iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations

I spent some time cleaning up my desk/cockpit area. I ended up moving the monitors closer to my face, and I lined up the view distance with my monitor. I've been sitting back wayyyy to far in game (POV). I like the new position. It took a while to get used to, but the SRF feels even better with the movement.

Also, I had bought the G35 headset to use, as the last one broke. This caused me to have to disconnect the buttkicker, but I found some software called X-sim that will allow the buttkicker to be driven off of the physics engine and now the sound. I've almost got it working. I can't wait to see what thats like. Current set up pics:

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

So I must say the New Ford GT remodel is amazing, it's a much better car to drive. Interlagos is a great addition to the service, it's nice to have another F1 track. And with the new McLaren the GT classes are alive again.

I'm getting two more monitors, working my towards a better iracing set-up bit by bit. While it won't have a racing seat and A-frame for the wheel quite yet, I'll still post pictures.

So we have a few of us on the game again (4 to be exact), to anyone who wants to play but doesn't want to pay. Here is a great promo https://cadillaccupracing.com/

Also the new V8 Supercars sound amazing

Hopefully the lotus 49 comes soon
[video=youtube;_G3--NfY3PQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_G3--NfY3PQ&list=UUPEcqkRG-kf2Vk6Rn_2WZSQ[/video]

Last edited:
How does one customize cars in iRacing?

On an off note, I now have 100% of the content on iRacing.

That trading paints is awesome, if only I knew how to make stuff for it.

Anyways lately I've been running the Corvette. With the updates it's not too bad I car. I took part in both Indy 500s and crashed out of both Indy 500s. Lots of bad drivers there.

Just for fun I decided to do a miata race to raise my safety rating 0.03. Well turns out no matter how slow those rookies are they with block with their car, so I lost 0.29.

We should try to organize a session with the FG members here that play iRacing in the next few weekends.

Last edited:
I haven't been able to race anything recently because I don't trust my internet to hold up. But I have done lots of practice sessions just for shits n giggles. Mostly the DP. Still enjoy that car the most.

I haven't driven the Vette since before the NTM even came out. Shows just how long it's been really for iRacing to get a move on with updates. I'm keen for a session sometime.

We should try to organize a session with the FG members here that play iRacing in the next few weekends.

+1

Would be cool.

I've seen cdbob on a lot.
I started driving the Ford GT in the GT Challenge series. I sorta like being in the slower class and having to deal with the Corvettes passing you. Also, the FGT can be faster than the MP4-12C cars, which is interesting to me as well.

I have to say, I like the longer 45 minute races of the C class. I look forward to trying one of the 65 minute races of B. There is a little more strategy.

Just for fun I decided to do a miata race to raise my safety rating 0.03. Well turns out no matter how slow those rookies are they with block with their car, so I lost 0.29.

This is why I decided that my money was better employed elsewhere... the rookie part of the "experience" is not about racing, it's about doing 10 laps without crashing or going off circuit just to get your safety rating up, and it was too boring...

I've seen cdbob on a lot.
I started driving the Ford GT in the GT Challenge series. I sorta like being in the slower class and having to deal with the Corvettes passing you. Also, the FGT can be faster than the MP4-12C cars, which is interesting to me as well.

I have to say, I like the longer 45 minute races of the C class. I look forward to trying one of the 65 minute races of B. There is a little more strategy.

The GT Challenge series is great, on tuesday night we had nearly 20 Vettes on. But regardless of what class you run every car is good in the series. This week is Brands Hatch and it's pretty fun. Also because the cars are faster and aren't included you don't get rookies/ bad racers in practice sessions or races.

The GT Challenge series is great, on tuesday night we had nearly 20 Vettes on. But regardless of what class you run every car is good in the series. This week is Brands Hatch and it's pretty fun. Also because the cars are faster and aren't included you don't get rookies/ bad racers in practice sessions or races.

That explains it. I noticed that everyone seems much calmer, careful, and considered, but at the same time, the racing is better. D-class races, for me, have been hit or miss. The three or four GTC races I did were lots of fun. Good hard racing, but clean racing. With 3 Sebring races, my SR went from 3.31 to 3.92. I got about 0.26 SR per race.

Indy Car at the Glen with fixed setups I went from 12th to 3rd. Made a few passes on the outside felt like a boss! :cool:

Indy Car at the Glen with fixed setups I went from 12th to 3rd. Made a few passes on the outside felt like a boss! :cool:

I was 0.7 off your pace in the Indy Car, granted the lap didn't count for some reason (maybe I went a tad wide.) The Indycar is fun but still too fast for me, this week in the Vette at the Glen I ran a 1:42.2 best lap with a 1:41.4 optimal. We'll see if I can improve that at all with some practice.

I managed a 1.31.6 at Watkins in the Indy with fixed setup and high fuel. Entered a race but got wrecked early on... Annoying but what can ya do sometimes?

So iRacing has just released the Lotus 49. Anyone picked it up yet? Thoughts?

Also Montreal is here. Looks fantastic I must say. Haven't had a chance to drive anything recently, but I'm trying to get back into it!

So iRacing has just released the Lotus 49. Anyone picked it up yet? Thoughts?

Also Montreal is here. Looks fantastic I must say. Haven't had a chance to drive anything recently, but I'm trying to get back into it!

The 49 is almost impossible to drive. I've never seen so many people spin in a server (was in a group of 10 cars a that long first turn at Mosport and literally everyone spun.) So it's meh.

Long Beach is nice to have, not my favorite track, but it's nice to have.

Montreal... is something I've been waiting a while to have. I'm amazing; a must buy.

This season the car to race is the Radical. David Scott2 and a bunch of vette guys have switched to this series. Seriously try it on Road Atlanta this week, right now it's easily the best car in iRacing.