Is being a woman a disablity?

Gah! Getitout! Getitout! Getitout!

th_brain_bleach.jpg

Are you kidding? The grease fire would make Hertfordshire look like a boy-scout fire ring.

She's a lesbian so she doesn't count as a woman.

/is going to catch shit for that one
//think about it: 2 lesbians = 2 less women for you
///economics FTW!

The difference in pay is minimal at least in Finland.
There's only a few jobs where the difference is more than 100?. That is NOT a big difference.

Anyway. I honestly believe modern feminists will not be happy before all heterosexual men are turned into "walking somethings". Some time ago I found out that there was a feminist group somewhere(sorry, don't remember where and when anymore) said that the most sovinist thing a man can do to a woman is to sleep with her. Also, we should create a matrialcal society for the exact same time that there was a patriarcal society. :|

All of the above is clearly proof, that feminists completely lack any kind of sense whatsoever. They don't have brains, they only have opinions. Yes. Feminists make women seem permanently disabled. Their opinions and stupid demands make women seem retarded.

Last edited:
Of course women should be equal in human rights and stuff like this, i mean this is not the question, is it?
But there are things that a man can do better and there are things a woman can do better. For instance, I can't imagine a woman as a construction worker carrying heavy stuff around and things like that. Or as soldiers.
Sure women can become soldier these days but I doubt that they will be as good as men are. Thats just how it is. There are exceptional cases of course, like everywhere. If they want and physicly can do it, than thats fine. There are female fighters (kickboxer etc) out there that could easily kick my ass, I have no doubt about that.
On the other side, women just have more dexterity and can work better with other people and stuff.
We can't be 100% equal in everything because we are not equal in physical and psychological terms. And I don't have a problem in doing women some favors (open a door, offer a seat...) even if it is no heavy fireproof door or whatever.
But of course some things like paying the drinks etc could well be disestablished in modern times because most women do earn their own money and should be proud of it.

Uh yeah, my wife gets 15 weeks, i get 2 days. Talk about inequality there.

In Sweden the man gets 50% if he wants it...

Great topic, this is still a huge problem, woman want equality yet still except all the practices that were used to woo them. I have the same attitude, your able to stand just as well as I am.

That happens ALOT here... It's still considered a "man's job" to fix the car or paint the fence..

In Sweden the man gets 50% if he wants it...

Oh, i can get the 50% if i want to, but my employer doesn't need to pay those hours for me, and i'm not willing to take a 50% hit in pay for that. I still need to wrestle with someone from HR about that stuff.

Moving out of the corporate world and into the purely social realm, I continue to get torqued up by the inequality. Guys, when was the last time you were at a bar and a woman bought you a drink? When was the last time a woman asked you out and paid for the meal and the cab ride? It happens, but in a minuscule proportion compared to the number of times the man pays. He's expected to pay, they know it and we know it. Pink Username Brigade, no offense, but how many times do you pick up the tab or send a drink to a guy? How many times have you gotten dressed up and gone out expecting guys to pay for your drinks? Hardly seems fair, maybe this could be where all that extra money we earn is going. It sounds to me like men have higher expenses, even in these modern and emancipated times.

A lot of that stems from the same societal pressures that feminists have such a problem with: that men are supposed to be dominant, tough, bread-winning protectors, and women are supposed to be submissive, delicate, comforting nurturers. The women out there who would rather be the one to pay for dinner, buy cute guys' drinks at the bar, or hold doors open for them are the same sort of women that get called names like "dyke", "butch", or "carpet muncher". In the same vein, guys who let the woman pay for things, or who stay at home while their wife makes the lion's share of the money are called everything from "weak" and "girly" to "whipped" and "bitch", so while free drinks sound nice, there are a lot of guys who don't want to risk the embarrassment.

The difference in pay is minimal at least in Finland.
There's only a few jobs where the difference is more than 100?. That is NOT a big difference.

