83

Right now I'm C Class, and I just mainly test and have fun especially with the Falcon :)

They used to in the form of the Radical test drive, and that's what I got. It was the Radical SR-8 and Silverstone included for a 1-month free trial.

They still run it, but it costs five dollars. Worth it IMO, even if you have to buy the Daytona Prototype to race it (you can test privately to your heart's content), because the DP runs with it in a multiclass setup and iRacing haven't figured out how to let you race against a car without owning it.

That will get you hooked and then you will have to subscribe full time or you will be a very, very sad panda. Once you see all the features I think you'll think it's worth it. That's what happened to me anyway.

Last edited:
Looks awesome, but the cars don't really interest me. Wish they had a broad grand-am selection. I'd buy a subscription if I could drive a grand am RX8. :)

lulz

(not me)

There's been a lot of collision weirdness going in the last couple weeks.

Last edited:
Here's a screenshot i took from a replay of a practice session.

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lo/loz/2010/05/30/iRacingSim_2010-05-30_21-28-45-65.jpg

So do you choose from certain color combos or do you get to make your own liveries for your cars?

Correct. You can use some of the preset styles, but change the colours on the site. Or you can download templates for any car and make your own, though i think this is mainly for leagues where members usually have dedicated skins and so on.

Here is the site colour chooser.

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lo/loz/2010/05/30/iR_colour_thingie.jpg

Last edited:
ugh.. I so want to try it out. So you can do multiple monitors? Is that an option in the game, or does it require something special to be done?

Man that looks sweet... but I'd never be able to get over the 2 black stripes.

I have been using iRacing for a bit now and love it! It is well worth the money!

Thats actually what I was thinking about doing. Borrowing a couple of monitors from work, doing a triple screen set up. Probably get my brother to ship me my Logitech DriveFX wheel (GT4) and the cockpit I made. Get a PC with 2 video cards that would be dedicated to just iRacing.. be good to go. THe most expensive part of my plan would be the shipping of the cockpit from Alabama to Cali.

alienware_screen.jpg

You said? :)

Also, didn't know you could skin your own liveries, definitely a plus.
I didn't hear from Radical yet for my promotion code but I decided that after my exams I'm definitely going to give it a 3 month try.

Last edited:
Black stripes would be so worth the extra field of view, but I couldn't sink enough money into this game to really enjoy it. I still use my Driving Force, after all, as long as it works with GT5! (and it had better).

On my list of things to do "some day"...

I didn't hear from Radical yet for my promotion code but I decided that after my exams I'm definitely going to give it a 3 month try.

Try this link, it's got a bunch of promo codes that should still work, including the Radical one (it's not a personalized code). I would've mentioned it sooner but I only just found it.

Please do enter my email as the referral if you're going to get 3 months. madcat360 (at) att (dot) net

Last edited: