Is it possible to reduce the posts per page on [No 56k] tagged threads

idk

Car(s)
Hyundai i30N Performance
Hi,

i set my "Posts per page" to 50. Thats a good value for normal topics imo. I just wonder if it is possible to add another setting for threads containing a lot of pictures. Because when someone else in the house is watching a video stream and i click on such a thread, the stream in the room next door skips.

Although my Internet connection isn't that bad, it needs a lot of time to load these threads and it consumes a lot of temporary memory. For some threads, a setting of only 5 posts per page would be sufficient e.g.

Well i guess it's difficult that the amount of pictures in a thread is taken into consideration, but if it was possible to take for example the [No 56k] Prefixes as a criteria, it would be better at least for me.

I don't know if anybody else would welcome such a feature... So maybe some feedback of you in this thread.

PS: Well I'm aware that most "picture" threads are not tagged as [No 56k] but maybe the admins could add another prefix, explicitly for threads that show a lot of embedded pictures?

Just a thought... many threads will consist of one huge post with tons of images, and lots of replies without tons of images. Any change of the number of pages would not safely eliminate any issues caused by loading lots of images in those cases :(

Might work on those where everyone posts a few images though, but still it sounds more of a job for traffic shaping / quality of service parameters to favor streaming over anything else.

I suggest you lower your maximum concurrent connections parameter (I'm assuming you use a browser that allows such tinkering). Better yet, implement traffic shaping as narf suggested.

Edit: As far as I know, vB does not allow for per-thread page length restrictions.

Last edited:
Make sure the concurrent connections are not just lowered per server but in total. Especially those everyone-posts-a-funny-picture threads have images from several hosts, which would again result in many requests going at once. Fast servers would still cause lag potential though :cry: