iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations

First month ran out... Didn't get nearly as much racing done as I had hoped.
And now I'm in the dilemma of renewing and seeing half of my month subscription wasted, because I'll be playing F1 2010, or to renew and keep practising.
In any scenario, I'll come back to iRacing cos it's a lot of fun :D

You just gotta do more racing. Thats the only way to get good at it. How is F1, btw?

It's coming out in about 10 days if I'm not mistaken.. that's why I'm reluctant to get a full month of subscription if I'm only gonna race 10 days and then be on the "F1 zone" for another 20 ^^
I thought maybe I just wait F1 2010 out, then when I get tired of that, come back to iRacing

It's coming out in about 10 days if I'm not mistaken.. that's why I'm reluctant to get a full month of subscription if I'm only gonna race 10 days and then be on the "F1 zone" for another 20 ^^
I thought maybe I just wait F1 2010 out, then when I get tired of that, come back to iRacing

Sounds like a good plan. I want to try F1 2010, but my computer isn't the fastest thing in the world. I have a lot of iRacing turned off, but then again I have 3 screens which add its own unique load. Let us know how it is.

From iRacing Member Site.

"iRacing continued its Japanese expansion with today?s announcement that Twin Ring Motegi, Suzuka Circuit and Tsukuba Circuit will join Okayama International Circuit on its growing list of global racing facilities. In addition, iRacing will also be augmenting its line-up of virtual race cars with the Mazda Roadster and MX-5 Cup racing cars. The announcement was made by iRacing president, Tony Gardner, in conjunction with this weekend?s running of the Japan 300 IZOD IndyCar Series race at Twin Ring Motegi.

?When we announced last spring that Okayama was joining iRacing, we promised there would be more tracks and cars of particular interest to our Japanese members,? Gardner said. ?Now we?re pleased to announce that our members in Japan, and elsewhere in the world, will be able to compete themselves with other drivers in Japan and elsewhere in the world on exact virtual versions of the tracks that are home to Japan?s two most important races, this weekend?s Japan 300 and next month?s Japanese Grand Prix, in precise digital versions of the Dallara Indy car and AT&T Williams FW31 grand prix car. Tsukuba Circuit is popular with Japanese drivers, who enjoy its demanding technical nature, and we believe our members world-wide will enjoy driving on our virtual version.?

According to Gardner, the AT&T Williams FW31 and the Mazdas will be available to iRacing members later this fall, and the four Japanese tracks will be available during the course of the next year."

From iRacing Member Site.

"iRacing continued its Japanese expansion with today?s announcement that Twin Ring Motegi, Suzuka Circuit and Tsukuba Circuit will join Okayama International Circuit on its growing list of global racing facilities. In addition, iRacing will also be augmenting its line-up of virtual race cars with the Mazda Roadster and MX-5 Cup racing cars. The announcement was made by iRacing president, Tony Gardner, in conjunction with this weekend?s running of the Japan 300 IZOD IndyCar Series race at Twin Ring Motegi.

?When we announced last spring that Okayama was joining iRacing, we promised there would be more tracks and cars of particular interest to our Japanese members,? Gardner said. ?Now we?re pleased to announce that our members in Japan, and elsewhere in the world, will be able to compete themselves with other drivers in Japan and elsewhere in the world on exact virtual versions of the tracks that are home to Japan?s two most important races, this weekend?s Japan 300 and next month?s Japanese Grand Prix, in precise digital versions of the Dallara Indy car and AT&T Williams FW31 grand prix car. Tsukuba Circuit is popular with Japanese drivers, who enjoy its demanding technical nature, and we believe our members world-wide will enjoy driving on our virtual version.?

According to Gardner, the AT&T Williams FW31 and the Mazdas will be available to iRacing members later this fall, and the four Japanese tracks will be available during the course of the next year."

I like Tsukuba a lot. Suzuka is cool too, but it can be daunting. I'd love to see the SRFs run there, but alas, they won't. Same goes with the Miata.