Anyway. I honestly believe modern feminists will not be happy before all heterosexual men are turned into "walking somethings". Some time ago I found out that there was a feminist group somewhere(sorry, don't remember where and when anymore) said that the most sovinist thing a man can do to a woman is to sleep with her. Also, we should create a matrialcal society for the exact same time that there was a patriarcal society. :|

All of the above is clearly proof, that feminists completely lack any kind of sense whatsoever. They don't have brains, they only have opinions. Yes. Feminists make women seem permanently disabled. Their opinions and stupid demands make women seem retarded.

Keep in mind there are different factions of feminism with different goals and ideals. That, and some women are just plain greedy, using the title of Feminist as a shield to hide more selfish ambitions. Naturally, there are plenty of feminists who aren't trying to create some reverse-chauvinistic world, ones who would likely agree with most of this thread. ;)

i feel sometimes i am discriminated against for being a young woman. i'm always passed over for promotion at work (even when i've been there 5 years, and the male's only been there a few months). sometimes people don't take what i say seriously, but when i get an older male to repeat what i've said word for word, they'll respect what he says. some don't believe that i can't cook and when i try to do something; "oh, that's a man's job." yeah, i'm a huMAN too, jackass.

anyway, i can see the story from both sides. it sucks that men do not get maternity leave to be able to bond with their newborns like women do (then again, you guys don't have your bleeding womenhood stitched up the weeks after birth, according to those i know with children, it's quite painful). but it also sucks that women have been seen as "second rate" to men for centuries. and yes, i know the feminism movement is tiresome, but i don't see a reason why i should be paid less for doing the same amount of work as a man and discriminated against for being a woman.

forgive me if i don't make sense, it's 3am.

eta: to take blind io's comment in perspective, i know what you mean, women can be passive about fighting their way up the ladder. but trust me, i am number one ass kisser in that place and constantly outperform my coworkers. but hey, new job soon, and this time i wont go into a company run by a money hungry pig in a male dominated industry.

and to the OP, you had every right to that seat. if she wants a guaranteed seat on the way home from work, maybe a car instead of a busy subway?

Last edited:
yeah, after childbirth you have this epic period that lasts for a few weeks called the lochia. fun, hey!

I work with mostly men at my job, probably eighty percent of the employees are male. So when a 20 something, slim, pretty girl applied they hired her without question 'cause she had boobs (barely.) The girl doesn't do a damn thing! On busy days when everyone else is working hard she calls the boss and whines until he sends someone out to help her. This particular girl is happier complaining about her work than actually doing it. But it all worked out, they transfered her to receptionist. :p

but it also sucks that women have been seen as "second rate" to men for centuries.

Have youever asked yourself why in every culture on this planet it is men that were in charge of prettymuch everything for centuries? And I'm telling you right now, women have not been treated as second rate to men THAT long.

It's possible a couple of enterprising ones got the upper hand early.

I also looked up lochia on wikipedia.

Humans are so poorly designed. :lol:

Have youever asked yourself why in every culture on this planet it is men that were in charge of prettymuch everything for centuries?

I always assumed it was due to the incapacitation of the female before, during, and after pregnancy, combined with biological triggers in females to stay with developing offspring and in males to search for food. I have no particular reason as to why these triggers would develop, however. What are your ideas on the subject?

but it also sucks that women have been seen as "second rate" to men for centuries.
And I'm telling you right now, women have not been treated as second rate to men THAT long.

Uh, you yourself just said societies have been male-controlled for centuries. :huh:

I always assumed it was due to the incapacitation of the female before, during, and after pregnancy, combined with biological triggers in females to stay with developing offspring and in males to search for food. I have no particular reason as to why these triggers would develop, however. What are your ideas on the subject?

You're right about the fact that males in almost all species are the ones that go out to forage for food, but to answer your question completely you'll have to delve into species biology and examine the interactions between monkeys and other similar animals. Patterns exist between all carbon-based life forms, it's just that we have different ways of showing them.

