Iran Claims US Stealth Drone downed (NATO Confirms)

Are they displaying that thing on a basketball court?

The more I think about it the more I think it is a model or a hastily reassembled drone they found crashed.
My reasoning is that several years ago the Iranians took hostage a Royal Navy team doing boarding ops off the coast of Iraq. They grabbed the crew and the boat that was supposed to take them back to their frigate. They locked up the crew but paraded the boat around Tehran and let journalist crawl over the thing and proclaimed it as some kind of great victory. It was really kind of pathetic, it was a standard ships boat nothing special about it but listening to the official story it was a big deal.
So now they have a US drone, a much bigger win for them so how come they are not letting anyone see it or releasing any decent pics?

I was thinking more of the irony.

Come folks, admire our fresh imperialist drone - on our basketball court. Pay no mind that basketball is an American sport.

It's like serving falafel at your "i hate Persians" press conference.

I think these circumstances are rather different. This drone was used to spy on Iran (most likely) and the idea of asking for it back seems a little ridiculous. If Iran was somewhat of an ally, or at least had some diplomatic relations with the U.S, it would have been a different story. Like when the U.S. asked Pakistan to return the helicopter that crashed during the OBL raid.

The Iranians are not going to give it back. I'm just saying it isn't so silly of an ideafor the US to ask for it back.

I wonder how much actual information the RQ-170 actually stores on board. I bet it streams all data it receives real time, that way there's nothing left behind.

The Iranians are not going to give it back. I'm just saying it isn't so silly of an ideafor the US to ask for it back.

Oh yeah, I agree...asking is better than what Dick Cheney suggested.....a military strike to destroy it.

Oh yeah, I agree...asking is better than what Dick Cheney suggested.....a military strike to destroy it.

How you figure? If I were in charge of drone ops, first priority would be to find where the bird was downed/crashed, and have an MQ-9 enroute ASAP to hellfire the thing into next week. It's not like the thing came down in times square (or the iranian equivalent.)

How you figure? If I were in charge of drone ops, first priority would be to find where the bird was downed/crashed, and have an MQ-9 enroute ASAP to hellfire the thing into next week. It's not like the thing came down in times square (or the iranian equivalent.)

Then you are firing weapons on their sovereign soil. If China did the same over here would you shrug it off?

^my thoughts exactly. Surely that would be classified as an "act of war"

I'm sure they know exactly where the drone is, wouldn't be surprised to see it 'lost in transit' en route to China.

I'm sure they know exactly where the drone is, wouldn't be surprised to see it 'lost in transit' en route to China.

That's what happens when you illegally send a spy plane over someone's border.

That's what happens when you illegally send a spy plane over someone's border.
In our defense all spying is illegal, and everyone else does it too. Trouble starts when such operations are compromised. That said, if Iran indeed has the drone, and provided it did not force it into its own territory and then brought down - finders keepers.