Well, Okayama is going to be a free track, remember, so maybe they will run that.

That news has me excited. I haven't been on iRacing recently, but I'll definitely have to start again whenever they get those tracks out. I used to hate Suzuka (mostly because it has a history of kicking my ass), but I've come to appreciate it more through GT5P.

I just signed up for iRacing a few weeks ago, still groping around and trying to get my bearings. So far I'm enjoying it though. It's the first racing game since NFS: Porsche Unleashed that I've really liked. I'm just working on getting out of rookie on the oval tracks for now. I've done a few Laguna Seca practices, but I don't know that track well enough to feel comfortable racing there yet. My LPI on Laguna Seca is sub 1.00 still :)

iRacing is killing me right now. I've crashed out of my last 3 races and I keep fucking spinning. WTF is wrong with me? Driving that POS Mazda ain't helping. I should drop that car completely.

I haven't run the Star Mazda in a race, only testing, but I find it's on rails. Maybe I don't push it as hard, but I find it's a lot nicer to drive then some of the other cars. Just take a break, relax, come back tomorrow I find is the best way.

I never knew how awesome Watkins Glen is. Such an awesome track. I got it yesterday. Did about 15 practice laps in the Prototype. Did a qualifying run, somehow got on pole position for the race, and then had a perfect race. No incidents, no mistakes, to take the win. Was amazingly awesome!

The Star Mazda?

Yer.

I haven't run the Star Mazda in a race, only testing, but I find it's on rails. Maybe I don't push it as hard, but I find it's a lot nicer to drive then some of the other cars. Just take a break, relax, come back tomorrow I find is the best way.

*sigh* yeah, but this has been going on for two weeks now.

The Mazda is great, up to the limit (like pretty much all iRacing cars save a few). Once it gets sliding it's impossible. If you have the back end step out under power say goodbye. If you try to correct it you'll just snap the other way, and if you just zero the steering to ride it out you'll spin even if you get off the power. It's insanely frustrating. I like to watch these cars on TV and in two years of doing so I've never seen anything like that happen, and I've seen a few biblical slides in that series.

Need. New. Tire. Model.

Last edited:
The Mazda is great, up to the limit (like pretty much all iRacing cars save a few). Once it gets sliding it's impossible. If you have the back end step out under power say goodbye. If you try to correct it you'll just snap the other way, and if you just zero the steering to ride it out you'll spin even if you get off the power. It's insanely frustrating. I like to watch these cars on TV and in two years of doing so I've never seen anything like that happen, and I've seen a few biblical slides in that series.

Need. New. Tire. Model.

Yeah. The tire model will help. I've read on the iR forums that there is an issue with the rear end. A lot of people complaining that you can't touch a rumble strip or the rear end will go around. The real cars don't do that. I have the SM, but I haven't tried it much yet.

When is the new tire model meant to come?

I just gave away a bloody win. Was leading comfortably in a skippy race. Then I downshifted twice instead of once... blew engine.. spun out. Reset back to pits and managed to finish in 3rd. I'm annoyed.

Le Williams isn't going to help.

You can turn teh knobs!!!

I know. Its so broken :) I was curious how the FW31 would do against the Dallara.. I see its light years ahead. The Dallara probably would be a good oval car from now on. But you already have the COT for A Oval. Maybe make the Dallara a Road/Oval series.

When is the new tire model meant to come?

Soon (TM).

If it comes for season 4 2010 I'll be surprised. The F1 and the MX-5 are being released then, a new tire model to boot would be overload. Heads would explode.

They'll probably take their time and do it season 1 or 2 2011.

A Formula One light years away from an Indy car.. what a surprise xD

In terms of lap time it'll probably be about 5 seconds quicker around Laguna. Probably more at a really fast track like Mosport.

Last edited:
A Formula One light years away from an Indy car.. what a surprise xD

I know suprisingly little about F1. To me, they are both fast, open wheel cars. I'm only, now, learning differences and history of F1.