Wow, this thread is the best. It raises my favourite topics in the whole wide world.
So I'll start with the first post:

While I was doing that, obviously the woman behind me (who I couldn't see) had been eyeing off the seat, because as I sat down, she muttered "oh, the perfect gentleman".
What that bloody idiot doesn't know is what a "gentleman" actually means. And let me make it clear for all the women and men on this board that "gentleman" DOES NOT MEAN "gentle man". It means a "noble man". Noble, as in the old sense of the word, not the whining idiot who sends a check to the poor starving children of Africa (who never see a cent btw) and everyone says "how noble. Noble in old times meant that the man in question was of high status. He came from a family with a good name. He was known and respected in his community and the people around him would give their best to fall into his graces.
Let me say that again. A gentleman is a high status person. No more. And as any high status person, a gentleman has an honour to defend, he has a family that he is charged to provide to and he keeps his status with every gesture he does.

So what does that mean? A gentleman usually has the highest status of all his friends. When he walks into a room, people take notice. He walks with his head high, proud of what he is and has made himself. He looks people directly in the eye and does not bow his head to anyone. He greets only those that greet him and reserves handshakes for the people that he knows and respects or for those that are introduced to him by the people who he knows and respects.

When called upon to work in a group or a conference, a gentleman does not laugh at people's jokes just because his peers laugh at it. His peers laugh just because they want to belong and gain approval of other members. A gentleman cares less if he gets the approval of his peers. He usually gets that by default. On the other hand, he makes lots of jokes with good humour, and everybody else laughs, approving him. This is just an example of how a gentleman behaves. Others would be that when stared down, he does not look away, but rather stays his stare and challenges the person that did it to him. When challenged to a fight or a duel, a gentleman would never seek to defer or avoid it; he would step up to the plate. If a gentleman is insulted, by any means really, even generalizations about men, he doesn't "play it cool" and leave it be, he challenges the person that did this almost instantly, demanding that they take it back or harsh measures will be taken.

A gentleman also takes care of those who are near and dear to them. That means he holds doors open, offers his seat, offers to pay for get-togethers that he planned, etc. ONLY for the women or men that he considers to be his peers by association. What this means is all the things that women associate today as being the gestures of "gentleman" would only be performed towards those individuals that have earned the man's graces. He would only do this for his mother, sisters, spouse, very close friends that he admires, girlfriends, fiances, etc. Or the persons that those women associate with, because if they earned their admired woman's graces, they have earned the gentleman's graces too. A gentleman would not do this for a complete stranger just because they're a woman. Never. Also, a gentleman does not do this because it is his duty and definitely does not do this out of servitude. He does this holding his head high with pride and he does this because he cares for the wellfare and honor of the women that have gained his graces. But he even towards the women "of his pack" he still reserves the higher status for himself.

If anything, those gestures are done more because he bears the task of protecting his good image against all around him. He has a good name to uphold which has been passed down to him by his ancestors and will be passed on to his sons and grandsons, thus this name is not only being upheld merely for himself, but also for those that have come before him and those who will come after him. Also, he wants that the women he respects to have the best that anyone can offer. Because he wants them to reflect the quality of the person that he is.

A gentleman puts his status and honor above all else. He rewards only those who deserve to be rewarded, he respects only those who've earned his respect, he admires those who deserve his admirations and he serves ABSOLUTELY NOBODY.

And that's what a gentleman is. The meaning has faded over time and that's, probably more because of the "ladies and gentlemen" line before everything else, which made people declare themselves "gentlemen" merely because they were men. And these little submissive and needy turds would give their graces to absolutely everyone around them not because it was honorable of them to do so, but because they wanted to gain the acceptance of those around them and needed something that they can offer. Basically, they did this just to kiss ass. A gentleman would NEVER kiss ass, not on his life. So the notion of a gentleman became the "needy idiot who opens doors for ladies, offers his seat on the bus and brings flowers to everyone he visits because he wants something from them". Now you tell me, which one of these would you rather respect more the "needy, approval-seeking, weak gentleman" or the "high status, approval-receiving, strong gentleman"?

It is because of idiots such as those that the notion of being a gentleman has faded along the years. Women have become accustomed to receiving men's graces just because they were women and some have even lost all respect for the so-called "gentlemen" because they obviously don't have a spine, and just give up their status to total strangers. How weak, huh?

And to be blunt, when women say they want a gentleman ... they mean the older meaning, guys, not the "modern gentleman". They mean they want prince charming ... who is charming to them, not charming to everyone just because they're the opposite sex.

Great topic, this is still a huge problem, woman want equality yet still except all the practices that were used to woo them. I have the same attitude, your able to stand just as well as I am.
Well, me, I'm just waiting for another large war to happen, because once it does and the Canadian troops run out of men and conscription comes along, do you still think that they will recruit only men?? Hell no!! Sister, mother, wife, grab a rifle and let's go!! :D Yes ladies, that means that in the next world war, when we're going to be blown up, shot at, live in misery, with little food and no shelter, in knee-deep muddy ditches infested with rats or trotting through a sticky jungle for miles and miles, you will be right there with us. Because unfortunately equal rights means equal responsibilities. :p

I'm losing faith in the whole good things come to nice guys. Typically I've gone out of my way to open doors for women, offer them my seat, or anything else that might make their day a little nicer. But my considerate acts never receive anything more than an obligatory thank you. Why is it that the biggest jerks get the nicest girls? And why must those nice girls see stick with them when they're obviously being treated like crap? Maybe it's time to let out my inner asshole.
Exactly.
Opening a door should result in sex and giving up a seat, well, y'know... while you're down there.
:p
Well, men, let me put it to you this way:
Would you sleep with a fat chick just because she bought you a drink?
Or would you sleep with a hot chick that doesn't necessarily buy you a drink?
Or would you sleep with a moderately looking rich chick because you want to put your hands in her pockets and get that supercar you always wanted? But then again, would you do this because you're attracted to her, or just because of the money, and would eventually leave her?

Hmm, have I stumbled upon something interesting here or what??

Here's the truth that many people don't know or don't talk about: attraction for men and women works the same way, and that is: "An individual of one sex is attracted to an individual of opposite sex who has higher status than other individuals of the opposite sex." ... of course, there are always exceptions where one sex prefers the same sex ... but the matter of status and how high it is sticks with that as well.
So what does that mean? I means that women like men with higher status than other men around them. Simple enough right? But what does "status" actually mean?
Well, to different people it means different things but most of the time, this is equated to one or more traits: DNA, personality and power. By DNA I mean good or bad looks, by personality I mean strong or submissive, elegant or sloppy etc. and by power ... well, that one explains itself.

The trick of this is that some women put more importance on some of these traits than on others, just like men do. Some may like a man with a great personality who's great to be around and would pay little importance to the fact that he's not all muscle-bound. Some may like a man because he looks good and disregard the fact that his career has been stagnant for the past 5 years. And so on.

But most importantly, most women draw the line somewhere. For example, most women do not like obese men with health problems and who are physically deformed. Also, most women do not like bland guys who have nothing interesting to say and would rather hit them and swear at them. And finally, most women would rather die than pair up with a weak wuss who doesn't have an education and works shifts at a mcdonalds.

With the above mentioned, now comes the answering of the questions:
KaJuN, women do not like assholes. But they prefer them to what you call "the nice guy". Sure, Disney may rattle on about the wussy geek getting the girl all they want, but they know they're wrong; they just show that because that's what the wussy geeks want to see, it gives them hope (but destroys all chance they have of getting laid before graduating from college).

What you mean to say by "nice guy" actually means "nice wuss". The problem with what you are doing is you "go out of your way" to open doors for women, offer them your seat or do anything to make their day nicer. What this says to women is that you're a needy wuss who wants nothing better than to please them. It's just as bad as buying strange women drinks at a bar. What you're basically saying is " I don't think that my looks may be that good, I don't have the personality that would impress you by any means and I certainly don't think that if I were to compete against other men for your affections that I would win. But maybe if I offer you a drink and make your day a bit more comfortable, I hope you will see it in your heart to take pitty on me and have a conversation with me, and hopefully have sex with me thereafter." If a woman did that to you, would you sleep with her or would you avoid her at all costs? Have I opened your eyes yet?

If you're doing this, just STOP RIGHT NOW!! STOP!!! Please refer to what I've said above about status and being a gentleman. Would a gentleman lower himself to that? Would a high status person have to ask for her affections or would he just introduce himself, start a conversation with a woman (that she wants to carry) and would receive her affections by default? Now, you think about that.
What you need to do is communicate to women (indirectly) that you are a high status individual. Women just prefer the assholes because they never lower their status for them, but rather communicate such that it shows that they are "the man", while on the other hand "nice guys" do anything short of fall on their knees begging for a woman's attention. So there you go.

My problem is that feminism seems to have stopped being about fighting for equal rights and has become an excuse, an unassailable platform from which women can whine about not getting their due. Didn't get a job? It must be a man's fault! Not getting the pay you deserve? Sexism! Horseshit.

Want to know the real reason women don't get the same pay or the promotions that men do? I've read years of the research and here's the answer: They don't fight for it. Women tend not to negotiate salary and take the early offer; they wait for promotions to be offered while others (men) are kissing ass, pressing palms and selling themselves to the corporate bosses. In short, women tend to settle for less. Well guess what? If you don't fight for it, the way your mothers and grandmothers did for suffrage, then you don't get to bitch about it. Period. End of fucking discussion. I have no more sympathy for someone who cries about being thirsty but won't get up to get a glass of water.

i'm always passed over for promotion at work (even when i've been there 5 years, and the male's only been there a few months).

i am number one ass kisser in that place and constantly outperform my coworkers.
Ambermorn, this may come as a surprise to you, and many here, but promotion in the workplace is not given to those who outperform their co-workers, and longevity with a company. Instead, promotions are given by the bosses to the closer friends they have in the company ... and sometimes even outside the company. Doesn't matter if you kiss ass, doesn't matter how well you perform in your job. The only thing that matters for promotion is how close a friend you are to the big boss.

Do you hang out with him, do you invite him to your parties, do you get him a present on his birthday? etc. This is because anyone would rather work more closely with a friend than with a stranger. So when you're stuck late at night doing inventory or counting up the numbers on thousands of receipts because you have no choice, who would you want to spend that time with? A friend or a complete stranger?

The guy you're talking about probably got promoted because he did that. He seriously befriended the boss (probably just so that he would receive the promotion, but that doesn't matter to the boss, really).

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. I was in a business after-school program for high-school kids which was about forming a real live company and running it. Mainly done so young people can get a perspective on the business world and can gain experience firsthand at running a business. All upper level management was chosen by secret ballot, so people would run for the position and people would vote for them. I definitely had more skill in business than anyone there, mostly because I was more serious with school and my future career and because I was grade 12, they were just grade 9-10, so I had more knowledge and took more business courses than they could have taken.
Running against me was a 10th grader with the business knowledge of a postal worker, who slacked off, wasn't serious about making the company succeed and had even skipped on half of the meetings we held up until the election day. But he won. He threw a party before the election day and invited all other members of the company, except me and my close friends, so we don't know about it. Surely enough, the party was a success and he befriended the majority of voters. And who did the idiot grade 9-ers vote for? him. Where did the company go? Down the drain.
That's when I learned that to succeed in this world you don't have to be the best of the best, you just have to befriend the right people. That's the only thing that takes.

Guys, when was the last time you were at a bar and a woman bought you a drink? When was the last time a woman asked you out and paid for the meal and the cab ride? It happens, but in a minuscule proportion compared to the number of times the man pays. He's expected to pay, they know it and we know it. Pink Username Brigade, no offense, but how many times do you pick up the tab or send a drink to a guy? How many times have you gotten dressed up and gone out expecting guys to pay for your drinks? Hardly seems fair, maybe this could be where all that extra money we earn is going. It sounds to me like men have higher expenses, even in these modern and emancipated times.

