iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations

there were 37 splits. The one I was in I got wrecked. I was the second car in line behind the leader and it was single file. coming out of turn 4 the guy who was leading just spins out all on his own and collects half the field including me. He had a D class license so he had no superspeedway experience before. What I want to know is how do you lose the car by yourself at Daytona? Its the easiest track to drive when your alone

Last edited:
The bumps are tough I find on Daytona. Talledega is much easier because it's just so smooth in comparision. Plus if he's knew and only a D license, then he's probably not the greatest of drivers....

Well after a few months of break, I'm back into iRacing. I don't have the tracks the Star Mazda is currently running, so I am doing Nvidia cup and I tell you, it is damn annoying being unable to get through a race without being run into. I can go a whole TT and Quali session without getting an Inc (maybe an off track here or there), but people love running into me during races. I have to keep my SR above 4.0 so I can get my C license when I get back around to the Star Mazda, but I don't want to relegate myself to only doing quali and tt.

EDIT: The man upstairs must have heard me. Got my win!:mrgreen:

Last edited:
^ grats!

I just had my closest win in my iRacing career. 0.008 seconds!

It was a really hard fight all the way. Body contact a couple of times, but all 0x. Really good racing. I want to make a video of it.

Last edited:
Awesome! Cheevos are something a core group in the community (including myself) have been pushing for.

This is good. It's the next step in adding long-term competition goals to iRacing.

And a free track is sweeeet.

In other news, February saw the most sign ups in a month since iRacing started, at 2,370. The previous best was December 2010, at 2,296. Of course, there's the free Skip Barber promotion to account for there, but they've had free deals i nthe past and the numbers never got this high.

Last edited:
Great news there, but also got me thinking.

1) It would be nice to be able to try out tracks and cars before buying. I'm not really interested in buying something I won't end up using much.

2) Be able to spectate any event, not just those you have the cars and tracks for. This of course would require downloading the content, but if it still requires payment to unlock for use, seems like a fine idea to me.

Those are just small things though. With so much new content on its way (several tracks and multiple cars), I wonder if they'll consider lowering prices. Even a year ago there was a small fortune required to buy everything, and it is just getting worse. Just last summer I could have gotten away with running a Star Mazda season after buying just a handful of tracks. This season, though, 10/12 tracks are ones I don't have, and all 12 of them are pay for tracks. That is money not easy to come by for a poor college student like me.

Still, I'm excited for a free Okayama, and I'll probably buy Suzuka whether I race on it or not, so I'm excited.

They've already lowered the prices twice. When the service launched cars were $20 and tracks were $25. They then lowered it to $12/$15. Then they dropped the subscription rates by 30%, and a few months ago they dropped 6 bucks off the 3-month plan.

iRacing as a whole is in the black now. I think you will see older tracks that aren't too popular (due to scheduling) becoming free before you see an overall price drop.

You're right, and I should show my appreciation for what they have already done. They gave me two months free in the fall after I didn't renew my subscription from the summer, and that definitely kept me driving, so I think them for that.

I didn't mean to imply you're ungrateful, just that they've already dropped the prices fairly recently and I wouldn't expect them to do it again for a year or so. I do think they'll have to eventually, though. They got 10,000 new subscribers since October last year. The growth is really picking up steam but it's gonna plateau if they don't reduce the overall cost of the service eventually - with more and more content being added, 100% content is getting more expensive all the time.

Last edited:
Achievements??
I thought that the whole community got pissed if you classified iRacing as a game, and not as a sim. This is labeling it a game. Achievements are plaguing games and are unnecessary. Your rank and wins and stuff is enough achievement in iRacing I believe.

Also what Spitfire meant is... being able to spectate like going to a real race and sitting on the stands or whatever, on tracks you don't own.
That could bring the cost of servers up though.

In other news, I just can't make my peace with the MX-5. There's something I'm doing wrong cos I was more competitive with the Solstice (up in the top 1/4 of the drivers in practice sessions and quali)
It's time to get a serious wheel too but I'm sort of broke.

Last edited:
Post a replay up. Might be able to help you.

There's a lot coming for iRacing it seems. I want LMP2 now! And the Ford GT! Also news of night racing at probably Sebring first! Thats exciting. Knowing iRacing it will take ages though. But thats ok, I'm still exciting as ever! Plus if it takes really long, BF3 will keep me company I'm sure...

Achievements??
In other news, I just can't make my peace with the MX-5. There's something I'm doing wrong cos I was more competitive with the Solstice (up in the top 1/4 of the drivers in practice sessions and quali)
It's time to get a serious wheel too but I'm sort of broke.

Funny that you mention that because I'm the exact opposite. I am supremely comfortable in the MX-5, but taking a turn in the Solstice more often then not puts me sideways and/or into a wall.

I haven't tried the Solstice since the big tyre model change, mind you. I might suck with it now (in fact I'm pretty sure I do xD)

The solstice is way easier now. So much grip it's just unreal. I shaved of about 4 seconds at lime rock on my first outing with it. Shame the gearbox is awful though, otherwise it could be quite a good car.

More details and Kevin Bobbitt has a tail:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXIFDJWE-tg&feature=feedu[/youtube]

Yeah, it does, but it's not gameplay. That's definitely the real car from some sort of onboard.