Is Elon Musk gambling his business empire?

jack_christie

Forum Addict

'An over-levered clown'​

"Elon didn't so much win Twitter," Vicki Bryan, a credit analyst and CEO of research firm Bond Angle, told Insider. "He may be the bag holder who gets the company no one else wanted to buy,

The challenges ahead for Elon Musk at Twitter​

View: https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/the-challenges-ahead-for-elon-musk-at-twitter-138929221724

Yes, and I hope he loses.

Picked up a few more investors:

Elon Musk got another $7 billion from friends and investors to buy Twitter​

A new filing shows that Oracle co-founder Larry Ellison, venture capital firm Sequoia and crypto exchange platform Binance are among a cohort of investors that plan to support Elon Musk’s $44 billion Twitter takeover.

A terrifying thought:

The Elon Musk Twitter Era is Nigh, Thanks in Part to Cash From Trump’s Pals​

Only needs to find an extra $2bn at year:

Elon Musk's Twitter cash crunch​

Cold feet, creates chaos:
Dan Ives, a tech analyst at investment firm Wedbush Securities, said Mr Musk's tweet would "send this Twitter circus show into a Friday the 13th horror show".
He said Wall Street would now "view this deal as 1) likely falling apart, 2) Musk negotiating for a lower deal price, or 3) Musk simply walking away from the deal with a $1bn break-up fee".

I think that this thread should be in general. A business transaction or m&a thread. Because I don't buy that it's actually anything more than a company ad. A recent Fox News poll shows most political people, in either party, don't care who owns it.

Screenshot_20220504-190827.png

The indifference to hype ratio is so far out of wack. Pump and dump.

Wasn't sure where to put it

Now he wants it to be a MAGA rathole:

Elon Musk denies sexual misconduct allegations​

Jim Cramer Absolutely Buries Elon Musk: ‘Devastating’ Twitter Filing Shows How ‘Horrendous and Infantile’ He Was​

David Faber shocked his CNBC colleagues by suggesting that Elon Musk could be jailed over the lawsuit he faces from his decision to back out of buying Twitter.

The lone upside of being laid off is "thank goodness I don't have to deal with managing anyone's social media right now."

I think that Musk thought he could dig up something embarrassing to Twitter, but he never even considered that Twitter could dig up something embarrassing to him.

I think that Musk thought he could dig up something embarrassing to Twitter, but he never even considered that Twitter could dig up something embarrassing to him.

Like, by not deleting his past tweets, and letting him continue to tweet? 😅

Like, by not deleting his past tweets, and letting him continue to tweet? 😅

The world already can see those. He had to turn over text messages. Imagine what he says when he doesn't think it will get out.

Prince Alwaleed, Larry Ellison and who else to the rescue?

How will Elon Musk pay for Twitter?​

Saudi Billionaire Made $500 Million Russia Bet at War Onset​

• Prince Alwaleed’s firm invested in Gazprom, Rosneft, Lukoil