Ahh, the media, provider of social stereotypes. Oh, this is a favorite of the feminists. They prattle on about how young girls are taught by fairy tales that they need a good man to be complete, that toys encourage them to want to cook and clean, and that they just need to be pretty enough for Prince Charming to rescue them and take them away. Valid points, all; but what about the flip side of the coin? Let's take a look at that same story, what does it say about men? We are told that our purpose, our reason for being is to rescue the maiden... simple as pie, we just have to be a knight in shining armor (have you ever polished that stuff? It takes for sodding ever!) on a white steed (you try riding in 200 lb of plate steel) ride in gallantly to the rescue (we look real gallant when a crane is lifting our metallic ass into the saddle), single-handedly assault the castle, defeat the guards, slay the villain/witch/dragon, wake up the fair maiden with a kiss so good it snaps her out of a coma, and live happily ever after. *whew* That's all, no biggie.
That being said, I never pay for strange women's drinks, never. That that's because I'm a gentleman (see above). On the flipside, I've been known to call women on the fact that they expect guys to pay for their consumption.
The women that get really mad about it are driven out of my entourage ... forever.

So what happens when we try to offer a token gesture of chivalry?

Chivalry ... again, a word I think most people don't know the meaning of. Chivalry has the same origin as the word "cavalry" it literally means riding on a horse's back. It stems from the word "caval" which in french means "horse". How's that important, gentlemen and men of noble birth would always be horseback riding. Knights in shining armour come on horses. And especially, a noble man in old times would be the only kind of man that can afford to have a horse and keep him.
So again, chivalry is about high status ... it's not about "nice" gestures but rather the nice gestures that noble men did for the women that meant the world to them.

I think I made that decision when a rabid diesel-dyke shouted at me when I warned her that the man-hole cover was slippery. Fuck you, I won't call it a "person-hole cover." You can find out the hard way that the circular cast plate of steel set into the concrete aggregate pedestrian walkway is wet and slipper when you fall on your ass. This is my thanks for offering a friendly warning.

:rofl: oh man, you made my day.

Women say they want equality, but 95% of them have no idea what that means. When women start fighting for the right to register for the Selective Service (that means the draft for anyone without a penis) at the age of 18, then, and only then, will feminism once more have my support. Until then, you have all that you need, make the most of your privilege without your responsibility.

That I agree with. Women don't know what equality means. It means that you can get drafted for the army just like men do, you getto stand up on the bus/subway, like men do, and in no time, guess what? The whole "women and children first" line is going to become just "children first". Because that's what equality means. You take the bad in with the good. It's just the way it is.

women are the most beautiful things on earth, its alright to do something nice once in a while.
Not entirely true. You say this because you're a guy and you're straight, and saying that the male form is beautiful in this day and age would make people label you as a homosexual.
Well, you know what? I say men are probably more handsome than women in general. There are more men out there that conform to the anatomically healthy form for a man then there are women who are close to the anatomically healthy form of a woman.
Do we look any less handsome just because we're strong and rugged, like all males of any species should be, rather than be weak and frail? I propose to everyone here that if men were to use as many beauty products as women do and would pay more attention to their looks than most men do, they would be considered beautiful by women as well. But society has taught us that "only gays use facial cleansers and moisturizers" and that "the only product that men should put in their hair is shampoo", so yeah, there's that.

