iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations

Woo!

I'm still waiting for Thunderhill.

And according to the Thunderhill staff I talked to, I'll be waiting a long long time.

They're not interested eh? Seems weird. It doesn't really hurt the track to get more exposure...

They're not interested eh? Seems weird. It doesn't really hurt the track to get more exposure...

I get the impression that Thunderhill reached out to iRacing, and the response from iRacing was that it was "a very low priority". This sorta makes sense when you put Thunderhill up against Bathurst and other tracks that most people have heard of.

Just picked up the star mazda, mid-ohio and road atlanta. Slowly working towards all the content.

The star mazda is a great car.

Finally picked up the Lotus 79 plus the Ford GT and a few tracks.

Damn is that thing fun

I ran a real SRF at the real Laguna Seca this weekend. Its similar, but also a little different than the iRacing car. I'm working on a blog post about the differences.

Writing? My blog looks like a giant white wall of pure mocking, just waiting for me to begin and erase, begin an ease, over and over and over and over, all the while laughing at me.

Yeah, writer's block.

Its been unofficially announce, but the SRF is being dropped from the iRNC (rookie series) and is getting its own SRF-only D-class series! :D

Just picked up the Williams, the Corvette, the Falcon, the Mustang, the B class/ national car, and oulton park.

The F1 car is insanely fast, at slower paces it's easy to drive but to actually put some good times in... well that's far above my driving ability. The corvette is a lot like the Ford GT mixed with the caddie. The Mustang, Falcon and b class/ national are alright but not my cup of tea.

That being said I'm glad I got the B class/ national before iracing separates them.

Also been trying this ispeed app, which is decent and multi platform

Last edited:
iSpeed is really nice. I bought a 7" LCD monitor to use just for iSpeed. Its like a little gauge cluster. :)

Tell you what, actually finishing an official superspeedway race instead of wrecking out feels good but winning the thing by a nose is a pretty amazing feeling
7190069.jpg

If anyone is interested in trying iRacing for free and getting some free content, Cadillac is offering 6 months free plus three free tracks (in addition to the base content package) for new members. just sign up here.

https://cadillaccupracing.com/

Free tracks are Mid-Ohio, Mosport and Sonoma Raceway (Infineon).

I visited the site, but didn't gather many details on the offer. Is there an obligation to pay for a month after the 6 months are up? Or is this 6 months free and clear and if you like it, you're more than welcome to pay for more?

I visited the site, but didn't gather many details on the offer. Is there an obligation to pay for a month after the 6 months are up? Or is this 6 months free and clear and if you like it, you're more than welcome to pay for more?

No obligation. Just go to your account and disable auto-renew. You will have to enter a credit card for name verification though.

Thanks, wasn't sure on that and didn't want to sign up only to find out I had to pay. While 6 months is a long time, I've been out of work for over a year now, so didn't want to chance it.