Iron Fist (Netflix Marvel)

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
I know nothing about this guy. All i know is Rosario Dawson turns up... Because of course she does.

Remember how shitty Luke Cageseses last few episodes were? I hope that doesn't happen again.

This is bad.
Like, really bad.
For someone that spent 15 years training, in a pretty special monastery, and is capable of controlling that kind of power, Danny Rand is pretty unimpressive.
He fights like someone that barely has any training, has no control over his emotions, takes stupid decisions and generally acts like he is still a kid.
Those monks must suck.

Yeah, they really dropped the ball with this one.
The fight scenes are Buffy the Vampire Slayer level. That was fine for its time, I don't know how they fucked this up so badly.
Would have it been so hard to just hire some veterans of the Honk Kong industry and set them to work?

Last edited:
One of his fights he does this spin kick thing at a bad guys head... his foot was about 13 feet away from the guys head.

I'm pretty sure he said hes immortal, but he gets knocked out easily.

It wasn't THAT bad... (but by no means any good either). I watched the episodes in a couple of days and only fast forwarded some bits. (that's more than I can say about Luke Cage).

But I agree totally on Redliners opinion, those monks must suck at teaching.

It wasn't THAT bad... (but by no means any good either). I watched the episodes in a couple of days and only fast forwarded some bits. (that's more than I can say about Luke Cage).

But I agree totally on Redliners opinion, those monks must suck at teaching.

It's not unwatchable ( I am 4 episode in, will probably watch a few more today :lol:), but it could be SO much better. I don't get how they could get the fights so right in Daredevil and screw this up so bad here. Alright, I know, different fighting styles and all, but like Rex Luther said, hire someone from Hong Kong and let them choreograph it.

Hell, not even Harald seems to be able to throw a decent punch. :lol: The actor dropping the other hand when punching the heavy bag annoys me more than it should.

Colleen Wing is a much better fighter than him, which makes all his K'un-Lun Mumbo Jumbo seems much less impressive.

Nothing will ever be as bad as that weird straight to dvd shit they did for the last few Luke Cage episodes

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

erik-laray-harvey-2.jpg

Yeah, that was pretty stupid.

On a side note: I just realized Colleen Wing is a dead ringer for my lesbian ex-girlfriend. :|

Now the nurse suddenly knows how to fight, after literally HALF A CLASS.
And can someone please put a gag on Madam Gao?

What a waste of time that was...
Uh, guys. I am part of the hand, OK. Everyone is, even you. K?

About 4 episodes in, and boy what kind of shit is this.

I can handle shitty fight scenes. It's probably not an easy thing to do, and even a lot of big budget movies fuck up. (except John Wick)

But the thing that annoys me the most is the lack of logic. You can see that Danny has been away for 15 years, since he never got any lessons in "real life". He acts like a fucking child, crying like a baby.
Nobody seems to know what common sense is. It literally feels like a comic to tv conversion.

Pretty much this.
Everyone acts like assholes, nothing makes sense , ugh. It's a waste of time.

It does not get better.

I think I got to episode 8 when I couldn't bring myself to watch more.. just a mess of logic from all characters, the already pointed out discrepancy between the story of what he did for 15years and the reality of how he behaves and acts.. but the other characters also just wildly swing from one stance to another with no apparent logic behind it.. and that whole "Hand" backstory.. I don't even..

Episode 9... I need to finish this series.

Harolds return was unexpected.

Iron Fist origin story...

Sensei: "Ok Danny, you are the Iron Fist"

Danny: "Thanks sensei"

Sensei: "You will go to earth and destroy The Hand"

Danny: "Sweet, i can protect the earth!!!"

Sensei "Well, more like a small part of New York. But we have trained you well"

Danny: "I'm gonna fight The Hand and no-one will stop me!!!"

Sensei: "Well, you can beat anyone... Who also hasn't had 15 years martial arts training."

Danny: "What powers do i have btw?"

Sensei: "Ah, your fist is invicinble"

Danny: "I'm gonna punch guys with my left and and my right hand, look out The Hand I'm coming for you."

Sensei: "About that, you can only punch with your right hand... And only once, maybe twice a day and if I'm honest, you mainly use it to open doors."

Danny: :|

Yes, I notice too.
He uses his power to:
Open a door
Break a sword
Open a door
Open a door
Open handcuffs
Open a door
Healing (?!?)

WTF :lol:

It's such a shitty character and series. But it's part of the Netflix Universe, so i had to watch it all. :(