To add to what Blind said, which by the way was the best post this year in my opinion. The main problem seen in this, (this comes from articles I've read as well as personal observation) is the mens lack of standing up for being constantly insulted as a gender in general. There are so many times that woman call Men Stupid, Lazy, Assholes, Jerks, Dicks, etc on TV shows, the workplace, and at home, and it is not considered sexiest by either woman of the people quality checking the media, Such things have lead to woman being able to the openly criticize men for any sort of mistake or just generally being male, and we just stand there and take it, this is both verbal abuse and sexism, though I sound like I am getting carried away here I am not, just last month on digg I found an article pertaining to just exact subject, if my bookmarks had not erased I would have included it, but it brought up the points that I just made.
Actually just before I signed into the forum to read this thread, I sent a very stern message to a good girld friend of mine that I've known for 3 years and respected because she posted her facebook status as "men these days are just a waste". I told her that she insulted me , that I was very dissapointed in her, Which I am, and I demanded that she take it back. No seriously, it's true. And I did that because I'm a gentleman, too. :p (see above if you don't get it)

Woman, please don't complain about men being assholes and only caring about sex, because you cannot deny you like it just as much as they do, and its a lot better to be paid in some form for sex then having to pay for it. So if you really don't have to have a one night stand, then put more value on personality then on their wallet.
Dude, wtf, that was weak. Paying for sex? Women are not prostitutes, dude. They give sex not because men pay for it, but because they somehow think men deserve it and because they like those men. It has nothing to do with paying for dinner, a drink, etc.
And also, a gentleman never pays for sex. Never.

A lot of that stems from the same societal pressures that feminists have such a problem with: that men are supposed to be dominant, tough, bread-winning protectors, and women are supposed to be submissive, delicate, comforting nurturers. The women out there who would rather be the one to pay for dinner, buy cute guys' drinks at the bar, or hold doors open for them are the same sort of women that get called names like "dyke", "butch", or "carpet muncher".
In the same vein, guys who let the woman pay for things, or who stay at home while their wife makes the lion's share of the money are called everything from "weak" and "girly" to "whipped" and "bitch", so while free drinks sound nice, there are a lot of guys who don't want to risk the embarrassment.
Well, back to the idea of a gentleman, one would pay for his own drink, by default. It is not a matter of embarassment, but rather a matter of pride and respect for one's image. Men should never expect their women to pay for their drinks. They should be able to have their own, regardless of their woman's pocket size.
But they also shouldn't get mad if a girls offers them a drink or label her as a "dyke". I for one don't expect a girl to offer me a drink, but if she does I know that she went to great risk of embarassment to do this. It is a very big gesture and I thank them. And I mean a sincere "thank you", not a dismissive "thanks".

it also sucks that women have been seen as "second rate" to men for centuries. and yes, i know the feminism movement is tiresome, but i don't see a reason why i should be paid less for doing the same amount of work as a man and discriminated against for being a woman.
Indeed, women should never be discriminated against just because they are women. This has been so for ages and the situation has definitely taken a turn for the better in our times.
What I don't know is why are feminists still so active and still doing their little protests and marches all over town for it? It's done, you have the vote, you have been given equal opportunity for jobs, you have changed the opinion of a very high majority of men, you get treated with respect more than before, men abuse you less than before ... all these things changed for the better. All the men whose opinions could have been changed have been changed. The only ones left out there who are still not convinced are the pigs ... and guess what? You're still not going to convince them. If anything, you're just getting them mad. They are stubborn, and greedy and evil bastards. You're not going to change that about them. It's who they are.
So really, all these feminist rallies these days fail, in my opinion. They don't make much progress. The progress that could have been made, has been made. What more do they want, except to have right that are "more equal" than those of men?

sometimes people don't take what i say seriously, but when i get an older male to repeat what i've said word for word, they'll respect what he says. some don't believe that i can't cook and when i try to do something; "oh, that's a man's job." yeah, i'm a huMAN too, jackass.
And that's exactly what they are: jackasses. Please do not confuse real men with jackasses. There are still a lot of them out there, true. But we dislike them as much as you do.
Seriously, someone should make a flyer and declare this day the "beat up a jackass" day. I know I've knocked out my share of jackasses, so please "Do your part today. Beat up a jackass!! :thumbsup:

\Wow, look at how much time it took me to write this post (essay, really) ...
\\But I'm glad I did.