[is crap] May, Hammond in pay standoff?

Andy - gotta love him.

X3. He's a top bloke. Knew that from his Mercedes truck racing piece on old TG. Hope I'm not the only one who remembers that one.

Long time no talk here, but I noticed that on FinalGear's homepage, rumour is spelt wrongly. ;)

Andy - gotta love him.
X4 ^_^

Andy and his blogs show us why Top Gear is definetly the BEST tv show in the world. I can't think of any other show where the producer gives his opinions and feelings about what happends with the show and what do fans and viewers think about it. It shows a love and passion (just like a ferrari but please: don't break down :lol:) never seen in any other show. He's there most of the times, listening to us, to their audience, giving his explanation about why didn't that piece of the program work. Or why do we need to have faith in Top Gear Stuntman.

He also mentions that the two first episodes weren't the best so far (which has been discussed quite a lot here in the forums) which also tell us that he reads us and listens to us. I dunno it's quite a special feeling for a viewer to acutally being listened by the producer of the program.

Anyways, let's forget about the newspaper's crap and get ready for tonight's episode. Alfa Romeo's + Cheap Car Challenge = Serious fun :D

Long time no talk here, but I noticed that on FinalGear's homepage, rumour is spelt wrongly. ;)

finalgear.com was created by an American in case you hadn't noticed. Rumour, like colour, aluminium and a number of other words have American spellings/pronunciations that are accepted as natural language variation, as well as numerous other situations where they use totally different words for the same concept such as bonnet/hood, boot/trunk and wing/fender to use some specific automotive examples.

I can understand your post - being from Hong King I would assume you have been taught the Queen's English. I used to get uptight about this kind of thing, but then I realised it was simply petty snobbery and stopped worrying about it. Vive la difference and all that.

like, colour and color

and basket and bastered.

LOL

i kid, Yes the queen post talking is shat...

I'm really glad Andy has put this whole issue to rest. I knew it was nothing but it's still a comfort to hear that this rumor is false.

I know a lot of you don't care and I don't either, but I wanted to share this new information:

No idea if it's true or not, but it's in the biggest .be newspaper.

I just read in a that newspaper that May and Hammond will both get an additional 12.000 euros per episode and that the issue is dealt with.

May already got 12.000 euros per episodes, Hammond 19.000.
Clarkson would get somewhere between 1.2 and 2.4 million euros because he also gets part of the DVD sales.

Source: (dutch) http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Article/Detail.aspx?articleID=UT1UMM5C