iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations

That fuel box drives me nuts. Can be quite annoying in long distance races if you haven't done much long distance practice lol. Which I never do. Practice for me is always about finding more speed. Then when it's race time, it's like.. err, shit, how much? Then just random guess, hope for the best. Grand Am races are typically the same for 50 minute races. 80 minutes I'm always doing 1 stop regardless, and just guess how much to put it when the time comes lol.

Yeah the fuel box won't get it right if you just spawn in pit lane and look. You need to do 2 or 3 laps at high speed to get it dialed in. Curse you realistic fuel consumption!

The iRacing servers are getting owned for the QA race. So much for infrastructure upgrades.

The iRacing servers are getting owned for the QA race. So much for infrastructure upgrades.
Clearly they need someone with server infrastructure expirence. I'm on my way :) If only. I'd love to work in their server farm just to see how it all works.

I would have loved to have raced in that QA race, but 6am is far too early to be waking up on a Sunday :D

Was pretty nuts seeing like >20 (sometimes >30) people in a practice session. You kinda expect that in oval racing and with the Daytona stuff...but with track racing? Nuts.

They didn't really think it through. If they included aussies as well it coulda been even bigger. But 6am for aus/ 8am for nz, ha! No chance many will get up for that, especially on a sunday!

You guys needn't have worried. They cancelled the race due to the high likelyhood of people getting left out and having substantial iRating impact, like at the Daytona race last time.

Hope they get it sorted for Indy. I'm really keen to do the 500. Even at a ridiculous time of the morning. Kinda wish they'd do what they did with Petit le Mans with two races.

I thought the race was just delayed an hour, and they cancelled the irating/safety racing impact.

Yes, I have basically stopped running iRacing this season just waiting for the NTM. I'm a bit disappointed it's only being released on one car, but No big deal. Still plan to test like crazy once it's out regardless of car. And it'll be interesting to see how peoples pace changes if it does what they say it will.

Get back at 4:50 from getting new tires for the race car, hop on iRacing in the MX-5 to practice Road Atlanta Short for 20 minutes, hop in GT Cup's first race of the week an' WIN. Like a boss.

tumblr_lkt4xnSnjb1qbhq07.png

PS, I'm clearing my schedule for Wednesday night forums shenanigans. NTM release should be fun.

Last edited:
Nice!

Road Atlanta is by far my favourite track in the service. Combine it with a Lotus 79 and it's just all kinds of awesome! Really wish they'd let the Grand Am series loose there. Mite have to try a race or two in the GT Cup.
Wednesday will be an exciting time! I'm expecting complaints as people are going to be slower (hopefully) and not able to manage there tyres well.

We still need to get together for a Finalgear Forum Race. :) Whos down? I'll even spring the big money for a hosted sessions :D

Me too! What car should we run? Solstice? MX-5? Legends?!

I wish the Legends road series was still going. I got into the Legends road action too late for official races. :( The car is already really excellent with the current tire model, with the new one it will be stellar.

Keen for anything really. Not really a fan of the MX5's gearbox, but i'll still give it a bash! What track?!?

Well, if we're doing the Mazdas, then Mazda raceway is a choice. But if we all have some more "interesting" (by interesting I mean not used in the rookie or D series for the MX5) tracks I'd prefer to use them. VIR is good in the MX5s. As is Infineon.

I just worked out that I spend about 12 hours training for 1 hour of real green flag racing currently. iRacing is a massive chunk of that.