iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations

Just finnished my first drive with the Solstice in practice mode, damn Laguna Seca is epic.. Corkscrew is seriously scary compared to other games, I had to relearn entry and exit on about every turn and I'm not smooth yet. It's insanely realistic though except when you take off (I disabled auto clutch but I can't stall the car :/)

To MadCat, hope you got your credits ;)

Yeah, they have yet to get a realistic transmission model in the game. Just disable the clutch and don't use it and just flat shift with paddles/buttons, it's faster. The sensation of going through the corkscrew is pretty similar to real life - in real life when you go through there it seems like your entire windshield fills up with road, just after you drop off the earth.

They'll get the credits to me eventually, no rush.

According to UPS my replacement Fanatec will get here tomorrow afternoon, so I'll finally be back in business - just in time for Brands Hatch in the Skippy.

Clubsport wheel?

The clubsport pedals, yeah. I have the Turbo S. The CSP are so finely tuned you can almost make single puffs of lockup smoke appear at will. Outbraking people is a breeze. Best pedal set I know of.

The wheel, on the other hand, is a good wheel, but it breaks a lot.

Last edited:
The clubsport pedals, yeah. I have the Turbo S. The CSP are so finely tuned you can almost make single puffs of lockup smoke appear at will. Outbraking people is a breeze. Best pedal set I know of.

The wheel, on the other hand, is a good wheel, but it breaks a lot.

I am considering getting a new wheel, eventually. Fantec was my first choice (I love Porsches), but after hearing your troubles, I'm not sure. Maybe the G27 wheel. I have a Logitech GT Driving Force Pro (well its in Alabama with my brother).

I am considering getting a new wheel, eventually. Fantec was my first choice (I love Porsches), but after hearing your troubles, I'm not sure. Maybe the G27 wheel. I have a Logitech GT Driving Force Pro (well its in Alabama with my brother).

I'd just go with the G27 honestly. You can get them for 230 plus shipping, and the wheel itself will probably be more reliable with hardly of drop in smoothness and noise (the new gear system is very smooth and quiet). The pedals can be upgraded with a load cell brake just like the clubsports and I'm told the shifter feels more realistic. If I had to do it over again I'd get the G27. The only reason really to buy a Fanatec is the Xbox compatibility, and even that's not really a huge loss since it's basically just Forza that you're missing - the rest are on PS3 and PC also.

Last edited:
I had a bit of trouble adapting to the Clubsport pedals, mainly because of the brake not being linear like the G25. I do like the GT3RS wheel though, especially all the extra buttons the G25 didn't have.

I took me a while also because there is less travel in the pedal itself. I still use my G25 wheel though couldn't afford the extra $100 for the wheel :(

Replacement wheel works good. Appears to be a revision... there is no right side mic jack. Could have reliability upgrades. At least, that's what I hope.

Brands Hatch in the Skippy is a bitch. I'm amazed I completed my first race this week without spinning, and I even managed to gain 3 spots.

http://img25.imageshack.**/img25/8251/skippybrands2010s2races.jpg

Red and black car with the yellow nose cone near the back.

Has anyone tried the new split timing thing yet? I just used it and after a lap to figure it out I instantly took 6 tenths off my best time at Brands. I wish I had one of these on my kart. In case you don't know you just press tab, and keep pressing tab to cycle through what to compare it to or turn it off after a few cycles.

Last edited:
Have done a few races yesterday and today, and I enjoy it more and more. Just can't nail the last corner on Lime Rock yet.. :p

Have done a few races yesterday and today, and I enjoy it more and more. Just can't nail the last corner on Lime Rock yet.. :p

Solstice? Tap the brake and have a wide entry and just miss clipping the inside curb.

Really? I remember just lifting about 70%. But that was a while ago.

I tapped the brake just a bit, but then again last time I drove that turd was last August :lol: Could have been lift I'd have to drive the car on the track again to remember.

Last edited:
^ could also be that you got a better exit out of turn 6 "West Bend" than I did. I wasn't very fast back then, I'm still not. Brands is still kicking my ass. I've had to really soften up the rear end, reduce the rake and increase pressures all around just to be able to keep it on the road for a race distance.

A very cool laser scanning video. About time they showed us how all that works.

Last edited:
I don't have Brands, but the Skippy frustrates me a lot with the rear of the car especially...

Just won my first race event in the Solstice :D thanks for the lifting 70% on turn 7 tip, it improved my times with 1 second per lap :D

Just won my first race event in the Solstice :D thanks for the lifting 70% on turn 7 tip, it improved my times with 1 second per lap :D

Congratz! :D

I used to love dominating in Legends..Until I started racing with the big boys it was scary :D

I signed up finally. The good part: I love it. The physics are great, better than I imagined they'd be. And the game looks pretty good too. I mean, Forza and GT5 look better, Gt4 looked better.. but its good enough for racing. I like it a lot.
bad part: I don't have a steering wheel. Its still on its way from Alabama, so I am using an Xbox 360 controller. The triggers are both mapped to the Z axis, so I can use them for braking and acceleration like I can in Forza. I have a weird set up. Right trigger brake. Left on the right thumb stick is for acceleration. I'm getting okay at balancing it out, but have yet to make a clean lap on anything with this setup. But its still fun trying.

I'm not going to do any races until I get the wheel. I'll do no one favors driving on track with other cars while I have this gamepad. Its all just test sessions till then.

Look for me. Seth Reid.

Congraturations! You must spread some more victory champagne before giving it to Jens again.

I signed up finally. The good part: I love it. The physics are great, better than I imagined they'd be. And the game looks pretty good too. I mean, Forza and GT5 look better, Gt4 looked better.. but its good enough for racing. I like it a lot.
bad part: I don't have a steering wheel. Its still on its way from Alabama, so I am using an Xbox 360 controller. The triggers are both mapped to the Z axis, so I can use them for braking and acceleration like I can in Forza. I have a weird set up. Right trigger brake. Left on the right thumb stick is for acceleration. I'm getting okay at balancing it out, but have yet to make a clean lap on anything with this setup. But its still fun trying.

I'm not going to do any races until I get the wheel. I'll do no one favors driving on track with other cars while I have this gamepad. Its all just test sessions till then.

Look for me. Seth Reid.

I have a Spec Racer setup for you that should make the car drivable and still reasonably fast for when your wheel arrives. I was able to get it into a mid 1:42 around Laguna. Not world record pace, but I bet it can do a 1:41. Place it in your documents/iRacing/setups/specracer folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ly3l4ywmwdz

Last edited: